SportsWrath

So now what?

Sephiroth

Cut Eli June 1st. Spread his hit out a bit. Get Lauletta playing time without getting him killed. Draft QB 1st rd.

Keep Engram, Shepard, OBJ, and Barkley together at all costs. Though OBJ is wearing on me a bit. More on him below.

2nd & 3rd rds need to be T/G and CB. Apple sucks and JJ is in need of a pay cut. No depth behind them.

4th should be a safety to run next to Collins.

FA should yield a shit ton of offensive linemen. As much as blocking for a rookie or 2nd year QB might suck, I have to think it'd be sweet as hell blocking for Barkley...so maybe that creates some level of interest. I would strongly consider trading Beckham for a OT of the same caliber straight up at this point if Beckhams antics continue.

So rookie QB and Lauletta with Tanney doing the laundry.

2nd or 3rd rd T/G and 2 FAs at T, G/C...minimum.

OBJ...use in trade to make the line better if you have to.

Don't ignore tbe defense in an offseason where OL and QB are huge concerns. Secondary is particularly thin.

Coach/GM...let them be evaluated 3 years after the QB transition. You gotta believe that was a consideration when Shurmur and Gettleman were hired. I'll let them do their jobs there before casting judgment.

Bettcher...I hope he sticks because he has seen interest for HC spots before.

If Eli retires do we still take a cap hit? Obviously he is going to play out the rest of the season, and really I'm fine with that. Especially if they have no intention of ever starting either back up. Hope Eli see's the writing on the wall at the end of this year and bows out gracefully. Not likely to happen though. I think he has already screwed the Giants out of enough money 6 out of the last 7 years. QB's ego's are huge, they will probably have to drag him off the field.

If they do end up benching Eli this season, it wont be till they are mathematically eliminated.

I told you guys signing Odell to that contract was dumb. Should have made him play out the rookie contract, then tagged him twice. He seems to play much better when he's chasing money. You gotta be intrigued at the idea of Barkley and Odell with a kick ass first round, hopefully first pick QB though. With the money they will eventually save getting out of Manning's contract maybe they can actually build a half way decent O-line.

I also don't think the Defense is as bad as they look, well aside from pressuring the QB. I think they just don't give a crap anymore. Out of all the upcoming FA's on D they better keep snacks. He is one of the only ones earning his check.

Man thinking of all the other problems, it's gonna be quite a task putting together a winner even next year.

Oh just to add, a lot of fans stop watching when things get this bad. I decided after seeing Barkley, heck in every game, that he deserves an audience. For him alone I'm gonna watch every game as though they still have a chance. Despite the record we are witnessing something very special with this kid. His last game is making me think there is no RB in the league as good. Not even Dallas's poster boy.

What now is pretty simple and it will be another bitter pill to swallow. Giants are well on their way to another top 5 selection in the draft. Giants have to get a contract together for Collins because he is the best player on the defensive secondary. Cutting players to save money? Not happening because everyone that could be cut to save a dime has been cut. Giants will have to continue rebuilding the roster through the draft because we cannot afford to do it through free agency.

About trading OBJ for a tackle of similar talent.... Are Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace still in the NFL?

Offensive line play isn't what it was.

Don't think so...but doesn't mean there isnt a dominant OT out there who would help us moreso than a dominant WR

Don't think so...but doesn't mean there isnt a dominant OT out there who would help us moreso than a dominant WR

And I think they can be gotten in the draft.

Oline players don't warrant a first round pick in the NFL anymore, unless they are a guy like Nelson, who is still having his struggles in Indy.

A pick or two more like Hernendez in the second round, and a free agent or two and the Oline is fine.

Trading the best WR to ever suit up in blue, isnt an addition by subtraction no matter the player.

And I think they can be gotten in the draft.

Oline players don't warrant a first round pick in the NFL anymore, unless they are a guy like Nelson, who is still having his struggles in Indy.

A pick or two more like Hernendez in the second round, and a free agent or two and the Oline is fine.

Trading the best WR to ever suit up in blue, isnt an addition by subtraction no matter the player.

That is the thinking that got us the offensive line problems we have had for years. Then you start reaching for players in the draft and end up with Flowers. We only just drafted Will Hernandez and still have holes at RG, RT, and Halapio is a question mark at Center.

That is the thinking that got us the offensive line problems we have had for years. Then you start reaching for players in the draft and end up with Flowers. We only just drafted Will Hernandez and still have holes at RG, RT, and Halapio is a question mark at Center.

Isnt that the problem though, you don't draft Oline unless they are warranted at the pick.

Guys like Flowers/Pugh are clear examples why you don't spend high on Oline unless he's "the guy" of the draft like Nelson.

We have holes across the Oline which can be filled in the draft and FA, normally the second round holds a lot of value at the guard and center position, hell in recent drafts tackles are even falling now.

Why go trading for players when we don't have the cap or the draft capital to do so?

I’d like to see if more athletic tackles is the answer. The Defensive end or most pass rushers have evolved into athletes yet the offense stays the same with slow 320 plus guys. I’m not a OL coach and maybe rightly so but I’ve seen athletic 240 lb guys hold a block pretty well.

Isnt that the problem though, you don't draft Oline unless they are warranted at the pick.

Guys like Flowers/Pugh are clear examples why you don't spend high on Oline unless he's "the guy" of the draft like Nelson.

We have holes across the Oline which can be filled in the draft and FA, normally the second round holds a lot of value at the guard and center position, hell in recent drafts tackles are even falling now.

Why go trading for players when we don't have the cap or the draft capital to do so?

That isn't spending high it is drafting a Need over Best Player Available. Building this roster through free agency isn't an option. It has to be done through the draft.

Just to be clear I think the mere thought of trading ODB now is nonsense... The Giants made a commitment to him and hes committed to the Giants.... him venting his frustrations is part of growing up and I dont have a problem with it.... Im one who thinks this team is too far of from being 5 and 1... Lets not get too carried away here... new FO new coaches new players.... its going to take some time.... I dare anyone to look at the likes of ODB, Barkley, Engram, Snacks, Collins and not think this team is not destined for great things.... weve all come down hard on Eli.... the man didnt forget how to play ball... however this season ends, we should land our next franchise qb in the next draft and shore up the offensive line... we maybe having a down couple of years but that happens in this sport... how many of us would trade fortunes with any other fanbase in the past two decades outside of the Patrits?

Saw a tweet suggesting the Giants trade for Jacoby Brisett. Would be an intriguing Route. He has experience starting and has learned under Brady and Luck.

Naww with Lucks arm being the biggest liability on that team, the Colts would be beyond idiotic to trade Brisett.

Not to mention the Giants are probably looking at giving up a first round pick, which is what the Colts used to get him.

Unfortunetly alot of good back ups in the NFL are sitting behind guys waiting to retire.

Rudolph out of Pittsburgh would make a lot of sense as a trade candidate, but Rapeithsburger is probably done after the year.

Hoyer is an interesting idea, he's got starting experience and would hold the team over for acouple years, we would just have to deal with the Pats though.

The Bears would probably trade Daniels for the cheap, another guy with starting experience.

There's also that former Broncos QB backing up Cousins in Minny, could be another guy to trade for.

Not to mention the Giants are probably looking at giving up a first round pick, which is what the Colts used to get him.

Sort of...the Colts traded Phillip Dorsett who was a former first-round pick not living up to his billing for Brisette and a third-round pick.

Maybe we should have hung onto Flowers.

Sort of...the Colts traded Phillip Dorsett who was a former first-round pick not living up to his billing for Brisette and a third-round pick.

Maybe we should have hung onto Flowers.

I swear it was the Colts who gave up a first for Brissett.

Well maybe he'll be easier to get than first thought.

Would probably have to throw some value in there though, maybe Apple or Wynn.