SportsWrath

The erosion of Eli: The Giant problem with the franchise QB

Nas

Now if I was Temp I'd reply to this with "your mother's been telling stories about me again?"

Can somebody comment on my thickness, please?

hey if you want my mother, go for it. Isnt it Time for you to pat yourself on the back for anothe amazingr in game prediction?

Good offensive lineman are almost never available in free agency except for the overpriced ones..... our draft picks should be QB OL, OL.

yeah, we have two of 'em.... and the line still sucks hard.

Continuing my protection observations for the day, LA gives Goff very nice protection.....but when they don't, you'll rarely seen a QB so flappable in the face of pressure. Good thing they have a good OL or I suspect they'd be talking about Goff as a miserable bust.

well that was depressing.... I gave 2019 free agents a google, brought me here....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/

sorted by age because, well, who wants old guys..... and guess who are the two youngest available offensive tackles scheduled to hit free agency in 2019....

Ereck Flowers

Bobby Hart

we. are so. Fucked.

I didn't see anybody out there worth signing as anything more than a stop gap.

yeah, we have two of 'em.... and the line still sucks hard.

Continuing my protection observations for the day, LA gives Goff very nice protection.....but when they don't, you'll rarely seen a QB so flappable in the face of pressure. Good thing they have a good OL or I suspect they'd be talking about Goff as a miserable bust.

I'm still hopeful of seeing a solid Giants line pass protecting and run blocking this season. Anyone think Chad Wheeler is a lock at RT going forward?

I'm still hopeful of seeing a solid Giants line pass protecting and run blocking this season. Anyone think Chad Wheeler is a lock at RT going forward?

He's played surprisingly well for an undrafted player and just being thrown into the mix of things in his first year.

Another season or two and he may very well be a solid player at the end of it all.

You guys remember some kid in the draft where a video surfaced of him smoking pot in a mask.... his stock dropped and Reese didnt make a move on him just like he did with Miles Jack... if anyone remembers who Id like to know if he panned out

Just googled it: Laremy Tunsil

No, he's been poor. Better than Flowers, but still poor. Could get better, he's a lankier guy, may just need more time to bulk up. But I've seen some head scratching things from him.

If you want a dark horse, there is the guy they just brought up from the practice squad, newly converted DT Mulhalik... Or.... Something.... At this point, we need someone to come out of nowhere.

No, he's been poor. Better than Flowers, but still poor. Could get better, he's a lankier guy, may just need more time to bulk up. But I've seen some head scratching things from him.

If you want a dark horse, there is the guy they just brought up from the practice squad, newly converted DT Mulhalik... Or.... Something.... At this point, we need someone to come out of nowhere.

I wouldn't say newly converted, he has been working on it for over a year I think. Dude is a Jonas Seawright.

I love Eli as much as anyone. I can't put my finger on it, it isn't just that there has been a lot of pressure, he's seen that....but to me, he looks different. Something is off, not exactly gun shy, but missing the open guy and bad decisions have become ordinary. He's consistently hitting the 3 yard slant but the open guys he doesn't even see.

Springsteen has a line in "Born in the USA"....."You end up like a dog that has been beat too much".

When you get hit, touched, or don't have a place to step 98% of the time you attempt to pass...for 3 ....4 ...seasons ...it has to fuck with your head....has too.

Brady / Brees has parts of games like that....Big Ben/Rodgers/Rivers have parts of seasons like that ....for the last several years....its every motherfucking series for Eli.

Now...whether it is he is immobile.....doesn't have the pocket moxie like a Brady ...or cant' stand in it like a Big Ben....or if they aren't giving it to him by rolling him out or giveing him 4 seconds protection on 3.7 second routes..... I don't know.

But at a certain point self preservation becomes a subconsciousness is a reflex...not a consciousness decision.

I am not calling him a pussy....he is far from that.....Cause pussies don't do this....

C/ Wagpmn

His entire post season in 2011 puts him in the tough sob hall of fame, in my view. If not Canton, he was that good that season.

Eli has nothing to prove.

Great but that was 2011... I had zero grey hair back then.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys remember some kid in the draft where a video surfaced of him smoking pot in a mask.... his stock dropped and Reese didnt make a move on him just like he did with Miles Jack... if anyone remembers who Id like to know if he panned out

Just googled it: Laremy Tunsil

Just saw him on the sideline in the game tonight. Looks like hes not a starter for them