SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

just watched the Leicester v West Ham ..........highly entertaining ......but the ref panicked and made a total mess of it. ( i do agree that Vardy had to go for the dive given that it was his second bookable offense ) ...but the rest was shambolic.

I hope Spurs dont win tonight ( but they are 1-0 up as i type )

yes ....Well done Man U in the FA Cup ( Rashford is some player ! ) Jose will be happy next season Boo.

I understand that it was a dive, but I would like to know if Hazard or Aguero would have been booked for that? I have a feeling a penalty would have been called.

Yeah that came on Espn last night and I watched the whole thing which wasn't the plan. It's amazing shit like that can happen. I remember watching the Heysel disaster and the Bradford City fire live on TV also. Just awful to watch.

It will suck if we lose to Leicester on Sunday because that's going to knock us out of 4th spot definite, but fair fucks to Leicester if they clinch.

I'll be okay if we win the FA cup and I think that Van Gaal will keep his job if we do.

Wigan back up to the championship, Blackpool dropping to division 2. A few years back, they both got relegated from the Premiership, lost in the playoffs to get promoted back and then both dropped a division. It's fucking amazing when you think about it.

Blackpool still has a small chance, as long as Fleetwood doesn't get a point today. Also Wimbledon is into the League 2 playoffs. Would be interesting if they win the playoff final and get to play MK Dons next season. I am putting my money on Portsmouth to go up though.

• 2 weeks later...

That fucking game has to be so tense. I hope it's on the TV next week. We have the Champs League Final next weekend. Then we've got Copa America the next week and the Euros soon after. We've got teams on tour in July and MLS is really kicking into gear. Red Bulls are my adopted team here and they had a huge 7-0 win today over NYC. This is going to be an awesome soccer summer.

Anyway, it's great to win the cup today, great to see the excitement back in the game and teams taking it a little more serious. We used to look forward to Cup Final day every year and today the fans were great, specially Palace, fair play to them. I thought we deserved it though. Great finish for the winner. Too bad 5 minutes after the whistle reports went out that Mourinho will be in this week. Fergie is going to be thrilled but honestly, I'd have given it to Giggs and surround him with some experience. It ends up Louis walks out with a trophy so fair fucks to him. He's had his success,I enjoyed the conferences. Wish it had been a bit different for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

QPR beat Leeds on 3-0 on Sunday. It was a pretty solid win. I think they are a piece or two away from a top 10 spot. They should be much improved from last year. Newcastle should go up, that is all I have.

My picks are Hull, Sunderland, and Swansea to go down. I think Chelsea will win the league with United, City, and Arsenal rounding out the top 4. I think Zlatan will have a monster year.

Yes you would have to say Newcastle and Norwich are favourites for automatic promotion . I see QPR on the fringes of playoffs ( perhaps 6th or 7th ).

I actually reckon that the Premiership title will be won by one of the Manchester teams. ( too close to call , but I would not be surprised if Jose has the magic touch at Old Trafford )

#pogback(but not for the opening game ) !

Liverpool 4th I reckon

( Hull , West Brom and Sunderland down )

Nothing is guaranteed, even with Raffa at the helm. They can easily implode. Speaking of imploding, Hull...

I definitely don't see Leicester repeating, but I am still interested in seeing how they will do, since the top clubs have all the top managers. That's my top 7 below. I think the league is going to be fun this year. I really don't know where to put Spurs.

Chelsea

United

City

Arsenal

Spurs

Liverpool

Leicester

I'm picking United now. It looks like there will be half a dozen guys gone before the end of the month, but I think we got a lot better. Pogba/Mitchtyaran(?) and Ibra are big pickups, big. Luke Shaw healthy is a big plus. The one I'm looking forward to is Bailly, I think this could be a huge pickup for us. DiGea is who he is. The issue to me is Rooney. He was poor in the Euro's and he was bad last Sunday

But if you think tactics were overused these last few years, expect it to be worse now. United will sit on leads more now. Pep looks like he's building up the defence and going for the wingers. Conte is about to build 2 walls at Chelsea. I think if you want good well played game this year, it's going to be Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and West Ham. The other 3 are building a base not to lose games.

As for going down, I see Watford, Swansea and definitely Hull.