SportsWrath

Strategy: Signing or Trader for Eli's Replacement

NeMesiS

And proceeds to loose his job and suck it up till he ride Wentz coat tail

I think its entirely possible that he struggled after initial success 5 years ago and continued to improve and develop into a good qb

I want foles. Hes 30 and ready made. The skill guys are in place. I dont want to waste any more Beckham and Barkley years gambling on a rookie in a weak qb class. I want to start winning next season

This is a very strong argument right here..

What's really the best way to go next year? I mean, I love Eli just as much as the next guy but I think it's time to move on. I'm still unsure about Foles, the Eagles have a hard decision to make next year.

Not a lot of OL talent in the top end of the draft or FA.

I can see them becoming middle of the road, instead of bottom of the trash heap, but not playoff worthy.

We got Hernandez in the 2nd round...

IOL-768x432.png

PFF has him graded as second best rookie Guard.... not sure that is exactly trash

He grades Hernandez according to the performance of the offensive line since we rarely get the cameras to focus on Will and how he does every snap.

Hernandez had a few bad missed assignments early, I think some of us got a bad initial impression and never came off it, but he's been really good for the most part. Especially since the bye week.

I think it was kind of a coincidence that the line got better when Jamon Brown joined the line up. Around the same time, Hernandez started to come on, and Solder really, really picked up his level of play.

I want foles. Hes 30 and ready made. The skill guys are in place. I dont want to waste any more Beckham and Barkley years gambling on a rookie in a weak qb class. I want to start winning next season

You guys need to remember that: 1. Foles is successful because he has a lot of weapons with the Eagles. 2. When asked last year after the SB win he didn't want a starting job and likely could have named his price if he wanted to start. 3. The only reason he's in Philly now, or even in the NFL is Andy Reid.

The Giants don't have 1, 2, or 3.

He grades Hernandez according to the performance of the offensive line since we rarely get the cameras to focus on Will and how he does every snap.

These guys seem to be pretty thorough with how they grade players...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pff-player-grades

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-how-we-grade-offensive-and-defensive-linemen

Hernandez had a few bad missed assignments early, I think some of us got a bad initial impression and never came off it, but he's been really good for the most part. Especially since the bye week.

I think it was kind of a coincidence that the line got better when Jamon Brown joined the line up. Around the same time, Hernandez started to come on, and Solder really, really picked up his level of play.

He was a rookie from a small college, performed exactly as I expected to be honest. He was going to struggle early and improve which he has. He has to continue to improve. Jamon Brown did significantly improve the performance of the right side of the line.

You guys need to remember that: 1. Foles is successful because he has a lot of weapons with the Eagles. 2. When asked last year after the SB win he didn't want a starting job and likely could have named his price if he wanted to start. 3. The only reason he's in Philly now, or even in the NFL is Andy Reid.

Outside of the OL, the Giants have far more talent on the offensive side of the ball than Philly.

1. You cant honestly believe that we dont have a lot of weapons.

2. Foles was on a five year contract last season and, even prior to the restructuring,couldnt get out of his deal until 2019. Hes not going to publicly talk about being a starter somewhere else when he cant leave the team.

3. Reid knows qbs and discovered him. He only played for him for two total years: rookie year in philly and as a backup in kc. He excelled under kelly before the team imploded in year 2 and now hes excelled with Peterson. The only guy he couldnt play well for was jeff fisher

:LMAO: You guys crack me up.

BG... seriously... name one position outside of the QB position and maybe the TE postion (I think Engram has come a long way) that you guys have better... shit.. our 2nd WR beats your first any day... our RB is a phenom... our 1WR is a super star... and even Eli can sling it... our problems on the O side boiled down to the OL... So I'm not sure where exactly we crack you up... you're asking for it buddy :05-mafia:

BG... seriously... name one position outside of the QB position and maybe the TE postion (I think Engram has come a long way) that you guys have better... shit.. our 2nd WR beats your first any day... our RB is a phenom... our 1WR is a super star... and even Eli can sling it... our problems on the O side boiled down to the OL... So I'm not sure where exactly we crack you up... you're asking for it buddy :05-mafia:

Barkley, Beckham and Engram is all you guys have. We have Ertz, Goddard, Tate, Aghlor, Jeffrey, Matthews, Ajayi, Sproles, Adams, Clements, etc... 3<10 where I come from.