SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin, Ernie Accorsi, Justin Tuck to be inducted into Giants Ring of Honor

Mr. P

It is a nice gesture by the team. I wonder if Tom Coughlin will coach again in the NFL? I think putting him in the ring retires him from coming back and coaching the Giants again, for the fans at least. He is a great coach and I'd hate to see the league retire him before he is ready, it would be disappointing to think that has already happened and Tom is the last to know.

That's a really interesting concept. On one hand, he knows how to build a winner and make a team competitive, and can definitely change the culture of a franchise. On the other, you'd have to think he'd be done after 4 or 5 years, and it's not like he's had a great coaching tree... who does he leave you with?

If I was, say... the Browns, it's a no-brainer. If the franchise has a history of winning I'm not so sure.

Coaching tree is crap that gives media people another filler story. Problem with the Cleveland Browns is ownership. Firing the front office and coaching staff every two years is not the foundation for a successful sports franchise.

Tom Coughlin is also the coach that gets your team into the playoffs and a super bowl win. Plenty of teams with the talent on the roster with coaches still coming up short.

Coaching tree is crap I agree... unless the goal is to leave with a coach and program in place. If TC was 50 it wouldn't be in the conversation, but he's only got 5 years tops left in the tank and it's not like a successful franchise is likely to hire him. I'd think if he's hired it's to build a program and change the culture as much as it is to win a championship.

That logic made more sense 20 years ago. Organizations are jumping on coordinators with two years of experience hoping to get lucky. I don't know if even Tom Coughlin knows how long he wants to coach for. He is still capable and 5 years is a very long time nowadays for a head coach in the NFL, the average is just over 3 years.

I think about the Bucs when they fired Dungy and hired Gruden. Gruden got them over the hump there.

JR has been a pretty pedestrian GM lately, but there's no denying that 2007 class helped the Giants immensely. Ross, Smith, Alford, Boss, Johnson, and Bradshaw all made huge contributions in the second half of the season, when Palmieri's stellar conditioning program had a third of our team injured as usual.

JR has his problems but that draft class was awesome.

JR has been a pretty pedestrian GM lately, but there's no denying that 2007 class helped the Giants immensely. Ross, Smith, Alford, Boss, Johnson, and Bradshaw all made huge contributions in the second half of the season, when Palmieri's stellar conditioning program had a third of our team injured as usual.

Core guys where EA

JR has his problems but that draft class was awesome.