SportsWrath

Detroit Tigers @ New York Yankees, ALDS Game 2

njsmalls

Wednesday, October 4

Yankee Stadium | 8:00 PM ET

Justin Verlander, RHP (0-0, -.--) @ Mike Mussina, RHP (0-0, -.--)

Tigers vs. Yankees

Scouting Report:

Verlander (17-9, 3.63 ERA) has been the X-factor in Detroit's rotation all year. Now, manager Jim Leyland is counting on the 23-year-old after skipping his last turn through the rotation to rest him for the playoffs. He struggled over his last three starts, exiting after five innings or less each time with what the Tigers believe was general fatigue, but he has pitched well against Oakland three times already this season.

Mussina (15-7, 3.51) was the Yankees' hottest pitcher during the first four months of the season, opening the year 13-3. A minor groin injury derailed his quest for a 20-win season, but now he takes the mound looking to take the first step toward the first World Series ring of his career. Mussina, who went 8-2 with a 3.30 ERA in 15 starts at home this year, is 7-7 in his postseason career with a 3.30 ERA. In nine ALDS starts, Mussina is 4-3 with a 3.38 ERA.

Well the rain ended here a half hour ago and lasted for about 2 hours. Heavy rain with spotty lightening. Not horrible though. Just a cold front moving in. I see a 2-3 hour rain delay and then game on. It is not heavy enough to screw up the playing surface. See you guys in 3 hours.

huh???

I live in Queens. I'm not too far from the Bronx and there is no rain here. :unsure:

YANKEE TACTICS!!!! THEY ARE DUMPING WATER ON THE FIELD TO MAKE IT SLIPPERY FOR THE TIGERS!!!

Oh. The guy who looks like John Maine on ESPN just explained it all. They are waiting for the rain to come. It's on it's way with Joe Morgan.

Work is definitely gonna suck tomorrow morning!!! :brooding: :brooding:

Gonna suck even more if they delay it. Thats why I'm counting on calling in sick.

Though I read on Wheather.com at 10pm it's a 20% chance, then goes to 30% isolated showers till 1 am.

huh???

I live in Queens. I'm not too far from the Bronx and there is no rain here. :unsure:

YANKEE TACTICS!!!! THEY ARE DUMPING WATER ON THE FIELD TO MAKE IT SLIPPERY FOR THE TIGERS!!!

Earth is on our $200 Million dollar payroll. :clap:

There's another batch coming in an hour or two after this one ends, and it looks like it may be stronger. Good luck with this one fellas.

yes that is what happend today. Showers for 30 minutes then a longer stint of rain.

yes that is what happend today. Showers for 30 minutes then a longer stint of rain.

Jesus is this Florida or New York? :brooding:

There's been more rain outs in New York than with the Marlins in the Hurricane State.

That sucks to have tickets for tonight and then the rescheduled game is the next afternoon. i know you can get a refund but shit, you wanna go to the game and now most people can't. There should be a chance to get some tickets tomorrow.