SportsWrath

The Joey 4 Rings is a moron thread

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Let's see! Last night, Damon plays shallow and Wright hits one over his head for a game winner. Today, Damon plays shallow and Wright hits an RBI double. Yeah, I know they play him shallow because of his arm, but he can't throw a runner out at home anyway, maybe not even from 2nd base. Is this Mazzilli or Joey 4 rings?

Let's see! Last night, Damon plays shallow and Wright hits one over his head for a game winner. Today, Damon plays shallow and Wright hits an RBI double. Yeah, I know they play him shallow because of his arm, but he can't throw a runner out at home anyway, maybe not even from 2nd base. Is this Mazzilli or Joey 4 rings?

He was playing shallow last night because thats what you do when theres a runner in scoring position with the game on the line, in all leagues its just like the infield playing IN, its to save a run from scoring....

He was playing shallow last night because thats what you do when theres a runner in scoring position with the game on the line, in all leagues its just like the infield playing IN, its to save a run from scoring....

No, that's not what I do. It's what Mazzilli and Torre does. Then they don't learn the first day, they have to go out and get burned again. The Yankees started playing Bernie shallow a couple of years ago to make up for his weak arm, and I thought that was pure BS then.

Looks like Willie is taking after Torre. Up by four brings in Wagner. Now we're going to lose our lead and our closer for tomorrow.

Perfect.

Yeah, I was surprised to see Wags come in, too. And then he throws nothing but fast balls when he made the Yankees look sick on sliders the night before. Hey, we gave you one Friday, and you give it back yesterday.

No, that's not what I do. It's what Mazzilli and Torre does. Then they don't learn the first day, they have to go out and get burned again. The Yankees started playing Bernie shallow a couple of years ago to make up for his weak arm, and I thought that was pure BS then.

No its what you do to keep a run from scoring, because if its over your head then you have no cahnce to get the runner out but if its just a single theres a slight chance even with a weak arm like johnny!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job handing the red sox a win last night Joey. How fucking stupid is this guy. First of all, Wright should have been pulled the second he walked Manny to lead off the 6th. His pitch count was high and he showed that he had was losing it in the 5th inning. Then, after he allows Wright to load the bases with no outs(already allowing one run in), he brings in Proctor a guy with a knack for blowing tight games...especially tight games against the red sox. Guess what he did? After giving up a sac fly to tie the game(I cut him slack on that one, he did come in with the bases juiced and no out), he gives up a double to the worst hitter in baseball not named Tony Womack or Juan Pierre.

Just when you think Joey 4 Rings couldnt fuck this game up any more, guess what he does? He has Proctor start the next inning with Big Sloppy leading off and Trot "my manager benches me when we face a left handed pitcher because I cant hit lefties at all" Nixon due up 2 batters later. Now Joe, I know that you dont want to burn Mike Meyers out, I mean he is on pace to pitch an unheard of 29 inning this season. But what the fuck? Didnt we get him to get out lefties? And with 2 of the first three batters being lefties youd think he would have started the inning. But no, Torre leaves in Proctor who give up 3 run jack. Keep in mind the game was only 4-3 before that. Now with the game 7-3(still not too far out of reach), he brings in Scott Erickson...thats right..SCOTT FUCKING ERICKSON. Guess what he did? Promptly got shelled for 2 more runs. At that point the game is out of reach. Thanks Joe. Poor Ron Villone, he doesnt get rocked nearly enough for Joey 4 Rings to use him.

Nice job handing the red sox a win last night Joey. How fucking stupid is this guy. First of all, Wright should have been pulled the second he walked Manny to lead off the 6th. His pitch count was high and he showed that he had was losing it in the 5th inning. Then, after he allows Wright to load the bases with no outs(already allowing one run in), he brings in Proctor a guy with a knack for blowing tight games...especially tight games against the red sox. Guess what he did? After giving up a sac fly to tie the game(I cut him slack on that one, he did come in with the bases juiced and no out), he gives up a double to the worst hitter in baseball not named Tony Womack or Juan Pierre.

Just when you think Joey 4 Rings couldnt fuck this game up any more, guess what he does? He has Proctor start the next inning with Big Sloppy leading off and Trot "my manager benches me when we face a left handed pitcher because I cant hit lefties at all" Nixon due up 2 batters later. Now Joe, I know that you dont want to burn Mike Meyers out, I mean he is on pace to pitch an unheard of 29 inning this season. But what the fuck? Didnt we get him to get out lefties? And with 2 of the first three batters being lefties youd think he would have started the inning. But no, Torre leaves in Proctor who give up 3 run jack. Keep in mind the game was only 4-3 before that. Now with the game 7-3(still not too far out of reach), he brings in Scott Erickson...thats right..SCOTT FUCKING ERICKSON. Guess what he did? Promptly got shelled for 2 more runs. At that point the game is out of reach. Thanks Joe. Poor Ron Villone, he doesnt get rocked nearly enough for Joey 4 Rings to use him.

The walk to Manny was on his 81st pitch, which isn't such a high pitch count that you'd think about pulling a guy who'd given up one run. At this point in the season, you've gotta find out if your starters have what it takes to go deep into games. If you're afraid to stick with Wright because he's thrown 80 pitches in a June game, you might as well take him out of the rotation. Gonzalez double was hit hard, but AGirl did a pretty nice wave at it on the way by, too (it was originally ruled an error). Mike Lowell would've had it. Granted, Proctor has had his troubles lately, but there'ds not much of an alternative. As for Erickson, you've gotta bring in the bottom of the barrell of your bullpen in that situation and hope they can keep it together. As it turned out, Torre made a great move because the Yankees never scored another run, so he got a couple of outs out of a dead body. There's no use wasting good arms when you're down 4 runs in the 7th.

You really have to stop looking so hard for reasons to criticize Torre. The guy may not be the greatest manager of all time, but he's certainly been a very good one for the Yanks. I mean, Francona is not as good a manager as Torre, but I consider us lucky when I think about what's out there.

The walk to Manny was on his 81st pitch, which isn't such a high pitch count that you'd think about pulling a guy who'd given up one run. At this point in the season, you've gotta find out if your starters have what it takes to go deep into games. If you're afraid to stick with Wright because he's thrown 80 pitches in a June game, you might as well take him out of the rotation. Gonzalez double was hit hard, but AGirl did a pretty nice wave at it on the way by, too (it was originally ruled an error). Mike Lowell would've had it. Granted, Proctor has had his troubles lately, but there'ds not much of an alternative. As for Erickson, you've gotta bring in the bottom of the barrell of your bullpen in that situation and hope they can keep it together. As it turned out, Torre made a great move because the Yankees never scored another run, so he got a couple of outs out of a dead body. There's no use wasting good arms when you're down 4 runs in the 7th.

You really have to stop looking so hard for reasons to criticize Torre. The guy may not be the greatest manager of all time, but he's certainly been a very good one for the Yanks. I mean, Francona is not as good a manager as Torre, but I consider us lucky when I think about what's out there.

So, now it's Agirl? <_<

I thought Wright became flustered and began to labor, so he needed to be taken out. He and Posada went with his fastball too much instead of mixing up like he'd been doing earlier.

My problem with Joey is he doesn't spread the innings out among his bullpen. If a guy's doing good, he overuses him, and someone who hasn't been sharp, doesn't get enough innings in to get sharp. Except for Sturtze, of course, who was used five times too often.

So, now it's Agirl? <_<

He is when he waves at balls like he did on that one. Even my Little Leaguers know you've gotta knock it down. I know it was hard it, but he didn't give it everything he had on that one.

I thought Wright became flustered and began to labor, so he needed to be taken out. He and Posada went with his fastball too much instead of mixing up like he'd been doing earlier.

My problem with Joey is he doesn't spread the innings out among his bullpen. If a guy's doing good, he overuses him, and someone who hasn't been sharp, doesn't get enough innings in to get sharp. Except for Sturtze, of course, who was used five times too often.

If Wright's geting flustered now, what's he gonna do in Sept. in Fenway? He's gotta work out of it there for the good of the team. Obviously, the alternative wasn't any good, either.

I will agree with you about Torre not spreading out the bullpen work (Farnsworth has already pitched in half of their games), but I think that's pretty common now across baseball due to the fact that it's so hard to find relievers who can get outs.

Look on the bright side- you will get Dotel soon (I think), which is probably why Torre has been using Farnsworth so much so far.

81 pitches when youre Jaret Wright and struggled the inning before is a red flag. As for the rest of your post, Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take it as a joke. You cant possibly mean any of that

81 pitches when youre Jaret Wright and struggled the inning before is a red flag. As for the rest of your post, Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and take it as a joke. You cant possibly mean any of that

Hmmm...maybe if you actually addressed the points I made, I might know what it is you don't agree with. You guys simultaneously whine about Torre sticking with the same 2 guys all the time out of the bullpen, then want him to bring in those same guys when they're down 4 in the 7th. Any pedestrian baseball fan knows it's a marathon and you have to stretch out the innings over your entire bullpen as much as possible. As foir AGirl, he did wave at that ball, Lowell would have had it, and again, only a moron would pull his starter in the 6th after 81 pitches and 1 run.

• 1 month later...
Didn't want to let this thread sink too far, since Torre is such a moron for keeping this team afloat when they had no business being competetive this year.

BTW, I can see what november will be like already.

If they fail to win it all, he'll be run out of town.

If the Yanks win it all, most of the people bitching about him will be all over his jock, all but some of the ones with too much pride to admit they are wrong, they'll still give the credit to someone else and say how orre almost cost them the series, only then they'll be calling him Joey 5 rings. :doh:

Joey is doing a good job, but he has still blown alot of games and is still a horrible manager. Put Joey on team that dont have the talent the Yankees have and we'll see what he can do....Oh wait, he did and he was horrible.

"But Straight Knowlege Receiver, look at all the injuries the Yanks have had and how he had to do without"

Derek Jeter, ALex Rodriguez, Jorge Posada, John Damon, Jason Giambi, Mike Mussina, Randy Johsnon, Mariano Rivera with a bunch of fill ins is still better than most teams.

New one: Why the hell did we bring up Veras if we're not going to use him? A few days ago, 4 Rings brought him in. He immediately walked a batter and threw a couple of balls to another. He got the out, but 4 Rings pulled him, and I haven't seen him since.

Obvious call. Fasano doubles in two runs, nobody out, and a right hander pitching. Why doesn't Cano pinch hit for Green? One of the worst moves Torre didn't make all year.

He allways does that crap. Thumb through this thread, and you'll see.

(wow, tounge twister...thumb through this thread.. :) )

I like Torre and think he is a very good manager, but what he is doing to Villone is terrible overuse. He's using him nearly every day whether you are winning or losing and it's always over an inning.

And outside of Mo, he's your best reliever. You guys don't have a day off for a little less than 3 weeks and he is burning out your best setup man.