SportsWrath

Yanks buy another championship

mastershake

Manny and Damon were stars who were major contributors to the Sox championships. They were run out of town. Hell, Veritek (Captain) who also was a major contributor to those championships was shown the door unless he would play for half price.

Boggs was getting long in the tooth, but he was a fine player for the Yanks afterwards and won himself a ring. Clemens won a Cy Young award and a couple of rings after getting the boot from the Sox.

It's just normal for teams to NOT reward their heroes when contract time comes around. My point was that the Yankees are the one team that actually ponies up the cash and keeps them.

Ellsbury was in for Damon and Manny just needed to go. Loyalty doesn't exist in sports anymore.

Guest StrahansGap

By the way, where's McKeef been hiding? Has he buried his head in the sand or something? He'll probably hop on over again when the Yankees smoke has cleared away right?

Come on Blu, I know you hate the yankees, but youre smarter than to buy into that article.

You mean those figures are false? phew, thanks because if those were true and you guys spent A BILLION DOLLARS more than any other team in this decade, i was gonna say you should have more to show for it.

By the way, where's McKeef been hiding? Has he buried his head in the sand or something? He'll probably hop on over again when the Yankees smoke has cleared away right?

He probably cant sit in front of his PC because the "missus" has been bangin him up the choco hole.

500 million dollar offseason payroll well spent. congrats!

LOL. This kind of whining is music to my Yankee fan ears. Please continue. Bitter Payroll whining means the Yankees are champions again.

P.S. I sure hope you were equally as whiny with the Red Sox in 2004 and 2007. I don't like the thought of someone who isn't fair in their bitching and whining.

HOLY SHIT!

In 2002, the Yankees spent $17 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2003, the Yankees spent $35 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2004, the Yankees spent $57 million more in payroll than any other team. I mean, it's ridiculous from the start but this is pure absurdity. Basically, this is like the Yankees saying: "OK, let's spend exactly as much as the second-highest payroll in baseball. OK, we're spending exactly as much. And now ... let's add the Oakland A's. No, I mean let's add their whole team, the whole payroll, add it on top and let's play some ball!"

In 2005, the Yankees spent $85 million more than any other team. Not a misprint. Eight five.

In 2006, the Yankees spent $74 million more than any other team.

In 2007, the Yankees spent $40 million more than any other team -- cutbacks, you know.

In 2008, the Yankees spent $72 million more than any other team.

In 2009, the Yankees spent $52 million more than any other team.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/joe_posnanski/11/05/yankees.payroll/index.html#ixzz0W7DjJ8EK

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Perhaps if the Giants don't waste all that money on Zito, they could have gotten some decent players to help them at least make the playoffs.

Seems like you should direct your bitterness towards your favorite team's ownership and their inability to make smart decisions with thier money. Yankee fans can relate. Nobody had a problem when they'd spend poorly and lose. Suddenly they invest wisely and the Payroll issue is a huge concern again. I love it.

Mickeef has been MIA ever since his assertion that Arod and all the Yankees were cheaters and noone on his beloved Red Sox teams ever had the passing thought of using steroids. Of course the unfortunate Manny and Ortiz revelations were made and Mickeef did a magic disappearing act.

After the Arod admission, this baseball year for him went south pretty quickly. One can almost understand him running away like a coward. Of course if I had no balls, I would have done the same myself. Fortunately I do and therefore not running away has made watching arod come up clutch time and time again and bring home #27 all the sweeter.

Perhaps if the Giants don't waste all that money on Zito, they could have gotten some decent players to help them at least make the playoffs.

Seems like you should direct your bitterness towards your favorite team's ownership and their inability to make smart decisions with thier money. Yankee fans can relate. Nobody had a problem when they'd spend poorly and lose. Suddenly they invest wisely and the Payroll issue is a huge concern again. I love it.

I'm not bitter, intentional groundout. And getting over mistakes like Zito are a lot easier when you have unlimited funds and can rip a city off to build your new stadium. The payroll issue is a big concern and it's ruining baseball. I've said it even in the years when the Yanks have blown it.

I'm not bitter, intentional groundout. And getting over mistakes like Zito are a lot easier when you have unlimited funds and can rip a city off to build your new stadium. The payroll issue is a big concern and it's ruining baseball. I've said it even in the years when the Yanks have blown it.

HAHAHAHA....glad to see you are taking the high road and avoiding the bitterness. Things like name calling and saying the "years when the Yanks have blown it" don't reek of bitterness whatsoever!! :LMAO:

As long as we are living in the land of denial, allow me to congratulate you on Zito turning into a 20 game winning stud and bringing home the championship next year for San Fransisco. :jerkoff:

HAHAHAHA....glad to see you are taking the high road and avoiding the bitterness. Things like name calling and saying the "years when the Yanks have blown it" don't reek of bitterness whatsoever!! :LMAO:

As long as we are living in the land of denial, allow me to congratulate you on Zito turning into a 20 game winning stud and bringing home the championship next year for San Fransisco. :jerkoff:

that's right, they've blown it- with that payroll, should be a lock every year.

and last year they got bitch slapped all season by tampa bay. embarrassing.

sounds like you got a hard on for zito, why don't you twitter him?

that's right, they've blown it- with that payroll, should be a lock every year.

and last year they got bitch slapped all season by tampa bay. embarrassing.

sounds like you got a hard on for zito, why don't you twitter him?

How is it possible?!?!?! I thought it wasn't fair and the Yankees always win??!!? They don't?!?!?! Then what excuse is there now for the SF Giants sucking?

I get a hard on for bitter payroll whining. Please continue.

How is it possible?!?!?! I thought it wasn't fair and the Yankees always win??!!? They don't?!?!?! Then what excuse is there now for the SF Giants sucking?

I get a hard on for bitter payroll whining. Please continue.

admit it, last time you had a hard on, you thought it was a tumor.

if this guy knew anything about baseball, he'd pick on the giants hitting which sucks- not the pitching which is far superior to the yankees at a fraction of the cost.

. at least hugh gives intelligent arguments. if you have anything intelligent to say, wake me up. :yawn:

admit it, last time you had a hard on, you thought it was a tumor.

if this guy knew anything about baseball, he'd pick on the giants hitting which sucks- not the pitching which is far superior to the yankees at a fraction of the cost.

. at least hugh gives intelligent arguments. if you have anything intelligent to say, wake me up. :yawn:

Ahh the tired "you have nothing to say so I'm done with you" tactic.. You dismiss the Zito argument but if you knew anything about baseball you might realize that perhaps they could have afforded some decent hitting had they not blown it on a washed up Zito. Making stupid decisions with the money you have doesn't lead to championship teams. Little Lesson for you there. Now run away like mickeef did.

Yankees are the champions of baseball!!! Keep hating!! :laugh:

Let's have an intelligent SF Giants discussion. Do you think Timmy smoked pot to cope with the fact that he is a member of the San Fransisco Giants? Discuss.

Ahh the tired "you have nothing to say so I'm done with you" tactic.. Now run away like mickeef did.

Yankees are the champions of baseball!!! Keep hating!! :laugh:

maybe everyone uses that line with you because you really have nothing to say. cheer up, at least you got the yankees.

maybe everyone uses that line with you because you really have nothing to say. cheer up, at least you got the yankees.

I don't hear that line too often actually. I only hear it every now and then when I come across a sad man like yourself with no ability to rationalize his bitterness.

SF Giants in 2010!!

:yawn:

#27 baby. Good times. :laugh:

Perhaps with the Giants ability to put together a pitching staff far superior to the Yankees at a fraction of the cost, they should apply the same logic when putting together a batting lineup. Then the Giants would win every year and the bitter whining would go away!!

Phillies won last year. Angels, Marlins, and White Sox have all won in this very decade. Surely the Giants have a chance. Nah, that would mean you have to hold your team accountable for poor decisions. Too bad.

You can't maintain both arguments. Either the Yankees are ruining baseball becaue they outspend and win it every year or it's funny that although they outspend, they don't win as much as they should. There seems to be no correlation between spendig a lot and winning a championship. If you simply want to irrationally hate the Yankees, that's your perogative but you can't act like a hooligan and have anyone else respect your logic or opinion.

If anything, the way the wild card is set up is ruining baseball because the wild card leader can rest guys that help them win in the first playoff round rather than have to chase the division.

The payroll issue is a player association issue, not a Yankee one. Baseball is the most capitalist institution we have, isn't it American for the highest bidder to win? Baseball is exempt from the anti-trust laws because it's so very American.

You can't maintain both arguments. Either the Yankees are ruining baseball becaue they outspend and win it every year or it's funny that although they outspend, they don't win as much as they should. There seems to be no correlation between spendig a lot and winning a championship. If you simply want to irrationally hate the Yankees, that's your perogative but you can't act like a hooligan and have anyone else respect your logic or opinion.

If anything, the way the wild card is set up is ruining baseball because the wild card leader can rest guys that help them win in the first playoff round rather than have to chase the division.

The payroll issue is a player association issue, not a Yankee one. Baseball is the most capitalist institution we have, isn't it American for the highest bidder to win? Baseball is exempt from the anti-trust laws because it's so very American.

Thank you for the intelligent rationale. it's a welcome change. I think 2 things can equally be true. George, Boras and Marvin miller have conspired to ruin baseball. it's also comforting to know that even when they grab the best players, the yankees don't win every year. i know that and i congratulate the yankees on their win. their hitters are so beyond any other lineup in skill level and they are a joy to watch (and annoying as hell)

anyone who is a fan of baseball should be thrilled to watch those guys.

some guys here took the offensive and posted inaccuracies that i tried to correct, the rest was all posturing and jibber jab.

Thank you for the intelligent rationale. it's a welcome change. I think 2 things can equally be true. George, Boras and Marvin miller have conspired to ruin baseball. it's also comforting to know that even when they grab the best players, the yankees don't win every year. i know that and i congratulate the yankees on their win. their hitters are so beyond any other lineup in skill level and they are a joy to watch (and annoying as hell)

some guys here took the offensive and posted inaccuracies that i tried to correct, the rest was all posturing and jibber jab.

:yawn:

So now the yankees are a joy to watch?! You've outdone yourself. Congrats.

Baseball is a greedy corporation. They say that this baseball playoffs and the NFL season are hugely watched because everyone's broke and staying home. Plus, the Yankees in the WS after last years snoozer. That was one of the lowest rated WS in recent memory. Tanpa? Cmon.

The Yankees dont win every year because the payroll has to be spent well, not just spent. With all that money spent, they still had a gimpy outfield and only 3 starters!!!!! People should be happy that the money doesnt correlate with winning or the Yankees would have 55 rings. Besides, there needs to be a floor as well as a ceiling on spending. Some of the clubs are run on the cheap.

This was a well matched world series, filled with chills and spills. The Yankees may have even gotten lucky getting past the Angels. The wild card "cardiac" round is designed to allow any team to win because baseball is a game of averages and the Yankees are designed for long distances. That's why they havent made it to the WS more in the last decade. If I were the Yankees, Id be angry as hell at MLB for wasting their money. People love to roo for or hate on the Yankees. Can the same be said for the majority of the other teams?

God knows what sleazy little deals and accounting tricks got deployed to get that new Yankee stadium built but whatever, baseball is a reflection of the state of the nation not the reverse.

Baseball is a greedy corporation. They say that this baseball playoffs and the NFL season are hugely watched because everyone's broke and staying home. Plus, the Yankees in the WS after last years snoozer. That was one of the lowest rated WS in recent memory. Tanpa? Cmon.

The Yankees dont win every year because the payroll has to be spent well, not just spent. With all that money spent, they still had a gimpy outfield and only 3 starters!!!!! People should be happy that the money doesnt correlate with winning or the Yankees would have 55 rings. Besides, there needs to be a floor as well as a ceiling on spending. Some of the clubs are run on the cheap.

This was a well matched world series, filled with chills and spills. The Yankees may have even gotten lucky getting past the Angels. The wild card "cardiac" round is designed to allow any team to win because baseball is a game of averages and the Yankees are designed for long distances. That's why they havent made it to the WS more in the last decade. If I were the Yankees, Id be angry as hell at MLB for wasting their money. People love to roo for or hate on the Yankees. Can the same be said for the majority of the other teams?

God knows what sleazy little deals and accounting tricks got deployed to get that new Yankee stadium built but whatever, baseball is a reflection of the state of the nation not the reverse.

do you really think that grabbing the top 3 free agents, (all instrumental to the season and post season) is all that wise? i mean any gm in the league would say get me those guys and we got a chance, no? it just so happened that those were the pieces they were missing so they went and got them- at 500mill and no one else could do that.