SportsWrath

ARod a Steroid Abuser

mickeef2

I notice there's no mention of George Mitchell leaking A Rod's name. Good to see you finally decided to read up on the story. That should help keep you from looking like a retard when you're talking about it.

well you know what they say right?

Thanks for clearing up what shouldn't have to be cleared up, blu.

Maybe it's the fact nobody takes you serious or listens to what you have to say? Just an observation. Maybe you should hang out with some Boston fans that give a damn for once.

Guest StrahansGap
who the fuck cares

Took the words right out of my mouth! It's not like A-Rod won a ring with the help of steroids, right? He's a fucking fraud and will always be one...steroids or not! Mickeef, I saw one of your posts about this being the year where fans start drifting away from baseball. I couldn't agree with you more except for the fact that I think it began a year or 2 ago. I'm sure you have noticed, but I've been ragging on MLB for the past couple of seasons or so. I think ALL the players are overpaid and I think the fans are the ones getting fucked year in and year out. I heard that season ticket holders for various MLB teams are given a season supply of KY Jelly to grease up their anuses before each game because they are ALL getting fucked. Forget about taking my family to a Yankee game this year. I would rather save the money towards a new HDTV flat screen and watch it at home.....if, of course, I'm up to it! :TD:

Took the words right out of my mouth! It's not like A-Rod won a ring with the help of steroids, right? He's a fucking fraud and will always be one...steroids or not! Mickeef, I saw one of your posts about this being the year where fans start drifting away from baseball. I couldn't agree with you more except for the fact that I think it began a year or 2 ago. I'm sure you have noticed, but I've been ragging on MLB for the past couple of seasons or so. I think ALL the players are overpaid and I think the fans are the ones getting fucked year in and year out. I heard that season ticket holders for various MLB teams are given a season supply of KY Jelly to grease up their anuses before each game because they are ALL getting fucked. Forget about taking my family to a Yankee game this year. I would rather save the money towards a new HDTV flat screen and watch it at home.....if, of course, I'm up to it! :TD:

I'm with you. I used to go to about 8-10 games a year, but have gone to none the past 2 seasons. It's too expensive, and as much as I really want to see the Mets' new stadium, I don't think I will be going. At least not this year.

He fessed up, but then says he didn't know what he put into his body. :rolleyes: Come on, A-Rod.

I am not condoning what he did, and it is weak that he won't just say what he did, but you have to admit it is far better that he comes out and confesses that he did do something wrong than take the Bonds/Clemens approach. There is no doubt that his entire career will now be in question, but there is something to be said for at least admitting to the public that they are right to view him differently.

When you look at Bonds and Clemens you see egotistical punks who felt they were above the law and their achievements justified what they did. To see a player who still wants to make a career fess up and admit to his failure, even if he did so after being caught, that has to give the guy some slack, even just a tiny bit.

And again while it in no way justifies what he did you have to agree with him to some degree that when he was juicing it was the prevalent attitude that existed in MLB at the time.

I am not condoning what he did, and it is weak that he won't just say what he did, but you have to admit it is far better that he comes out and confesses that he did do something wrong than take the Bonds/Clemens approach. There is no doubt that his entire career will now be in question, but there is something to be said for at least admitting to the public that they are right to view him differently.

When you look at Bonds and Clemens you see egotistical punks who felt they were above the law and their achievements justified what they did. To see a player who still wants to make a career fess up and admit to his failure, even if he did so after being caught, that has to give the guy some slack, even just a tiny bit.

And again while it in no way justifies what he did you have to agree with him to some degree that when he was juicing it was the prevalent attitude that existed in MLB at the time.

a little different scenarios, lubeck. clemens and bonds were under oath and in bonds case facing criminal charges. arod has no such obstacle. even so, his chat with gammons was, as you say egotistical. saying something like " i was a stupid idiot, i'm sure the yasnkee fans can relate to that."

:LMAO:

Not trying to stoke the fires here, but I can't give him too much credit for what he said today. A Rod, like basically everybody else who has been caught, admitted to what he had to admit to. Since nobody had any physical evidence on Bonds, he could always deny it and nobody could prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. With Clemens, again, it was a shady character's word vs. his, so he felt like he at least had a little wiggle room (until the guy came up with a beer can full of dirty syringes). I guess you could maybe say Giambi was the most forthcoming, but even he didn't really admit to doing anything specific. With A Rod, though, they've got his name on a positive test result administered by MLB. That's the smoking gun if ever there was one. He's only admitting to something that everyone already knows is true. He didn't admit this last year, he admitted it today, after he'd been confronted with the information and had two days to work out a statement with his people.

What I really like is how he claims he did it because he felt a lot of pressure after signing with the Rangers. Think he's felt any pressure to perform in the last 5 years with the Yankees? Wonder how he dealt with it.

Not trying to stoke the fires here, but I can't give him too much credit for what he said today. A Rod, like basically everybody else who has been caught, admitted to what he had to admit to. Since nobody had any physical evidence on Bonds, he could always deny it and nobody could prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. With Clemens, again, it was a shady character's word vs. his, so he felt like he at least had a little wiggle room (until the guy came up with a beer can full of dirty syringes). I guess you could maybe say Giambi was the most forthcoming, but even he didn't really admit to doing anything specific. With A Rod, though, they've got his name on a positive test result administered by MLB. That's the smoking gun if ever there was one. He's only admitting to something that everyone already knows is true. He didn't admit this last year, he admitted it today, after he'd been confronted with the information and had two days to work out a statement with his people.

What I really like is how he claims he did it because he felt a lot of pressure after signing with the Rangers. Think he's felt any pressure to perform in the last 5 years with the Yankees? Wonder how he dealt with it.

well it's also very hot in texas.

If he failed multiple times under their new testing policies shouldn't something have come out yet? Since his name was the first leaked, wouldn't everyone be in a rush to leak a much more recent failed test of his?

Personally, after some of the shit I have heard on this board, combined with my hatred for Arod, I think it's hilarious this keeps happening to the Yanks.

But, I have stated numerous times I don't care if every player in the league takes roids, it doesn't diminish the game for me one iota, and I think the false outrage that always shows up when someone's name is released is laughable since in all likelihood roids have been a part of the game since at least the 70's, and amphetamines, have been in the game for generations.