SportsWrath

ARod a Steroid Abuser

mickeef2

Am I shocked? No.

Am I sad? Yes.

No matter if you love or hate Arod, this is a catastrophic day for baseball. This just proves that every single one of these superstar power hitters was juicing. Arod was supposed to be the guy who was working out 3 hours a day, busting his ass the natural way and consistently hitting well over his career.

Now what? You have to seriously look at every guy who has any suspicion and say he's been juicing. Howard, Ortiz, Pujols, Fielder. They were all juicing. Any guy who came close to 50 homers was on roids in my opinion. Even guys who were in the 40's have to be questioned.

And now would be a good time for Arod to turn the corner on his reputation. It's time to start being honest and come clean. He needs to stop being fake and arrogant. It's time to come back to reality. You're caught -- apologize, admit to it, call it a mistake and move on.

And that is what I hate about all this. Every player who accomplishes something great will be looked at suspiciously. I really never thought A-Rod was juicing, although I'm not surprised, and actually wanted him to break Bonds' record so it wouldn't be tainted.

Am I shocked? No.

Am I sad? Yes.

No matter if you love or hate Arod, this is a catastrophic day for baseball. This just proves that every single one of these superstar power hitters was juicing.

How is it that when Bonds got caught, he was a cheater, but now that A Rod got caught, everybody's a cheater? I'm still going to judge these guys on an individual basis, thanks.

Arod was supposed to be the guy who was working out 3 hours a day, busting his ass the natural way and consistently hitting well over his career.

Not according to the Rangers' trainer at the time, who said he noticed changes in A Rod's body that were not consistent with the effort he was putting in in the weight room.

Now what? You have to seriously look at every guy who has any suspicion and say he's been juicing. Howard, Ortiz, Pujols, Fielder. They were all juicing. Any guy who came close to 50 homers was on roids in my opinion. Even guys who were in the 40's have to be questioned.

And now would be a good time for Arod to turn the corner on his reputation. It's time to start being honest and come clean. He needs to stop being fake and arrogant. It's time to come back to reality. You're caught -- apologize, admit to it, call it a mistake and move on.

I would agree here to an extent. I've long suspected Ortiz, I think Pujols is a given (but that's just my opinion), but I wouldn't be so quick to suspect a guy like Manny. From all accounts, the guy works harder than anybody else no matter what team he's on, so I'd have to see some proof before I convict him.

As for A Rod turning it around, good luck.

Good for A-Rod, now people can hate him more and it will get to his fragile psyche even more. I'd like one Red Sox player to be named. But, every single player for them is totally clean.

Are you taking your ball and going home now?

What bothers me more than who did what is the conspiracy between MLB, the MLBPA, and baseball as a whole. On the MLB Network, Selig bashed the Player's Union about warning plauers ahead of time and tried to blame everything on them. Of course it was industry wide...I wonder which agents pushed steroids. Boras?

It was always cheating. Just because the morons who made the rules didn't call it illegal, doesn't mean it's not cheating. Body builders in your local YMCA who do it are cheating. I'm pretty sure A-Rod wasn't openly getting shot up in the clubhouse because "everyone is doing it and it's not considered cheating".

This thing goes way beyond A-Rod. Too many people turned a blind eye and let this get out of control, because everyone was getting rich, and baseball was booming. I'm just disagreeing with those who want to give A-Rod a pass. When the so called best player in the game gets busted for performance enhancement, it's a big deal.

Every time some cheater gets outed, I have more respect for guys like Jeter. If he ever gets named, I might shoot myself.

Well, 114 others werent named. I wouldnt be shocked if Jeter has tried it once.

114 others would need to be penalized as well if they are going to take action on Arod. This singling out shit is nonsense.

114 others would need to be penalized as well if they are going to take action on Arod. This singling out shit is nonsense.

Maybe George Mitchell will release the rest of the names. :lol: It helps to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth, retard. That's why guys at work want to kick your ass and you end up looking like a big pussy.

Maybe George Mitchell will release the rest of the names. :lol: It helps to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth, retard. That's why guys at work want to kick your ass and you end up looking like a big pussy.

You're an idiot.

Every time some cheater gets outed, I have more respect for guys like Jeter. If he ever gets named, I might shoot myself.

Fucking right man. Maybe that's why the rest of the league thinks he's overrated, because he's NOT juicing and yet, still getting all kinds of attention and playing great.

Just because he's not the only one to have ever done it, doesn't give A-Rod a pass. If this is true, then he's a cheater, and will forever be tainted like McGwire, Bonds etc... The guy is the highest paid player ever, and fans are the ones who pay for it. Shame on him if it's true.

You can't bring up bats, tightly wound balls etc., because in that aspect, it's a level playing field. Every pitcher uses the same ball. Every hitter has access to the same bats. Cheating is cheating, and one guy doesn't get a pass because he's not the only cheater.

My son associates every great baseball feat with steroids now, because that's all he sees on TV or hears on the radio. This whole era sucks!

That is an interesting sentence.

That's debatable. There's no doubt, though, that you're a pussy, because you were stupid enough to admit it to everyone.

you're right I'm a pussy on the job but guess what, I still have a job becasue I'm not a dipshit like yourself. How fun is beating up 3rd graders anyway?

No action will be taken, he'll just have to live with the mark of shame for the rest of his career. And singling out A-Rod should be expected. You make potentially $305 million, and there's a target on your back.

That is an interesting sentence.

It's true. Every time I'm watching espnews or listening to the radio in the car and baseball is the subject, it's always about fucking steroids now. I used to turn it off to shield him from it, because I didn't want him to think that was the way to go in sports. Now, since he's been playing football, I try to teach him the dangers of it and let him see and hear the ridicule these guys have to deal with when they get caught.

Lets be honest here, the Yankees do not need AROD to win baseball games. With the team they have IMO they would be better suited to have a hard nosed guy like a Crede or lesser star at 3rd then AROD.

One of the main reasons they re-signed him was because he was going to be the guy who breaks Bonds record the clean way. No matter what the Yanks knew, bad team or not about 5-7 years from now AROD would be selling the place out due to his chase of the record.Now that is all tainted.

Here is what you have to ask? Did the Yanks know he failed that test and were prepared to go along and ropk the fans into thinking this was a clean chase, or did AROD rook them?

Either way this really sucks for the Yanks, considering what it would have meant and the circus that now will surrond this.

Lets be honest here, the Yankees do not need AROD to win baseball games. With the team they have IMO they would be better suited to have a hard nosed guy like a Crede or lesser star at 3rd then AROD.

One of the main reasons they re-signed him was because he was going to be the guy who breaks Bonds record the clean way. No matter what the Yanks knew, bad team or not about 5-7 years from now AROD would be selling the place out due to his chase of the record.Now that is all tainted.

Here is what you have to ask? Did the Yanks know he failed that test and were prepared to go along and ropk the fans into thinking this was a clean chase, or did AROD rook them?

Either way this really sucks for the Yanks, considering what it would have meant and the circus that now will surrond this.

So it's a non-story, but now you're gonna analyze every detail of it?

How is it that when Bonds got caught, he was a cheater, but now that A Rod got caught, everybody's a cheater? I'm still going to judge these guys on an individual basis, thanks.

Because Bonds was so fucking obvious. He was in his late 30's doing things that nobody has ever done and still denying it.

Look at Arod's stats, they are so consistent. There is no jump. They always talk about how he works out three hours before every game. He's the first one in the gym.

Everything is tainted now. What do you really know? What records even matter? What is legit?

Besides, ultimately, as a Yankees fan, I don't give a shit about this. He did it while he was with the Rangers and it's not like we won anything with him anyway. If Jeter or Mo was juicing I would cry.

The main story is how the Player's Union screwed this one up and every fan out there should prep themselves because there is a good chance their superstar has at least tried steroids.

This is all very bad for baseball as a whole.

You really are a fucking douche bag thanks for you input....

Just to clarify, its a non story in terms of AROD and people that want to bash him and the Yankees(why its not surprise you were the topic starter). From a buisness standpoint its a story for the Yankees.

You really are a fucking douche bag thanks for you input....

Just to clarify, its a non story in terms of AROD and people that want to bash him and the Yankees(why its not surprise you were the topic starter). From a buisness standpoint its a story for the Yankees.

Oh, that clears things up. :wacko:

You have issues. You really have a hard time with people pointing out your mistakes, don't you. Don't worry, being wrong doesn't make you an idiot (in your case, it's just a coincidence).

Sorry, but in this thread, you're the douchebag. Well, you and SoCal, but he's always the douchebag in every thread.

Oh, that clears things up. :wacko:

Sorry, but in this thread, you're the douchebag. Well, you and SoCal, but he's always the douchebag in every thread.

Why am I the douchebag, because a day later I came back with an opinion on how this impacts things, or because I did not come into this thread looking to pile on AROD(which lets be honest is the real reason why you started this thread).

I can see I hit a nerve with the "non story" remark. Good I am glad, you reasons for starting this thread were apparent to those with a brain, your bothersome tone at it reinforces it for me.

Its scary to think you get paid to shape young minds..... <_<

Why am I the douchebag, because a day later I came back with an opinion on how this impacts things, or because I did not come into this thread looking to pile on AROD(which lets be honest is the real reason why you started this thread).

I can see I hit a nerve with the "non story" remark. Good I am glad, you reasons for starting this thread were apparent to those with a brain, your bothersome tone at it reinforces it for me.

Its scary to think you get paid to shape young minds..... <_<

Yeah, it's a good thing they handle constructive criticism better than most "adults". See I hit a nerve with the part about you not being able to handle it when someone points out your mistakes.

You're a douchebag because I guess you were angry about not being able to start the first A Rod thread, so you minimized the whole issue, only to completely contradict yourself later. Obviously it's a big issue, since that's all anybody is talking about in the papers, on the FAN, etc. Then you got your panties in a bunch when I pointed it out (in a non-confrontational manner, I might add).

Yeah, it's a good thing they handle constructive criticism better than most "adults". See I hit a nerve with the part about you not being able to handle it when someone points out your mistakes.

You're a douchebag because I guess you were angry about not being able to start the first A Rod thread, so you minimized the whole issue, only to completely contradict yourself later. Obviously it's a big issue, since that's all anybody is talking about in the papers, on the FAN, etc. Then you got your panties in a bunch when I pointed it out (in a non-confrontational manner, I might add).

I guess in mickeefs threads, all things have to be clarified 100% and no one is allowed to either change their opinion, or expand on it.

Newsflash, I would not have started an AROD thread nor would I have inserted that completely assinine statement that "now I guess he is a Yankee". That statement right there tells you all you need to know about what your intents were with this thread.

Do not worry I will stay out of your anti Yankee threads you post over and over and over and over. Its quite frankly a bore. You long ago showed that intelligent baseball conversation is beyond your realm, but I guess someone who's moods are so closely tied to whether a baseball team wins or loses games on a day to day basis is against the realm of being a completely stable human being anyway, so I do not feel bad.

Heres a good article from a Boston reporter. Take note Mickeef, not everyone is douche bag like yourself...

-=LINK=-

So now we have it, the Great American Scandal. Alex Rodriguez meets Steroids. Finally, we have an intersection of our soap operatic A-Rod obsession and the plague that infected our national pastime.

Here's how we should know that we've had enough: Some of us are starting to feel compassion for him. Don't know about the rest of you folks, but some of us out here have long since run out of outrage. It was long taken by everyone from Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens to Mark McGwire and Rafael Palmeiro. Now into the mix comes Rodriguez, a prototype for the psychologically and emotionally damaged megastar whose existence has played out before the American public like the life of Jim Carrey in "The Truman Show."

For the moment, here's the biggest problem: There reportedly were 103 other names on that list. Who are the others? Why don't we know? Is it even remotely possible that Rodriguez's name appears on a list with 103 utility men and bit players, that he is the only notable presence among a cast of extras and stand-ins?

Or has it reached the point now that we get to pick and choose whom we decide to smear, deconstruct and castigate?

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, nobody is suggesting that Rodriguez is innocent here. That's not the point. But he's not even close to being alone. Had the Boston Globe or New York Times or ESPN received the same information that Sports Illustrated received about Rodriguez failing a drug test during the 2003 season, we all would have printed it out of professional obligation. At the same time, we cannot help but wonder why certain sources selected Rodriguez's name from a list of 104 and streamlined it to the nation when 103 others effectively were ignored.

Here in Boston, save for the affair involving Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, we have been surprisingly immune from performance-enhancing crimes in the world of professional sports. (Harrison served a four-game suspension in 2007 after admitting that he used human growth hormone.) Even then, more than a few Englanders defended Harrison's actions by suggesting he was merely trying to recover from an injury so that he return to the field more quickly, apologists turning a blind eye to the sins of their own.

As for any transgressions that have taken place at Fenway Park, let's not fool ourselves. There must have been at least some deceit. When Major League Baseball released the Mitchell Report late in 2007, details included an e-mail from Theo Epstein concerning the possible steroid use of reliever Eric Gagne -- the Sox made a trade for Gagne anyway -- and a photocopy of a personal check written in 2001 by former Sox first baseman Mo Vaughn to known steroids dealer and former New York Mets clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski. Vaughn declined to speak to Mitchell, and so we can only wonder if Vaughn was using performance enhancers during the 1995 and 1996 seasons, his peak years in Boston, which included one Most Valuable Player Award (1995).

In 2003, the year of Rodriguez's alleged steroid use, Rodriguez won the MVP. It was after that season that the Red Sox tried to trade for him. The results of testing conducted that season were intended to remain anonymous and were for the singular purpose of implementing a new testing policy. According to the SI report, a total of 1,198 players were tested, meaning that 8.8 percent were caught using some form of illegal substance. Know what 8.8 percent translates into? About two players per 25-man roster, about 3.5 players per 40-man. Keep that in mind before arguing that the Red Sox took the field with a cast of altar boys