SportsWrath

Yankees will win AL East

Sox have 15 games left with the Drays? :o If they do not win the division there should be a federal investigation as to why based on that fact alone.

they also have 6 against the Yankees. and you have to figure that Kazmir will pitch at least 3 or 4 of those D-Rays games so you can chalk those games up as losses for the sox

Your pitching has, and has been getting their asses handed to them all season by the Yankees. Just a reminder.

In 12 games against the Yankees this season, the Red Sox have a 7-5 record and a 5.49 ERA along with a 1.60 WHIP.

In 12 games against the Red Sox this season, the Yankees have a 5-7 record and a 6.06 ERA along with a 1.85 WHIP.

So obviously both teams have mashed against each other, pretty startling to see that 24 SPs failed to record quality starts, but your pitching has been getting their ass handed to them a lot more. These teams have seen each plenty, what difference does them hitting well against the Sox have? It's all about adjustments come game day and who is hot at the moment.

In 36.1 innings, the Red Sox bullpen has a 2.47 ERA against the Yankees.

All it takes is one good outing from our bevy of all star caliber pitchers and you're done.

Especially considering that we can hit all the Yankees pitching.

Lorf, be honest, you want no part of the Yankees right now...youre scared to death.

I've already admitted that I'm scared shitless by the Yankees but I gotta reason with myself and make up excuses to ease my mind. At least we ran off a couple of wins after our .500 month and a half.

I've already admitted that I'm scared shitless by the Yankees but I gotta reason with myself and make up excuses to ease my mind. At least we ran off a couple of wins after our .500 month and a half.
its going to come down to the wire. Its a very exciting time to be a Yankee fan....and a worrisome for a sox fan...youve always been a reasonable guy/good sport. Just having some man...but I truly believe that the Yanks will take the AL East.

While it's perfectly reasonable for the Yankees to surge and overtake the Red Sox, there are so many reasons that they won't. Since I'm jet-lagged, I'm only going to say is that the Yankees are unsustainably hot right now and you're getting ahead of yourself.

Actually, I'll say more, because there is more to it than just the State of the Yankees, you have to be keenly aware of the State of Red Sox Nation.

1. Curt Schilling has been out for months because the Red Sox felt comfortable enough with their lead to fully get him strengthened for the stretch.

2. The Yankees lineup can and has mashed while the Red Sox lineup lacks consistency. That doesn't change the fact that any one of these guys can get hot at the exact same time (except for maybe Drew of the 6 HRs).

3. Have you seen the Red Sox pitching staff? Beckett and Matsuzaka are dealing, Schilling is going to return, Tavarez has finally been kicked out of the rotation, and for the time being, Gabbard is impressing. More important is our bullpen that can actually hold leads with a 7-8-9 of Manny Delcarmen, who has come into his own (and also played baseball with a drug dealer I know), Okajima, and Papelbon. Pineiro just got sent to the minors for Lester until Schilling returns, and Donnelly is returning. Even if we haven't done it in the most conventional way, we have the best bullpen ERA in the AL and it's improving.

Fuck, I don't think I went anywhere with this.

Basically put, I'm still scared shitless by the Yankees.

But pitching does win championships and we have the hitting to boot.

You have hitting and...Mike Mussina.

I dont get it? Are you saying that we both have hitting but you got a rotation and all we got is Mussina?? You gotta be kidding, Moose is our worst right now, and youre forgetting about Wang and lately Igawa. Not to mention Clemens.

if im a yankee fan this is the most fun season i've had in years. for a while now i've seen a lot of yankee fans not care about the regular season at all and just focus on the postseason from april on. pennant races are a real thrill

I dont get it? Are you saying that we both have hitting but you got a rotation and all we got is Mussina?? You gotta be kidding, Moose is our worst right now, and youre forgetting about Wang and lately Igawa. Not to mention Clemens.

You're thinking too much...I just wanted to make fun of Mussina. You got a rotation that's gonna be effective around half the time with more names (Pettite, Clemens, Mussina) than hurlers. Your starting rotation won't strike fear in anyone but as long as they can perform admirably, your offense will bail them. Plus, even though your bullpen has improved, it has still thrown the third most innings of any AL pen and needs rest which it won't get when your starters aren't going deep.

I admit I was wrong about Wang last year, I looked at our recent experience with Lowe and maybe took in too many variables. He's improved his K/9 from 3.14 to 4.37 and that's helping him out when he needs it. Does he have a specific K pitch or situation where he tries to strike people out or is it all just sink, sink, sink?

he has a change up and a slider that he uses to strike people out, but its pretty much sink, sink, sink with him.

He made Jose Overeyes take a seat with his change up...literally, he fell flat on his ass flailing at it

And Oliver Perez made the Yankees look stupid twice, once in Yankee Stadium.

You're thinking too much...I just wanted to make fun of Mussina. You got a rotation that's gonna be effective around half the time with more names (Pettite, Clemens, Mussina) than hurlers. Your starting rotation won't strike fear in anyone but as long as they can perform admirably, your offense will bail them. Plus, even though your bullpen has improved, it has still thrown the third most innings of any AL pen and needs rest which it won't get when your starters aren't going deep.

I admit I was wrong about Wang last year, I looked at our recent experience with Lowe and maybe took in too many variables. He's improved his K/9 from 3.14 to 4.37 and that's helping him out when he needs it. Does he have a specific K pitch or situation where he tries to strike people out or is it all just sink, sink, sink?

It seems like its all sinkers, I hope he develops his fastball. But its working as of late w/ the increase of K's per 9 inn, so, so far so good.

Yeah, I must have read that wrong, Moose and all. My concern is the bats staying alive because youre right, they have been the saving grace many times.

And Oliver Perez made the Yankees look stupid twice, once in Yankee Stadium.

The Yankees cant hit shitty left handed pitchers...Oliver Perez, Jarrod Washburn, Jorge De La Rosa, Haracio Ramirez ect. But none of them fell down flailing at a pitch like Overeyes did

The Yankees cant hit shitty left handed pitchers...Oliver Perez, Jarrod Washburn, Jorge De La Rosa, Haracio Ramirez ect. But none of them fell down flailing at a pitch like Overeyes did

You're just mad because he's better than Jeter.

Oh boy, here they come... :ph34r:

:P

Maybe....

But only time will tell. Until he gets 4 rings, this isn't even a discussion. NEXT,...

Interesting point. I guess it's fair to say that Bernie Williams was better than Ken Griffey Jr., using that logic. :confused: NEXT,... ?

Ok, I like Reyes, even though I think he he well over rated, he is an excellent ball player. with that said....In 1999, Jeters 4th season (which this year is Reyes 4th year), he was the best player in baseball that year and in 2000, he was World Series MVP and All Star Game MVP...can the same be said for Reyes in the same time he's been in the league?

Bottom line, Jose Reyes has some work to do.

Sorry, this is Reyes 3rd year as a full time starter....you do not want to compare his 2007 season to Jeter 98 season(jeters 3rd year as a full time starter)

Ok, I like Reyes, even though I think he he well over rated, he is an excellent ball player. with that said....In 1999, Jeters 4th season (which this year is Reyes 4th year), he was the best player in baseball that year and in 2000, he was World Series MVP and All Star Game MVP...can the same be said for Reyes in the same time he's been in the league?

Bottom line, Jose Reyes has some work to do.

Can't fault Reyes for not being born into a dynasty the way Jeter was.

Reyes gets better every year, and if he had someone hitting behind him, his numbers would look much better this season. The Mets have a revolving door at the 2 spot, and Beltran is in 2005 mode again. Reyes is 4th in all of baseball with 11 IBB. Teams are pitching around him to get to the number 2 and a shitty Beltran.

Reyes might have been the All Star MVP this year had the NL won it. And he might never win a World Series MVP, if his TEAM doesn't get there. My point is, you can't say one player is better than another based solely on team accomplishments.

I like Jeter, and don't think Reyes is on his level yet, but one day he might be known as the best shortstop in NY baseball history. (I just figured I'd use the opportunity to get Yankee fans flapping. It's been a while.)

I certainly don't think Reyes is overrated though. What's overrated are stats. Seeing the impact Reyes can have on a game speaks louder than any numbers can.

they also have 6 against the Yankees. and you have to figure that Kazmir will pitch at least 3 or 4 of those D-Rays games so you can chalk those games up as losses for the sox

Yeah ok :LMAO:

Anyone ever tell you about counting chickens before they hatch? Were you asleep in 04?

Oliver Perez has a 2.84 ERA, is 25 years old, throws 95 MPH. He is hardly a "shitty left handed pitcher". My god I hear you gush about guys that have success in AA, but this guy is shitty :LMAO:

God the more you "hate" the more I think you are either delusional or just that angry that this October we might hear crickets in the Bronx.

BTW, if you think Reyes is overrated you are alone. Chew on this little nugget and tell me he is overrated

"the Elias Sports Bureau notes that Reyes is the first player in baseball history to have more than 63 steals, 120 runs, 192 hits and 19 homers in a single season."

if he played in he Bronx we would have to genuflect to him each time he got up to bat.

BTW, in 1999 that was Jeters 4th FULL season in the majors(96,97,98,99) this is Reyes 3rd full season(he was injured most of 2004) Lets not even mention the fact that in 1999 Jeter was 25 years old, a full year older than Reyes.

Jeter was the best player in baseball in 1999 huh? I guess your current 3Bmens 42 111 would have only constituted greatness had he of course been a Yankee.

Oliver Perez has a 2.84 ERA, is 25 years old, throws 95 MPH. He is hardly a "shitty left handed pitcher". My god I hear you gush about guys that have success in AA, but this guy is shitty :LMAO:

God the more you "hate" the more I think you are either delusional or just that angry that this October we might hear crickets in the Bronx.

BTW, if you think Reyes is overrated you are alone. Chew on this little nugget and tell me he is overrated

"the Elias Sports Bureau notes that Reyes is the first player in baseball history to have more than 63 steals, 120 runs, 192 hits and 19 homers in a single season."

if he played in he Bronx we would have to genuflect to him each time he got up to bat.

BTW, in 1999 that was Jeters 4th FULL season in the majors(96,97,98,99) this is Reyes 3rd full season(he was injured most of 2004) Lets not even mention the fact that in 1999 Jeter was 25 years old, a full year older than Reyes.

Jeter was the best player in baseball in 1999 huh? I guess your current 3Bmens 42 111 would have only constituted greatness had he of course been a Yankee.

No doubt Reyes' #'s are phenomenal, he does what he does best and thats run the bases. It produces steals and runs, not to mention he's hittin the ball too. But that description sounds like Jeter too. The only difference is the consistency, Jeter's done it and done it well for some time, resultng in Championships. True, this is only Jose's 3rd year, but he was injured most of last season, so the consistency question is there. Jose is having a better year this year. But Jeter aint too far behind. And yes, I am VERY concerned there will be no playoff games at Yankee stadium this Oct.

No doubt Reyes' #'s are phenomenal, he does what he does best and thats run the bases. It produces steals and runs, not to mention he's hittin the ball too. But that description sounds like Jeter too. The only difference is the consistency, Jeter's done it and done it well for some time, resultng in Championships. True, this is only Jose's 3rd year, but he was injured most of last season, so the consistency question is there. Jose is having a better year this year. But Jeter aint too far behind. And yes, I am VERY concerned there will be no playoff games at Yankee stadium this Oct.

That sound's like a lot of other major leaguers too, not just

Jeter.

He was injured most of last season? Did you not read the ELIAS sports bureu fact? Jose Reyes was injured in 2004, when he was 21 years old(20 when the season started) he has(knock on wood) stayed healthy the past 3 years begining in 2005.

Jose Reyes does more than run the bases, he produced 81 rbis from the leadoff spot in 2006. To put into perspective the enormity of that stat is th fact that he NEVER once batted anywhere but #1 in the lineup, a national league lineup nonetheless where he does not benefit from a #9 hitter being on base more often than not to drive in.

Listen no one is Taking ANYTHING away from Jeter, he is a great player, leader and a genuine good guy. I just cannot stand when people make statements like a 24 year old who is beging his career at a record breaking pace is overrated or a 25 year old lefty with 95 mph stuff and a 2.84 ERA is shitty. It's like come on, some objectivity please?

He was injured most of last season? Did you not read the ELIAS sports bureu fact? Jose Reyes was injured in 2004, when he was 21 years old(20 when the season started) he has(knock on wood) stayed healthy the past 3 years begining in 2005.

Jose Reyes does more than run the bases, he produced 81 rbis from the leadoff spot in 2006. To put into perspective the enormity of that stat is th fact that he NEVER once batted anywhere but #1 in the lineup, a national league lineup nonetheless where he does not benefit from a #9 hitter being on base more often than not to drive in.

Listen no one is Taking ANYTHING away from Jeter, he is a great player, leader and a genuine good guy. I just cannot stand when people make statements like a 24 year old who is beging his career at a record breaking pace is overrated or a 25 year old lefty with 95 mph stuff and a 2.84 ERA is shitty. It's like come on, some objectivity please?

My bad on the last season, I dont know what I was thinking. I meant 2004. And I said he does more than run the bases, I mentioned on top of it he hits. But his steals and runs are his strength.

I came in this topic late, forgive me if I am not up to par.

My bad on the last season, I dont know what I was thinking. I meant 2004. And I said he does more than run the bases, I mentioned on top of it he hits. But his steals and runs are his strength.

I came in this topic late, forgive me if I am not up to par.

Let's not forget his ability in the field and his outstanding arm.

Jose is having a better year this year. But Jeter aint too far behind.

How so? In the exact same at bats (421) Jeter leads by far in almost ALL statistical categories. Not 2-3 years ago, RIGHT NOW in 2007! This is in Batting average, OBP, Doubles, RBI's, SLG Percentage, hits, homeruns, etc. etc. link

About the only thing he doesn't blow Reyes away in is Triples and Stolen bases. Which is why we all acknowledge reyes is a more gifted athlete. Just not even close to being a better player.

And that's not even taking in to account the intagibles that need not be explained. Please....Do not disrespect a HOF player like Jeter again by bringing up such a comparison.