SportsWrath

Your 2006 NY Giants expectations

xxi-xxv

Guest Lockhart
I expect Eli to READ an apply the methods of this book...and after succesfully doing what is needed, Eli can lead the Giants to the NFCCG in 2007.

FV-01597.JPG

I'm not sure they teach reading at Ole Miss. Hearing him talk is like watching a "Hee Haw" Skit.

maxbaerjr.jpg

(Eli arriving at Old Miss to "lern sum cipherin'")

From an offensive standpoint, they are relatively set at the skill positions and have all the talent necessary to make a serious run. I've seen so many people expecting instant results from a 2nd year QB and it really blows my mind how short-sighted these folks are. Yes, they gave up the farm for this kid and he hasn't yet lived up to their ridiculously high expectations, but to slag him off as a bust or endlessly rip him for making mistakes just shows how much those people really don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's true that he made some really bad throws and decisions, but give him time to learn the game. There isn't an armchair QB in the world who would even have the balls to suit up and go out and do it themselves(or do it better). If anything on the Offense needs attention, it is the lack of discipline on the O-line. Entirely too many drive killing penalties going on out there for a team with a Coach who claims to be a disciplinarian.

Defensively, I expect them to stick to this side of the ball in the first 2 rounds. They desperately need size and speed at the CB position, especially since Allen isn't likely to return and Peterson is a huge question mark from an injury standpoint. Deloatch showed some flashes here and there and Webster could turn out to be quite good with more experience, but obviously they can't be counted on as starters for a full season, at least not yet. As much as I like Walker for his ballhawking skills, he is still very raw and needs to learn to stay away from the receiver with the ball in the air. Wilson at the Safety spot is set and I liked what I saw of Butler on the other side. They need to address this in FA, IMO. Build some experienced depth there and give the young guys time to learn.

LB's are obviously another huge need of this team. Green? See ya! Emmons? Ehh...take a paycut or take off. Not helping this team by standing on the sidelines. I've been reading about Nick Griesen and his apparent desire to be paid as a starter, which could turn out to be disastrous. I like him a lot and think he could step into the role, but the Giants appear to have less cap room than the previous 2 years, which could kill his deal. Blackburn? I LOVE what I saw of him and hope he gets another chance. Torbor is another one I really like and whom I think will get better and better with more time. The LB spot should be addressed in the 2nd round, especially since the draft is heavy at that position this year and should spawn some very good talent through the first few rounds.

All in all, this team can go far into the playoffs if they do things right by addressing their needs. I don't think they are that far off from serious contention. Sorry for the long winded post! I could go on and on but figured I'd better work my way in slowly as the new guy around here

Edited by NYGFan05

Guest Lockhart
From an offensive standpoint, they are relatively set at the skill positions and have all the talent necessary to make a serious run. I've seen so many people expecting instant results from a 2nd year QB and it really blows my mind how short-sighted these folks are. Yes, they gave up the farm for this kid and he hasn't yet lived up to their ridiculously high expectations, but to slag him off as a bust or endlessly rip him for making mistakes just shows how much those people really don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's true that he made some really bad throws and decisions, but give him time to learn the game. There isn't an armchair QB in the world who would even have the balls to suit up and go out and do it themselves(or do it better). If anything on the Offense needs attention, it is the lack of discipline on the O-line. Entirely too many drive killing penalties going on out there for a team with a Coach who claims to be a disciplinarian.

Defensively, I expect them to stick to this side of the ball in the first 2 rounds. They desperately need size and speed at the CB position, especially since Allen isn't likely to return and Peterson is a huge question mark from an injury standpoint. Deloatch showed some flashes here and there and Webster could turn out to be quite good with more experience, but obviously they can't be counted on as starters for a full season, at least not yet. As much as I like Walker for his ballhawking skills, he is still very raw and needs to learn to stay away from the receiver with the ball in the air. Wilson at the Safety spot is set and I liked what I saw of Butler on the other side. They need to address this in FA, IMO. Build some experienced depth there and give the young guys time to learn.

LB's are obviously another huge need of this team. Green? See ya! Emmons? Ehh...take a paycut or take off. Not helping this team by standing on the sidelines. I've been reading about Nick Griesen and his apparent desire to be paid as a starter, which could turn out to be disastrous. I like him a lot and think he could step into the role, but the Giants appear to have less cap room than the previous 2 years, which could kill his deal. Blackburn? I LOVE what I saw of him and hope he gets another chance. Torbor is another one I really like and whom I think will get better and better with more time. The LB spot should be addressed in the 2nd round, especially since the draft is heavy at that position this year and should spawn some very good talent through the first few rounds.

All in all, this team can go far into the playoffs if they do things right by addressing their needs. I don't think they are that far off from serious contention. Sorry for the long winded post! I could go on and on but figured I'd better work my way in slowly as the new guy around here

Eli isn't being attacked because of "mistakes", it's because of his inaccurate passes and weak arm. One can coach out mistakes, but one cannot coach out physical inabilities, which he has many. The last 6 games his long passes appeared to thrown by Barney Frank, while his accuracy was the worst in the NFL. It does no good to be making the correct decisions if the passes thrown are way off mark. If he continues as he finished, he will be out of NY by the end of 2006. Right now one wishes Ben Roethlisberger, a QB with ALL the necessary physical attributes would have been the Giant's choice in 2004 - his arm is strong and he passes the ball accurately. One has wonder about the ability of those rating players, as the Gaints gave up the farm for Eli, when they could have had the better QB for free. On top of that, the last 8 years of high draft choices have almost all been disappointing.

I agree with you the Giants will probably take defense early in the draft, and the defense DOES need the more new personnel. Still, unless the QB play improves dramatically, regardless of how good the defense is, the Giants will be lucky to finish 8-8.

I don't think it unreasonable, after looking at who we are playing next year and where, to think we're going to be at least 9-7 next year. I think we'll probably split with Dallas and Philly, sweep Washington. Yes, I realize Washington was a good team this year, but they have some serious house-cleaning to do to get under the cap. How they do it is going to tell what kind of season they have.

I don't see Houston, NO, or Tennessee improving enough to not expect wins (which of course means, we shouldn't expect wins :rolleyes: ), and I would figure we beat either the Bears or Bucs. The Texans and Saints are disasters, and the Titans are still in cap hell. The Bears and Bucs are good teams, but they aren't all that scary at home. Seattle is beatable--we were a field goal away from proving that.

I'm thinking 6-2 at home, and 3-5 away.

Who knows? With all the fur flying around Vick and his brother, maybe this is the year we finally beat them.

Giants home games:

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

Chicago Bears

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

away games:

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle Seahawks

Tennessee Titans

(schedule blatantly ripped off from BBI)

Doh! I'm assuming upgrades on defense.

Edited by fishgutmartyr

Right now we can prove the quote that states in order to be the best, we have to beat the best. I want to say we'll definitely win the Saints, Texans, and Titans games for sure but, well the past speaks for itself. I think we can take Seattle on the road again if we stay healthy, and Carolina should be a fun matchup. A win there would maybe Eli feel better after this post-season's disaster.

I just can't wait for the Colts Giants game. I know it's going to be prime time, schedule makers would be stupid not to do that. The question is when. If it's week 16 or week 17 I seriously may consider skipping my vacation to watch that game (yes im insane).

Some teams are going to improve, some teams are going to get worse and some teams are going to be the same. If we get double digit wins, we have earned it looking at the schedule now. But of course, half these teams we say will be super bowl contenders could fall apart like the eagles did.

Ben Roethlisberger has an average arm, it is far from strong and scouts and coaches will tell you the same thing. Eli's overall arm strength is better and that has been a known fact, Ben has been more accurate, but he does not have a stronger arm.

I'd love Randle El but it's a little odd to have two former Steelers on the same team and Randle El will want a lot of money and a #1 or #2 WR spot, neither we may not be able to offer.

Eli does not need a Randle EL, but more of a Proehl type 3rd WR, a guy who on 3rd and 7 will run 8 yards, run a good, crisp route, catch the ball at the marker, fall down and keep a drive alive with sure hands. Our 3rd WR was non-existent in 05 and thats a position of need IMO. Not a superstar, but a guy with good hands and discipline in terms of his routes.

Eli does not need a Randle EL, but more of a Proehl type 3rd WR, a guy who on 3rd and 7 will run 8 yards, run a good, crisp route, catch the ball at the marker, fall down and keep a drive alive with sure hands. Our 3rd WR was non-existent in 05 and thats a position of need IMO. Not a superstar, but a guy with good hands and discipline in terms of his routes.

According to the Giants loyal fans we have 'that guy' already.... Shockey!!!

I want a Randle-El who can make shit happen with runs, passes and KR/PR. Plus he catches over the middle.

Remember those plays designed by the O coordinator for Tim Carter? Darn near everytime Tim was in the game, it was a reverse or end around to him....Randle-El instead of Tim...get my drift? I will steal Lock's sayin'...*Huge Upgrade over Tim*.

According to the Giants loyal fans we have 'that guy' already.... Shockey!!!

I want a Randle-El who can make shit happen with runs, passes and KR/PR. Plus he catches over the middle.

Remember those plays designed by the O coordinator for Tim Carter? Darn near everytime Tim was in the game, it was a reverse or end around to him....Randle-El instead of Tim...get my drift? I will steal Lock's sayin'...*Huge Upgrade over Tim*.

Shockey is hardly a disciplined route runner and does not sell plays well when he is not the primary option. I remember all the drops by Tim Carter, especially all the deep balls. Disgusting and no need to keep him around anymore, for all his speed, if he cannot hold onto the ball whats the difference?

Shockey is hardly a disciplined route runner and does not sell plays well when he is not the primary option. I remember all the drops by Tim Carter, especially all the deep balls. Disgusting and no need to keep him around anymore, for all his speed, if he cannot hold onto the ball whats the difference?

I was being sarcastic about Shockey being that 'crisp' route runner. Actually Toomer is...Toomer made some incredible catches in 2005. That is why I say we could use a Randle-El type. Toomer, Randle-El and Plaxy??? Wow!

Guest nosebleed
outline_27.jpg

One more weapon for the Giants on offense and PRESTO....we win the NFC East again. That weapon would be a player a la Randle-El (or someone similar via the draft).

Eli please practice better footwork when passing...see pic above.

At first, after seeing the picture, I laughed, but quite honestly, Pussyboy should attend a camp like this during the late spring/early summer. After watching his horrific play down the stretch, he has to go back to basics, the How To's of Quarterbacking 100, Remedial Course.

How to properly hold the ball....

How to throw a spiral......

How to read a defense.....

How to act when pressure is near......

How to not throw off your backfoot.......

At first, after seeing the picture, I laughed, but quite honestly, Eli should attend a camp like this during the late spring/early summer. After watching his horrific play down the stretch, he has to go back to basics, the How To's of Quarterbacking 100, Remedial Course.

How to properly hold the ball....

How to throw a spiral......

How to read a defense.....

How to act when pressure is near......

How to not throw off your backfoot.......

YES! I am serious too...couldn't agree more.

tc2.jpg

Terry Copacia, a former high school and collegiate quarterback, has been coaching quarterbacks for 27 years.

WHAT WILL A QUARTERBACK LEARN FROM THIS CAMP?

• Proper mechanics

of throwing the football

• Leadership skills

• Proper techniques for:

- Center/quarterback exchanges

- Drops

- Stepping up to throw

- Srambling techniques

- Throwing on the run

• Recognizing and reading

common defenses

• Drills and exercises

• Correcting common errors

We do need that guy but we also need the burner. We all know Eli has a great long ball when he is on, he even showed that in his rookie year with multiple bombs against the Eagles, a nice throw against the Steelers that when healthy, Toomer would've caught, and more. But with separation, it can make it even better. Now, I think Plax does have that type of speed but it is up to him whether he wants to utilize it properly or not.

Guest Lockhart

The 2006 season hangs in the balance based on what veteran QB the Giants get in the offseason. The defense will improve via the draft and free agency, and hopefully a WR (that can catch) will be brought in the help Amani. All this is for nothing if the weak armed hick is still throwing his errant passes. The Giants need to have a reliable veteran to take over when Eli is benched. This QB need not be great, just competent, as Tiki will handle the majority of the offense. Right now the Giants have no alrternative to Tiki and defenses know this. If the Giants develop a passing game, they could do quite well - it will take a new QB to have a REAL and RELIABLE passing attack.

The 2006 season hangs in the balance based on what veteran QB the Giants get in the offseason. The defense will improve via the draft and free agency, and hopefully a WR (that can catch) will be brought in the help Amani. All this is for nothing if the weak armed hick is still throwing his errant passes. The Giants need to have a reliable veteran to take over when Eli is benched. This QB need not be great, just competent, as Tiki will handle the majority of the offense. Right now the Giants have no alrternative to Tiki and defenses know this. If the Giants develop a passing game, they could do quite well - it will take a new QB to have a REAL and RELIABLE passing attack.

moronic , Eli hating , irrational nonsense as usual from LOCKHART-DISASTER !

Giants will go 11-5 again , Eli will improve strongly. We will go to the Championship game

Guest Lockhart
moronic , Eli hating , irrational nonsense as usual from LOCKHART-DISASTER !

Giants will go 11-5 again , Eli will improve strongly. We will go to the Championship game

Sorry - your Pollyanna scenario makes no sense. Eli fell apart the last 6 games (4 TDs and 10 interceptiosn) and his inability to complete the simplest pass was apparent - the rube can't pass the ball effectively. The Giant defense and Tiki carried the ineffective hick for much of the season but the secret is out - put 8 in the box to stop Tiki and ignore Boy Blunder as his weak arm prevents him from going downfield and he can't hit a wide open receiver 8 yards away. The Giants will have to upgrade at the QB positon to even consider making the playoffs.

Sorry - your Pollyanna scenario makes no sense. Eli fell apart the last 6 games (4 TDs and 10 interceptiosn) and his inability to complete the simplest pass was apparent - the rube can't pass the ball effectively. The Giant defense and Tiki carried the ineffective hick for much of the season but the secret is out - put 8 in the box to stop Tiki and ignore Boy Blunder as his weak arm prevents him from going downfield and he can't hit a wide open receiver 8 yards away. The Giants will have to upgrade at the QB positon to even consider making the playoffs.

Go away and support the Steelers and your beloved Ben

You choose to ignore the progression of the last 3 seasons

4-12

6-10

11-5

Eli will lead the Giants to Championships

Yes , he has still got a lot to prove ... and he has a lot to learn

But he has great talent and has already led us to the NFC East Championship in his 1st full season

I will always support my team and its leaders

You seem to want the Giants to fail...Your motives are pathetic Lockhart

Go Giants ( Go away Lockhart ! )

Guest nosebleed
Go away and support the Steelers and your beloved Ben

You choose to ignore the progression of the last 3 seasons

4-12

6-10

11-5

Eli will lead the Giants to Championships

Yes , he has still got a lot to prove ... and he has a lot to learn

But he has great talent and has already led us to the NFC East Championship in his 1st full season

I will always support my team and its leaders

You seem to want the Giants to fail...Your motives are pathetic Lockhart

Go Giants ( Go away Lockhart ! )

Thank #21 for the division crown, without his heroic play, the Giants probably go 7-9. Tiki carried that Pussy for the second half of the season. Meanwhile, Pussyboy was throwing passes too high, too low, fluttering all over, then skipping to the sideline with his thumb in his mouth.

I just hope Pussyboy is attending a passing camp as we speak. :TU:

Guest Lockhart
Thank #21 for the division crown, without his heroic play, the Giants probably go 7-9. Tiki carried that Pussy for the second half of the season. Meanwhile, Pussyboy was throwing passes too high, too low, fluttering all over, then skipping to the sideline with his thumb in his mouth.

I just hope Pussyboy is attending a passing camp as we speak. :TU:

Get a load of this camp - HAHAHAHAHAHA - I assume Eli has yet to go from "camper" to "instructor".

ManningPassingCamp

By the way, the Giants have progressed the last 3 seasons, while Eli has regressed - he is simply awful.

Edited by Lockhart