SportsWrath

The ANSWER to the Giants secondary woes is here...

Not_Ldiggitty

Walker has more experience and was actually drafted. He's also made some plays that have jumpstarted or wrapped up games (Vikings game a few years ago, Steelers INT last year). Not saying much but he does have more on his resomae (I know I'm not even close there on spelling, just figure out yourself what it is) then Deloatch. The only thing Deloatch has is height.

I want both of these guys to stay but to say that Deloatch would be better then Walker I believe is false.

Walker has more experience and was actually drafted. He's also made some plays that have jumpstarted or wrapped up games (Vikings game a few years ago, Steelers INT last year). Not saying much but he does have more on his resomae (I know I'm not even close there on spelling, just figure out yourself what it is) then Deloatch. The only thing Deloatch has is height.

I want both of these guys to stay but to say that Deloatch would be better then Walker I believe is false.

DeLoatch is a hard worker, the coaches love him, he has size and speed(for his size that is). I like Curtis a lot and think he is an asset to the secondary. As far as Walker, I think the reasons I have are valid as to why there is a place for him as opposed to some rookie, learning the league, termonolgy of the defense and gameplans.

Its not anything else in life, continuity breeds familiarity, breeds comfort. Walker being drafted has nothing to do with it, its his ability to hold a role and his role as a 4th or 5th CB at his salary is fine.

I'm fine with Deloatch on the roster too seeing that he does work hard but all I'm implying is Walker has proven more. That's all.

If Walker were to step in for a game or two we'd be fine. Long term would be a problem but not many teams have a fifth CB who can step in perfectly long term anyway.

I don't want Deloatch starting though. We are built to win now and I'd like to see Deloatch at nickel where his covering won't be too critical for the game but he still can learn and possibly become a decent CB. I guess there is a reason why we are sticking by him.

We'll see how things turn out in the off-season. No one in their right mind can properly predict our CB lineup for next season.

I'm fine with Deloatch on the roster too seeing that he does work hard but all I'm implying is Walker has proven more. That's all.

If Walker were to step in for a game or two we'd be fine. Long term would be a problem but not many teams have a fifth CB who can step in perfectly long term anyway.

I don't want Deloatch starting though. We are built to win now and I'd like to see Deloatch at nickel where his covering won't be too critical for the game but he still can learn and possibly become a decent CB. I guess there is a reason why we are sticking by him.

We'll see how things turn out in the off-season. No one in their right mind can properly predict our CB lineup for next season.

Deloatch at nickle is fine, as long as you have a #1 or #2 CB who is proficient in the slot spot as Deloatch is not equipped to be a slot CB playing a guy lining up in that position. I like Deloatch in passing situations in the red zone on the outside, his height takes away from plays that have become so prevalent in the red zone nowadays.

I remember he did decent against TO in 2004 at home against the Eagles. I think he should've been put up against Moss instead of Webster against the Raiders for those reasons you listed.

The thing is, we may re-sign Allen, Petereson might come back, and we most likely are signing a solid FA or drafting a CB high. Just like that, Deloatch goes to the dime back again. That's the crazy part about this situation so far.

I remember he did decent against TO in 2004 at home against the Eagles. I think he should've been put up against Moss instead of Webster against the Raiders for those reasons you listed.

The thing is, we may re-sign Allen, Petereson might come back, and we most likely are signing a solid FA or drafting a CB high. Just like that, Deloatch goes to the dime back again. That's the crazy part about this situation so far.

Moss is a different beast altogether, as good in the slot as he is on the outside. I liken Deloatchs ability best served to a guy like keyshawn johnson and Wr's like that. Guys who in the red zone use their height to an advantage and use their physical skills to make plays. Moss is equally as good lined up in the slot. TO can be as well(just ask Jason Sehorn). :(

I would like to draft Ashton Youboty who is 6-1 190, he is a ball-hawk...with some big upside and great skills, I would compare him to Chris Gamble

Jason Allen is another name to throw around to at FS or CB coming off an injury puts him in round 2

btw I absolutely do NOT want Thomas Howard here...have you seen him play? He is nothing to be excited about other than a sack here and there and he is fast, he dropped 2 INT's in the senior bowl

Ernie Simms is a Derrick Brooks type of guy...not as good but the same type of play, so even though he is just 220 pounds and 6-0 I would like EA to take him or Youboty in round 1

Youboty right now is the most overrated CB in this years draft class. He is only like Gamble in size and coming from the same school. If he is a ball hawk explain the one INT this season. Chris Gamble has a 41 inch vertical, Youboty does not. Youboty doesnt have the closing speed and cover abilities Gamble has. He also doesnt have the hands and timing. Gamble was an incredible athelete who served as the starting WR, CB, PR and KR. Right now Youboty's draft status is first round when it should be second. He is also being overrated because of the success of Winfield, Gamble, Springs, and Clements. He is too inconsistent and raw to be a first round pick.

Im high on Jason Allen as well and I dont like Howard as a first but in the 2nd he could be an option.

I like Sims. Not just his physical skills but all of his intangibles. I like the fact that he is about tradition. I like his aggressive style of play. I also like the fact that he has played every game of his career. Which I think is severly over looked. He plays sideline to sideline and does have that knack for making the big play. I've watched him since his freshman season and he has always been an impact player for Bowden. His speed could be his greatest asset which we do need on our defense especially at backer. His style and measureables are very similar to Green. I think thats a plus. If we lose Green to injury, Sims can step in right away and contribute. If we cut Green, Sims fits in perfectly and we dont lose a step. Seattle had success with two rookie backers, we can have it with one.

The only question for me is "when does he get selected?" If he runs the forty around 4.4 as he says he can he'll go late first. If he doesnt, if he's closer to 4.5 he'll go in the second but wont last til our pick. If we select him at 25 it might be to early but I dont think we will regret it. If we let him pass we wont get him unless we trade up or if we trade back from 25, which could be the best option for us.

I made a thread about Ronde about a month ago ... I think there is a strong chance he gets cut. As a CB who can make plays on the ball, tackle, and play zone, he would be nice fit here...

I think he would be a great fit too, we need a vet. Corner as well as a corner that is better in the Cover 2 defense. Ronde is one of the best Cover 2 corners in the league, It would be a great signing if he was released.

Ronde counts 4.68 million against the Bucs cap, but the Bucs said they want to keep Ronde. And If you recall last year around this time, Ronde asked for a new deal. The big thing with this whole situation though, could be all the money the Bucs have tied into their Defense. Out of their top 7 highest paid players, 6 of which are on the Defense. The other is Greise, which will almost certainly be released. Its also worth noting Kelly is counting 3.63 million on the cap and the Bucs seriously lack depth at CB.

Ronde would be a nice fit but if he's looking for an even larger deal, well, he may have to take a little less to come here. He's looking for probably a few million shorter of Law's bonus which is still a lot. But the Bucs will try to get him back, so we'll just let the situation unfold.

Ronde would be a nice fit but if he's looking for an even larger deal, well, he may have to take a little less to come here. He's looking for probably a few million shorter of Law's bonus which is still a lot. But the Bucs will try to get him back, so we'll just let the situation unfold.

Bucs could cut him and I have to imagine the media career with TIKI at this point outweighs the financial gains he might be looking for. He and TIKI do that Sirrius show and what better way to market what will surely be a career in media after football than in NY. He has his ring, his brother is a bigger star(think he accepts that) and he has said he would love to play with his brother.

Bucs could cut him and I have to imagine the media career with TIKI at this point outweighs the financial gains he might be looking for. He and TIKI do that Sirrius show and what better way to market what will surely be a career in media after football than in NY. He has his ring, his brother is a bigger star(think he accepts that) and he has said he would love to play with his brother.

I hope you're right. All we can do is wait and hope.

If you guys recall last season we just missed out on signing Fred Smoot. We do have the intentions of putting money into the CB position. Although we dont have the cap room now, we can easily clear room to make a signing for a player like Ronde or maybe even a Charles Woodson. Although that might take a little more sacrific.

Considering he didn't play much at all this year, I'd say he was in TC's doghouse. Again, the two penalties against Dallas. I don't think he played the rest of that entire game. TC won't put up with that junk.

The Giants will probably have to draft a corner anyway. Last year, the started the season with five corners on the roster (Peterson, Allen, Webster, Walker, and Deloatch). I think the Giants would draft a corner anyway because of Peterson. I'm telling you...look at Richard Marshall out of Fresno St. Him and Webster could be the best corner duo in the league

Being in a coach's doghouse suggests that player did something to defy the coach or there were behavioral issues. Adrian Awasome spent mos tof the year on the inactive list, was he in Coughlin's doghouse too?

I expect the Giants to address CB first and foremost through free agency. You don't rely on a rookie CB and expect to win games.

As for Marshall, like I said he is extremely raw. He was torched by Demetrius Williams this year. Sure, he and Webster can be the best CB duo in the league ... in 2010 ...

If you guys recall last season we just missed out on signing Fred Smoot. We do have the intentions of putting money into the CB position. Although we dont have the cap room now, we can easily clear room to make a signing for a player like Ronde or maybe even a Charles Woodson. Although that might take a little more sacrific.

Nice to you made it out of reitrement, Pizan...

As for Woodon, I love wearing my Charlie Woodson #2 jersey and doing my Steve Smith impression on the Intramurla Football Field ... but I'd be real cautious bringing him in. His health and character bring up major questions marks.

Being in a coach's doghouse suggests that player did something to defy the coach or there were behavioral issues. Adrian Awasome spent mos tof the year on the inactive list, was he in Coughlin's doghouse too?

I expect the Giants to address CB first and foremost through free agency. You don't rely on a rookie CB and expect to win games.

As for Marshall, like I said he is extremely raw. He was torched by Demetrius Williams this year. Sure, he and Webster can be the best CB duo in the league ... in 2010 ...

Yeah, and how long has Awasome been on the Giants' roster. Even when Walker played, he didn't see the field much because he made so many boneheaded mistakes and was a bum.

I agree, but I really think the Giants will take a corner on Day 1.

How many college corners aren't torched? I'm willing to bet you could say "He was torched by _______ ________ this year" about almost every corner and/or safety in the draft. I don't think that's a fair judge.

Yeah, and how long has Awasome been on the Giants' roster. Even when Walker played, he didn't see the field much because he made so many boneheaded mistakes and was a bum.

I agree, but I really think the Giants will take a corner on Day 1.

How many college corners aren't torched? I'm willing to bet you could say "He was torched by _______ ________ this year" about almost every corner and/or safety in the draft. I don't think that's a fair judge.

Struggling with mental mistakes and being in a coach's doghouse aren't the same thing. I hope you understand the difference.

If they do their work in free agency, they won't need to take a corner.

That's not true of top guys on the college level. They'll be beat once or twice ... but Marshall was beat repeatedly, illustrating that he is very raw. He's too up-and-down to expect much out of him in 2006. Hopefully the Giants solidy the position with veterans, and won't need to employ a rooke at all.

To just simply not even offer Frankie Walker a contract would be dumb. He has been around for a few years, has made some plays, and has great physical tools...At worst we bring him back for real cheap and he is beat out in camp by another player. If he is brought back he is not a lock to make the team. He would compete in camp with maybe a late round CB or vet we bring in....Competition never hurt anyone...

To just simply not even offer Frankie Walker a contract would be dumb. He has been around for a few years, has made some plays, and has great physical tools...At worst we bring him back for real cheap and he is beat out in camp by another player. If he is brought back he is not a lock to make the team. He would compete in camp with maybe a late round CB or vet we bring in....Competition never hurt anyone...

Yeah exactly. Make guys like Deloatch who I believe should be starting over Walker work harder and get motivated to do better because of guys like Walker looming over him.

Nice to you made it out of reitrement, Pizan...

As for Woodon, I love wearing my Charlie Woodson #2 jersey and doing my Steve Smith impression on the Intramurla Football Field ... but I'd be real cautious bringing him in. His health and character bring up major questions marks.

lol. I'd be cautious too and even though he has struggled with injuries the last 4 seasons, I still think he is one of the better corners in the league. When healthy. I dont think he's going to get that top notch dollar because of his injury concerns, but I can be wrong. I think if we can solidify our depth at corner with a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice, Deloatch, and Webster, as well as Will Peterson maybe even Frank, we can deal with him missing a few games.

We know Woodson hasnt been happy with Oakland, so maybe he hasnt been playing 100%. Health of course but Im talking effort.

But I dont know, I was just throwing his name out there. We've always been Allen supporters, and I still want him back. I still think he might be our best option for CB, at this point.