SportsWrath

Giants sign LB Deon Bucannon

BlueInCanada

I really hope the Browns pull the trigger on a Solder trade.

We get to lose one of the biggest cap hits on the field and a up and down (mostly down) LT, for hopefully a third round pick.

Giants trading Solder is right up there with trading Barkley or Jones

well that's the stupidest thing I've seen in a while.

While not quite Barkley it would be an asinine trade. Who would we start there? Can anyone even name the backup tackle for Solder?

Eventually this team has to look towards building off of what they have instead of shipping pieces out every year. They had the fire sale last year, this year they need to keep the unit intact for the most part. Jenkins would be the only guy id be comfortable trading as he has some viable options behind him.

While not quite Barkley it would be an asinine trade. Who would we start there? Can anyone even name the backup tackle for Solder?

well I'll set aside whether or not it would be asinine for now, but its obviously not even in the same galaxy as trading Barkley or Jones.... those are foundational players. Solder is a stop gap whose compensation relative to the quality of his play is prohibitive to fielding a competitive team. I'm looking at him right now as a trade or cut candidate.

Wouldn't really want to trade him though, but for reasons entirely unrelated to football.... he signed with New York to be close to expert medical care for his son. I think in the interest of decency a trade would be the wrong move.

Eventually this team has to look towards building off of what they have instead of shipping pieces out every year. They had the fire sale last year, this year they need to keep the unit intact for the most part. Jenkins would be the only guy id be comfortable trading as he has some viable options behind him.

Yeah.... Jenkins for sure.

Ogletree maybe too, now that Buchanan is in the fold.

Solder isn't a player to build off of though he's a plug in piece that needs replacement sooner rather than later.

Not to mention he's making top 5 LT money for bottom of the NFL performance.

He's the Eli of the Oline right now.

Now guys like Hernandez, Zeitler and HipHopLapPio is who you keep.

Would it matter this year?

The Oline is already ranked last in every passing metric how much worse could it get?

I'm willing to give a young guy a shot either from the bench, practice squad, FA and see what they can do.

It would be 1/10th the cap space and probably get the same level of play.

He was a former first rounder, with ample statistics and starts to back it up...and he's only 27. Where did his career go wrong that he was a unsigned FA all this time?

stuck behind some talented LBs in Tampa.... hopefully that's the reason.... that's his camp's explanation....

He was a former first rounder, with ample statistics and starts to back it up...and he's only 27. Where did his career go wrong that he was a unsigned FA all this time?

Talk about how he is a scheme player and Tampa has a lot of talent at LB like CD stated.

But if he only fits in Bettys scheme I'm glad we signed him then.

Solder isn't a player to build off of though he's a plug in piece that needs replacement sooner rather than later.

Not to mention he's making top 5 LT money for bottom of the NFL performance.

He's the Eli of the Oline right now.

Now guys like Hernandez, Zeitler and HipHopLapPio is who you keep.

I agree, but there is no reason to trade him mid season with a rookie QB and no one behind him with experience. We dont even have a prospect at tackle right now aside from a 7th rounder. Solder should be a candidate to cut; not a candidate to trade for what maybe a 6th round pick.

I agree, but there is no reason to trade him mid season with a rookie QB and no one behind him with experience. We dont even have a prospect at tackle right now aside from a 7th rounder. Solder should be a candidate to cut; not a candidate to trade for what maybe a 6th round pick.

Cutting Solder isn't an option because then the Giants HAVE to pay out his guaranteed money which gets worse these next two years and puts a bigger dent in all that cap space next offseason.

If we can get a team to take his contract and get value on return why not? At least then we could free up cap space get a pick or two and see what we have on the bench at LT or give a FA a shot. We could pretty much get the same level of play that Solder is playing at by moving Zeitler out there.

Cutting Solder isn't an option because then the Giants HAVE to pay out his guaranteed money which gets worse these next two years and puts a bigger dent in all that cap space next offseason.

If we can get a team to take his contract and get value on return why not? At least then we could free up cap space get a pick or two and see what we have on the bench at LT or give a FA a shot. We could pretty much get the same level of play that Solder is playing at by moving Zeitler out there.

If they can unload the contract and get pick in return I think it seems like a no brainer... but it is concerning that they have no one really on the roster who could step in and play at a competitive level there... if a good player is struggling out there what happens when we toss a body from the trash heap in that spot