SportsWrath

T.O to......the Bills?!?

BlueInCanada

Edwards>Romo you watch to much ESPN Nesta just because every sportscaster on ESPN has a bromance with Romo don't mean hes good, Owens was his safety valve i watched so many wobbly ducks thrown by Romo somehow end up in Owens hands, hes done now Roy Williams may be the most overated WR i have ever seen in my life, at least he still has Witten. Say what you want about Owens numbers dropping but he still drew attention from opposing coordinators, Roy Williams will not draw that much attention, just like us with Plaxico, Dallas will miss his ability to open up running lanes and leave other WR's open

nesta wasn't saying romo is that good- just better than edwards- and i agree, he's a lot better.

Edwards>Romo you watch to much ESPN Nesta just because every sportscaster on ESPN has a bromance with Romo don't mean hes good, Owens was his safety valve i watched so many wobbly ducks thrown by Romo somehow end up in Owens hands, hes done now Roy Williams may be the most overated WR i have ever seen in my life, at least he still has Witten. Say what you want about Owens numbers dropping but he still drew attention from opposing coordinators, Roy Williams will not draw that much attention, just like us with Plaxico, Dallas will miss his ability to open up running lanes and leave other WR's open

lmao. that's very funny. So according to you, Edwards should put up Tony Romo numbers this year, because Owens was the key, and Romo should decline to Edwards hot/cold style of play. 26TD's 11INT's to 11TD's and 10INT's. Stop it.

Look I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone here, maybe more so since I live in Texas, but to say Tony Romo is not a good QB is a bit ridiculous at this point.

nesta wasn't saying romo is that good- just better than edwards- and i agree, he's a lot better.

I'm not saying he's a superstar or anything, but he is good. Certainly much better than Edwards at this point in Edwards career.

So nesta Tony Homo and CC Brown great? Homo might the most overrated Qb to step on to the field more then Tom Brady. if brady went almost anywhere else he would suck. Cassel ganna do jack shit . although part of being good qb in the nfl is getting into the right system that fits you.

You're trippin man.

For Dallas, it's a great move. No longer will Tony Romo have to force the ball to an aging and recently unable to get open Terrell Owens. That team can now gameplan around their real stars like Roy Williams and Jason Witten(and recently, Patrick Crayton) without TO crying every time the ball doesnt go his way 20+ times a game.

For the Bills it's an awful move. Bringing in a 35 year old receiver to a team with an awful quarterback(living in Buffalo, I see way too much of Trent Edwards and he's no better than JP Losman)...and no running game. It's simply a move to draw the fan interest back(they haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years) and keep them in Buffalo instead of moving the team to Canada. Solely a business move.

Terrell Owens have never won a championship. He's never going to win one. And every team he's been on implodes. The Bills would have been better drafting a young guy to come in and learn from their only other good player on offense, Lee Evans.

So nesta Tony Homo and CC Brown great? Homo might the most overrated Qb to step on to the field more then Tom Brady. if brady went almost anywhere else he would suck. Cassel ganna do jack shit . although part of being good qb in the nfl is getting into the right system that fits you.

LMAOOOOO!

Tom Brady is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetime and Tony Romo is Pro Bowl material, just like Eli, ya homer.

You're trippin man.

For Dallas, it's a great move. No longer will Tony Romo have to force the ball to an aging and recently unable to get open Terrell Owens. That team can now gameplan around their real stars like Roy Williams and Jason Witten(and recently, Patrick Crayton) without TO crying every time the ball doesnt go his way 20+ times a game.

For the Bills it's an awful move. Bringing in a 35 year old receiver to a team with an awful quarterback(living in Buffalo, I see way too much of Trent Edwards and he's no better than JP Losman)...and no running game. It's simply a move to draw the fan interest back(they haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years) and keep them in Buffalo instead of moving the team to Canada. Solely a business move.Terrell Owens have never won a championship. He's never going to win one. And every team he's been on implodes. The Bills would have been better drafting a young guy to come in and learn from their only other good player on offense, Lee Evans.

so then it's not an awful move all around. i agree it doesn't make football sense but it will put asses in the seats and draw some national interest.

You're trippin man.

For the Bills it's an awful move. Bringing in a 35 year old receiver to a team with an awful quarterback(living in Buffalo, I see way too much of Trent Edwards and he's no better than JP Losman)...and no running game. It's simply a move to draw the fan interest back(they haven't been to the playoffs in 11 years) and keep them in Buffalo instead of moving the team to Canada. Solely a business move.

Terrell Owens have never won a championship. He's never going to win one. And every team he's been on implodes. The Bills would have been better drafting a young guy to come in and learn from their only other good player on offense, Lee Evans.

I happen to think that Roy Williams is just severely overrated. That not withstanding,

this move is an "addition by subtraction", it's hard to fault the Cowboys for releasing this jack off.

Yes Kay! Tony Romo is the greatest qb to ever walk the errt. And C.C. Brown is the next Ronnie Lott.

My exact words.

Romo's gonna be overrated until he can win in December and January. Brady isn't overrated, he's an overachiever.

Doesn't mean either are not good qb's does it?

OK yes T.O is declining and is a jack off, but Romo is not good other teams are starting to believe that, even last year a few NFC East scouts said they are figuring out Romo's tendecies no more pulling TD's out of his ass (like he has done to us more then once or twice). Owens does still draw attention from opposing coordinators he will be on his best behavior for one year in Buffalo just to get a big pay day next year, he will also get Lee Evans some one on one coverage which he has never seen. Stiil think its a good move for Buffalo and i do now live in western NY and its all Bills here so i least if anything i have a reason to watch to them next year (when the Giants play sunday night or monday night or 4 o clock)

Great, now I need to retrace my steps to the main page to even view this thread...all because darshes complained it was in the Giants section.....do people even post in Everything Sports...?

so then it's not an awful move all around. i agree it doesn't make football sense but it will put asses in the seats and draw some national interest.

I see it more as a cop out, the ole "we can't trust our Front Office to build a marketable, winning team through the draft and well thought out free agent signings so we'll pull an Oakland Raiders and sign a former superstar at the tail end of his career..."

This is why teams like the Bills are the laughingstock of the league...and yet another reason why I love the Giants so much.

And it's almost lose-lose for Buffalo. If Terrell Owens has a great season, you gotta bet he's gonna try to take money elsewhere, and the only thing to look forward to is that if he does shitty, he's only around for one year...

OK yes T.O is declining and is a jack off, but Romo is not good other teams are starting to believe that, even last year a few NFC East scouts said they are figuring out Romo's tendecies no more pulling TD's out of his ass (like he has done to us more then once or twice). Owens does still draw attention from opposing coordinators he will be on his best behavior for one year in Buffalo just to get a big pay day next year, he will also get Lee Evans some one on one coverage which he has never seen. Stiil think its a good move for Buffalo and i do now live in western NY and its all Bills here so i least if anything i have a reason to watch to them next year (when the Giants play sunday night or monday night or 4 o clock)

Bro there's a collossal difference between scouts believing he's no longer the next Brett Favre as all assumed, and believing he's not a GOOD QB. I highly doubt there's is ONE scout in any organization that would dare say Romo is not a GOOD qb.

It's undeniable that he is good. The numbers are there to prove it. The wins are there to prove it. And the team without him, last year, proved it. To say otherwise leads me to believe you might be a bit biased here.

Frankly, saying Edwards is a better QB at this point is a joke, as there is zero evidence to support that statement.

edwards will show flashes from time to time but he turns the ball over like crazy.

Definately. And I'm not just knocking Edwards here. I think he's got a lot of potential, but he's not in Romo's league yet.