SportsWrath

2019 Yankees

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

You do realize that the astros have literally scored all their runs in this series on home runs, right?

Well 95%...the other five due to yankee errors.

How dare you interrupt me when I am on a rant....I could get brain damage if interrupted mid rant.

....okay...I'm better...massively disappointed...but better.

Thanks James.

C.W agon

Me too...its sucks. You watched your team grind out 103 wins..win a tough division while decimated by injuries..just to run into the best team in baseball in the alcs and get beaten....all but the first and 4th game have been close games that the yanks should have won. Which makes losing the series that much more frustrating.

But the astros are the best team in baseball...so i guess if youre going to go out...might as well be to the soon to be world champions

Thry should have had severino pitch game two in Houston and Paxton game three at home.

Paxtons splits..home/away are staggering. He is a beast at yankee Stadium. How the fuck did boone and company not know that?

Oh well..at least theyve made it a little more interesting. But i dont expect another win. One good thing is that at least they didnt get eliminated at home and had to watch the assholes celebrate on our field

Boy...the Astros are REALLY good. I thought the Yanks had them.....had them....2 outs....Chapman...meat of order coming up in top of 10th.

Altuve is a modern day Joe Morgan....just a fucking nails.

I am already looking forward to Spring training though.

On the positive side....you really cant die now....2020 is going to be the year James.

C.Wagon

If they just could have gotten past Altuve in the 9th....they could have hammered Cole...and be up 2 zip on the nats as we speak.

C. Wagon

the offense failed them...especially the bottom 6 of the lineup..they got almost np production from the 4 through 9 batters. Edwin..gary..didi...Gardner...gio...stanton/maybin

The yankees out hit the stros but they didn't come up with the big hits when they counted most.

The rain out hurt them too. They could have swept them....should have had sevy start game two and had paxton start game three at home where he is considerably better

the offense failed them...especially the bottom 6 of the lineup..they got almost np production from the 4 through 9 batters. Edwin..gary..didi...Gardner...gio...stanton/maybin

The yankees out hit the stros but they didn't come up with the big hits when they counted most.

The rain out hurt them too. They could have swept them....should have had sevy start game two and had paxton start game three at home where he is considerably better

Do you think Sanchez can hang on as a Catcher?

I think those past balls were really getting in his head ...and actually impacted his hitting.

The Yankees cant afford to be a team of 1bs and DHs...(Edwin, Bird, Ford, Void...eventually Stanton...eventually Gary...Adjujar...he is a disaster at 3rd.......and there aren't a lot 6'5"...let alone 6' 10" right fielders for a reason....so Judge..especially when only two are lefties and are not the best hitters int he bunch.)......and then play a gold glove 2b at 1st in the playoffs who is B...B- there at best.

The Yankees are good...but wow what a crazy stew they have put together.

Looks like Hicks is out for 10 months on Tommy John so Gardner is safely reupped....

C. Wagon

Do you think Sanchez can hang on as a Catcher?

I think those past balls were really getting in his head ...and actually impacted his hitting.

The Yankees cant afford to be a team of 1bs and DHs...(Edwin, Bird, Ford, Void...eventually Stanton...eventually Gary...Adjujar...he is a disaster at 3rd.......and there aren't a lot 6'5"...let alone 6' 10" right fielders for a reason....so Judge..especially when only two are lefties and are not the best hitters int he bunch.)......and then play a gold glove 2b at 1st in the playoffs who is B...B- there at best.

The Yankees are good...but wow what a crazy stew they have put together.

Looks like Hicks is out for 10 months on Tommy John so Gardner is safely reupped....

C. Wagon

Sanchez is the best offensive catcher in baseball..by far. And he has gotten much better at handling the staff. He is only 26. And he is cheap.

Sanchez is the best offensive catcher in baseball..by far. And he has gotten much better at handling the staff. He is only 26. And he is cheap.

Lets make him the best offensive DH or IB and see how that works out...grab up that kid from the marlins...Realmutto....bet it would result in a 15% increase in Sanchez's production not having to carry the weight mentally and the wear and tear on his body of being catcher.

C. Wagon.

Realmuto was traded to the phillies last offseason. He isnt going anywhere...plus he had a bad year this past season.

They yankees need a catcher though...romine is a free agent and could possibly get a starting gig elsewhere. Catchers are that bad. So you see the absolute privilege it js to have a gary sanchez behind the plate. You only trade gary sanchez for a player that is under 25 and is already a star...like torres. Or a young srater like walker buehler. That's the only way you trade a player like sanchez. Having a catcher than can give you a 900 ops is unheard of. It makes your lineup much better

Realmuto was traded to the phillies last offseason. He isnt going anywhere...plus he had a bad year this past season.

They yankees need a catcher though...romine is a free agent and could possibly get a starting gig elsewhere. Catchers are that bad. So you see the absolute privilege it js to have a gary sanchez behind the plate. You only trade gary sanchez for a player that is under 25 and is already a star...like torres. Or a young srater like walker buehler. That's the only way you trade a player like sanchez. Having a catcher than can give you a 900 ops is unheard of. It makes your lineup much better

I get it....I just miss Jorge....and Munson.

I am just getting old. My Grandfather use to bitch about Yogi / Howard not being as good as Dickey...and my old man used to bitch about Munson not being as good as Howard or Yori. It is part of the aging process.

What is the word on that native american kid that throws both righty and lefty they drafted in the first round a year or so ago.

Romine is ideal as a back up....but if he leaves.... and has a career like Rick Dempsey did somewhere else...after Dempsey got out from behind Munson.....good for him. He deserves it....

C. Wagon

So far its a snoozefest....with much zack grienke man love from john smoltz

Grienke reminds me of Cone for some reason...maybe the Royals connection of the fact he never smiles. Ever.

Stros shit the bed....Grienke was on ....had plenty left...and the lead.....one mistake...still has the lead......and then...they don't bring Cole in.....

Fucking stupid.

Rendon's a free agent...right? :)

C. Wagon

Yup....yanks will have a lot of decisions to make...didi might get a bigger offer from the brewers. But they need to exercise his 16 mil option so they get a first round draft pick from the team that signs him.

Maybe he takes the one year option he has with tha yankees for a show me your better now contract

Yup....yanks will have a lot of decisions to make...didi might get a bigger offer from the brewers. But they need to exercise his 16 mil option so they get a first round draft pick from the team that signs him.

Maybe he takes the one year option he has with tha yankees for a show me your better now contract

Great glove.....great lefty bat when he is on....has some pop too. Torres is competent at SS...but he is no Ozzie Smith....29 is not all that old...unless its a Caribbean 29 and he is really 35. Keep it Gio, Didi, Torres and Void/Bird/DJ/Ford at first Depending on who is healthy..think about moving Stanton and Andujar in at 1st off of DHing. .....rotate DJ through at 3rd, 2nd and 1bs. ....keep Wade and Estrada around in Scranton for when he injury bug bites.

Outfield.....that Hicks kid cannt catch a break. The guy should be Bernie.02.....but Jesus...so....Tauchman/Stanton.....Gardner....Judge/Frazier (is he as big a head case as the press is indicating).....getting Frazier, Stanton and Judge (to a lesser extent) into the DH rotation.

Then.......spent the money on a 1 and 2....and let the rest of the starters duke it out for the 3, 4, and spot starter spots.

Hopefully they dont' go crazy looking of for another big name every day guy...there core is solid as fuck.

C. Wagon

No, frazier is not even close to the headache the media makes him out to be. Hes a good kid...just a little raw...loves to play...gives his all...wants to be great and win.

They have to keep him or trade him for something very good...cause he is goifn ro be 25 and needs a steady gig. He will haunt the yankees of they trade him to nothj4

No, frazier is not even close to the headache the media makes him out to be. Hes a good kid...just a little raw...loves to play...gives his all...wants to be great and win.

They have to keep him or trade him for something very good...cause he is goifn ro be 25 and needs a steady gig. He will haunt the yankees of they trade him to nothj4

Everyone seems to want him.... I havent seen as many games as you but other than that Boston game...his fielding isnt ...awful. He doens't get a great jump on the ball...but he has MLB left field arm...and can run.

I hope he works out...his swing (hands) is Paul Molitor quick.

C. Wagon