SportsWrath

Ummm?

Lughead

Gettleman and Sean Payton. Let Eli play out his contract. Grab that stud RB everyone is talking about. Cut the dead weight off the Oline, and rebuild it through free agency next off season.

BOOM. Superbowl 53.

(BTW, everyone here knows OBJ is never going to be the same, right? I mean, you're all not fooling yourselves into thinking he's going to get the #1 paycheck in the NFL anymore. Right? Trade him for picks. While he may still be worth something.)

Stud RB behind what OLine? A stud OLine can make any RB look good... case in point: Emmit Smith. Dude was trash.

Yeah, I know, but he'll never cut the same running routes. And he certainly won't be worth the title of highest paid in the NFL anymore. Which is good for the cap. I smell Hakeem Nicks 2.0.

I think he'll recover just fine... His injury wasn't the gruesome type where many tissues were fucked beyond repair... with the proper treatment, PT, and conditioning, he'll be just fine...

that's pretty incredible. It looked like a career ender.

an ankle break isn't a career ender... now if soft tissue was torn, then yea... this is not it. I've had a fractured ankle before.. not fun...

Stud RB behind what OLine? A stud OLine can make any RB look good... case in point: Emmit Smith. Dude was trash.

I really wish that was true but Emmitt Smith was the real deal out there.

The draft is so far out I won't even speculate who could be our pick, but it will be a very good one.

I really wish that was true but Emmitt Smith was the real deal out there.

The draft is so far out I won't even speculate who could be our pick, but it will be a very good one.

heh, yeah, he was awesome.... nowhere close to the best in the league though, there were always at least three or four other guys I would have preferred.

Sanders, Curtis Martin, off the top of my head.

Bonus cool points for longevity though, Smith played for a long ass time.

heh, yeah, he was awesome.... nowhere close to the best in the league though, there were always at least three or four other guys I would have preferred.

Sanders, Curtis Martin, off the top of my head.

Bonus cool points for longevity though, Smith played for a long ass time.

Emmit played behind the best OL in football at the time...and for a long time...

This is awesome. One step closer to him being gone

This is only going to further encourage Seph to put those BIll Cowher pics all over the place. I should put Jon Gruden ones up for fun too. Get to look at two guys I don't want coaching the NY Giants.

This is only going to further encourage Seph to put those BIll Cowher pics all over the place. I should put Jon Gruden ones up for fun too. Get to look at two guys I don't want coaching the NY Giants.

Awesome. I call dibbs on Josh McDaniels.

I didn't understand the Sean Payton love... but he's actually got a fantastic winning percentage (.600) as a head coach.

But we're supposed to understand the Bill Cowher love? :rules:

Personally I woudln't want an HC with his name spells cow... just saying.

Sean Payton is 71-41 in domes and 34-31 outdoors.

He should go to the colts. Great qb, no defense, dome home games, no cold weather divisional opponents and a divisional opponent in a dome. Just like what he has now.

Sean Payton is 71-41 in domes and 34-31 outdoors.

He should go to the colts. Great qb, no defense, dome home games, no cold weather divisional opponents and a divisional opponent in a dome. Just like what he has now.

Is this on Sean Payton or the Saints? A team playing in a dome would be have more wins in domes... and less in non domes... and vice versa... The reason the Saints have great success in domes is because most teams don't play in domes... I just don't think using the dome argument is valid...

Is this on Sean Payton or the Saints? A team playing in a dome would be have more wins in domes... and less in non domes... and vice versa... The reason the Saints have great success in domes is because most teams don't play in domes... I just don't think using the dome argument is valid...

Maybe Sean Payton should be helping his team out by simulating weather in the dome...

We're hitting the road for next sunday, turn on the fans boys...

Obviously a team that plays more in a dome will have more dome wins. Thats not the point. The point is hes basically a .500 coach outdoors. He lost to a 7-9 team in the playoffs because the game was played outdoors. His style is not conducive to a team that plays outdoors in the northeast.

And plenty of dome teams can win outdoors. The Peyton Manning colts won a ton of games outdoors. 10 years is a huge sample size and the discrepancy in winning percentage between indoors and outdoors is ridiculous.

Maybe Sean Payton should be helping his team out by simulating weather in the dome...

We're hitting the road for next sunday, turn on the fans boys...

Its his offensive philosophy-it doesnt work outdoors. Theres a reason they only made noise in the playoffs once and its because they had all dome games on the way to the super bowl

Its his offensive philosophy-it doesnt work outdoors. Theres a reason they only made noise in the playoffs once and its because they had all dome games on the way to the super bowl

I was joking before about the fans. Payton isn't the problem with Saints win/loss record indoors/outdoors. That specific issue with the Saints win/loss record predates his tenure with the team. It is similar to warm weather teams playing in the cold and vice versa or that all time theoretical advantage Broncos enjoy playing a mile high.

I agree that Sean Payton's offense might very well not work here as well.