SportsWrath

Can Lowell play short?

Ditto

I know it’s kinda late to find out, but there is no way you want to take either him or Yuke out of the line-up. I don’t deem Lugo that hard to replace, and the only problem I see with Lowell is on relays and double plays.

No. You're up 2-0 in the World Series, you don't start experimenting with guys, especially at SS. Besides, Lugo has been hitting a little bit lately. Taking Youk out of the lineup is a problem, but they're just gonna have to deal with it.

That's a good point about the experimenting, but what do you do if you lose the next two. It's really late for experimenting, then.

Well, I'm assuming that either Papi or Lowell is gonna sit at least one game in Colorado to get Youk in the lineup. Personally, I'd sit all three of them once each so that they all stay fresh, but I hear they do not intend to sit Lowell at all because his glove is too valuable.

Personally, as crazy as sitting the best postseason hitter of the last 5 years sounds, I'd sit Ortiz and go with the defense of Youk and Lowell. I think when you have a 2-0 lead in the series, you put your best defensive lineup out on the field (especially when those guys can hit, too).

Personally, as crazy as sitting the best postseason hitter of the last 5 years sounds, I'd sit Ortiz and go with the defense of Youk and Lowell. I think when you have a 2-0 lead in the series, you put your best defensive lineup out on the field (especially when those guys can hit, too).

I have to agree with that, and I'm glad you said it. You can never gage how many runs good defense are worth.

It's pretty much over now, anyway. Up 3-0 with Beckett waiting in the wings and the Sox bats hotter than they've been all year. I was hoping for a good series this time with the way Col was playing the 2nd half of the season.