SportsWrath

Dave Gettleman diagnosed with Lymphoma

NeMesiS

So sorry to hear Chuck. Its never easy

Thanks Nem.

Hugh......it is curable...but there are alot of moving parts.....the biggest is finding a Bone Marrow donor if the shit makes it through the chemo....and that is not a given.

My friend took forever to find a match....hundreds of folks got listed on the registry for him.

He found a partial....after 8 months (on chemo the whole time brutal, brutal shit)......it took....then there was the 100 day window for it to comeback.

He cleared 100 days....fucking shit came back 110. He said fuck it on more Chemo...(I dont' blame him).....went the "Natural" route with junk medicine....He was dead 4 months later.

C. Wagon

Thanks Nem.

Hugh......it is curable...but there are alot of moving parts.....the biggest is finding a Bone Marrow donor if the shit makes it through the chemo....and that is not a given.

My friend took forever to find a match....hundreds of folks got listed on the registry for him.

He found a partial....after 8 months (on chemo the whole time brutal, brutal shit)......it took....then there was the 100 day window for it to comeback.

He cleared 100 days....fucking shit came back 110. He said fuck it on more Chemo...(I dont' blame him).....went the "Natural" route with junk medicine....He was dead 4 months later.

C. Wagon

sorry to hear that Chuck.

I know chemotherapy is an motherfucker. I can only imagine..I take some pretty strong psych meds..chemoesque...but not even close..I should not have even compared the two. But I get awful side effects from meds that make me want to stop taking them and wanting to die when the side effects are at their worst.

What a horrible thing to happen to your friend. I have a knot in my stomach after reading that.

Fuck cancer...and neurological diseases.

sorry to hear that Chuck.

I know chemotherapy is an motherfucker. I can only imagine..I take some pretty strong psych meds..chemoesque...but not even close..I should not have even compared the two. But I get awful side effects from meds that make me want to stop taking them and wanting to die when the side effects are at their worst.

What a horrible thing to happen to your friend. I have a knot in my stomach after reading that.

Fuck cancer...and neurological diseases.

Fuck migraines :angry:

Thanks Nem.

C. Wagon

Jesus... chemo is so hard. I dont blame him either.