SportsWrath

Your choice for the Giants head coaching position is......

JMFP

Give a name and a reason.

Me: Patricia

Why: Everything I've read about this guy tells me he is the closest thing the Giants will ever get to 1990 Bill Belichick.

Saban and Belichick are pipe dreams, and have a limited shelf life even if the stars aligned (and they won't).

Why not: 1990 Bill Belichick had some rough sledding in Cleveland. Is Patricia better equipped in 2018 to handle the Giants than Belichick was in 1990 with the Browns?

Verdict: The Giants have a 2nd round draft pick, an improved front office, and have Eli Manning looking to end his career on a high note. 2017 was a freak show, but this is a team that still has some very solid pieces. Eli can still play, and has playmakers. With some blockers, and a workhouse running back, this team gets back into the playoff hunt in one season.

The decision of George Young to let Belichick go to Cleveland was the single worst, most short sighted decision he ever made. Patricia over the long term looks like a blue chip deal. He is my choice (especially with Chucky heading back to the Raiders).

Didn't Belichick and Coughlin leave after the Super Bowl, then me-first Parcells left in June due to "health reasons," which he then miraculously overcame to coach for 3 more teams?

I single handedly blame that asshole for sticking us with Handley.

Didn't Belichick and Coughlin leave after the Super Bowl, then me-first Parcells left in June due to "health reasons," which he then miraculously overcame to coach for 3 more teams?

I single handedly blame that asshole for sticking us with Handley.

Sort of, but not really.... I will explain below.

Parcels and Young were in a pissing contest over control and credit. Parcels did not forget when Young was courting Bo Schembechler when Parcells went 3-12-1 and both his parents died.

In turn, Young had zero interest in Belichick... he thought he lacked the personality needed for head coach. When both Belichick and Coughlin split, he made no move to keep them.

Sort of, but not really.... I will explain below.

Parcels and Young were in a pissing contest over control and credit. Parcels did not forget when Young was courting Bo Schembechler when Parcells went 3-12-1 and both his parents died.

In turn, Young had zero interest in Belichick... he thought he lacked the personality needed for head coach. When both Belichick and Coughlin split, he made no move to keep them.

So you're saying a GM's ego worked to the detriment of the organization for years? Where have I heard that before?

My favorite is Frank Reich. He's got a pretty good track record as OC and positions coach, has coached QBs and receivers and has been OC on some good offensive ball clubs. I have heard he gets a lot of credit for his work with Wentz and particularly if we draft a QB, he would have added value.

My second is probably Shurmur, for pretty much the same reasons, with the added benefit of already having the "first time head coaches always suck" experience.

I am intrigued buy Patricia, but that coaching tree sucks.