SportsWrath

DVR Time

JMFP

Sorry but I can go to a local high school game if I wanted to watch this crap live.

Until this team gets to .500 I'm going to tape the game and do something else with my time....it's just not fun watching this team play anymore....it seems like more of an obligation....like visiting sone asshole relative.

I love Sundays and watching any game I can (thank you NFL redzone) I still love the game that I grew up playing.

After cheering on teams like the Blue Jays, Raptors and even the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, I've become accustom to losing seasons and hopeless causes.

Maybe you just don't like the NFL anymore, have you tried tennis?

I love Sundays and watching any game I can (thank you NFL redzone) I still love the game that I grew up playing.

After cheering on teams like the Blue Jays, Raptors and even the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, I've become accustom to losing seasons and hopeless causes.

Maybe you just don't like the NFL anymore, have you tried tennis?

I don't like the NFL any more.

this flagfest tonight isn't helping the NFL's cause. i didn't expect the giants to do well this season so i can stomach the games--last year i thought we could make the playoffs so it was much harder

It was awful. I sat there thinking.... What the fuck am I watching, and why?

The game is lame now

Sorry but I can go to a local high school game if I wanted to watch this crap live.

Until this team gets to .500 I'm going to tape the game and do something else with my time....it's just not fun watching this team play anymore....it seems like more of an obligation....like visiting sone asshole relative.

See you in two weeks... .500, here we come!

:LMAO:

My oldest Son's Pee Wee team has games at 1:00 so I was coaching. I had set the DVR, but when I got in the car it was 4th quarter and Giants were up 14-13. I was shocked and raced home to watch the end of the game. Between our home field and my couch... Cruz drops that first pass (Pappa and Banks were all over him about that drop) the punt return (Banks sounded like he was going to suit up and take the field) then the fucking fumble on the return and following field goal. I turned on the TV to see Cruz second drop. So I never watched the first 3 Qtrs, not sure I want to knowing the way they fell apart. Maybe it was my fault for turning on the radio at that point?

My oldest Son's Pee Wee team has games at 1:00 so I was coaching. I had set the DVR, but when I got in the car it was 4th quarter and Giants were up 14-13. I was shocked and raced home to watch the end of the game. Between our home field and my couch... Cruz drops that first pass (Pappa and Banks were all over him about that drop) the punt return (Banks sounded like he was going to suit up and take the field) then the fucking fumble on the return and following field goal. I turned on the TV to see Cruz second drop. So I never watched the first 3 Qtrs, not sure I want to knowing the way they fell apart. Maybe it was my fault for turning on the radio at that point?

For the first time in ages, I had a glimpse that maybe the Giants would hold it together and come away with a win......but instead, it's a fucking carnival of errors. I sat there watching it, and then thought to myself "you are really a fucking moron to be sitting here watching this crap when it's a beautiful day outside."

I've had enough of losing in general, and in particular, I've had enough of watching the team lose through absolute fucking stupidity.

I hear ya, man. I've said it before... if football weekends weren't such a big deal in my family, I wouldn't watch either. This product is terrible.

Well, that's it. They've changed to the rules to the point where they should just pull the defense off the field.

I watch it on my laptop, or listen to it rather...and I game in the mean time.

No time to watch the shit product for real.

Join me...and together we shall rule the galaxy... It used to be a tradition here as the Giants were losing I would spark up a video game and start chatting up with the rest of the gamers... here. Maybe its a tradition I need to revise...

I really think the NFL is catering to a mainstream audience, similar to the same trend in video games. This comes at the expense of alienating it's hardcore fanbase, the consumers that form the backbone of their product. I'd like to say it's not sustainable business and that eventually, they will tell officials to back off a little bit on the penalties, especially illegal contact, as they start to lose viewership, jersey sales, and season ticket sales. But I don't truly believe that....if, or when the hardcore base erodes, there will be millions of casual fans replacing those consumers to pick up season tickets and Adrian Peterson jerseys/ Nor do I think that the hardcore fanbase would ever actually leave enough to put a dent in any of those areas or even to force the officiating change. The NFL has become such a bloated, out of control monster that teams could go out there put on a synchronized ballet (which isn't fucking far from what it has become, the fucking sissies), the commentators could make fart noises all game, and the refs could put on puppet shows during penalties and people would still watch, because well, it's football.

I second this tradition.

Yeah man I miss it... we had a Dude on here (Lubek) who has not posted in a while...not since the last SuperBowl... we used to chat online on the Total War forums regarding Rome, Medieval II, Empire, (we talked at the time it was a Bug Meister's Mess... :P ), Napoleon and Shogun II Total War games. I think RpH guy was one of the participants. Right now I am playing Crusader Kings II; Europa Universalis IV and Rome Total War II. I have tons of games on my Steam Account such as the various European Conflict games that are modern 3D games of a late 80's style conflict between the Warsaw Pact and NATO countries. It would be something to distract us from the debacles on the screen if the outcome goes south on us... :P