SportsWrath

Anyone Who Blames Eli

carl 1010

Eli played great today. I don't care what the stat sheet says... one pick was on a tip and the other was in garbage time.

If the special teams didn't gift wrap 10 points to the Cardinals, we're probably winning this game.

On the bright side, our special teams coach really IS one handsome sumbitch.

SSpecial teams, Cruz, Jennings. In that order.

If Cruz catches the ball, the punt return from Ginn never happens and holy shit we had to put Herzlich in, who may be the slowest person in the NFL. There is probably 330 nose tackles that are faster then Herzlich

People still talk about Cruz like he's a top receiver, maybe it's cause his QB sucks, or maybe he's just not that good

Andre Johnson still put up stupid numbers with David Carr and that shitty Oline.

Then he did it with Matt Shaub.

Cruz works best when he isnt the defenses focus, so in other words he's a slot WR, trying to play and make #1 money.

"@Patricia_Traina: Scary fact: --WR Victor Cruz has now gone 12 games without catching a touchdown pass. ..."

Scary fact? Simply stating a fact or insinuating more? See I don't understand how Eli gets a pass last season for not throwing TD passes because of a bad OLine but Cruz doesn't get a pass for not catching TDs.. And to be honest I hardly look at Cruz as a TD monger. To me he's the player that makes plays with the ball in his hands, I'm much more concerned with that.

I don't blame Eli solely for this loss at all. Although I'm generally pleased with the progress, the WHOLE team remains inconsistent. Cruz and Eli just aren't on the same page. A few of those passes were just a little too far for Cruz to reach. Donnell made some nice grabs that bailed Eli out but he also has a much wider catch radius then Cruz. Just something to think about.

For this loss is completely out of his/her mind. I have never seen such crap out of special teams. Never seen dropped balls like this. Just unreal! And such a good job by the refs too!

Agreed.

The new rules suck, they want this to become the NBA.

Eli played well, and the offensive line protected well against the pass .

To many mistakes....the dumb team lost

I'm not blaming ng this one on Eli but that INT was all on him. It was tipped, but tipped because he tried to throw it through defensive lineman... There was no window, he might've tried to go over them but he didn't. It was as puzzling a pass as it was poor.

It's a foregone conclusion....EVERY tipped pass is intercepted

I'm not blaming ng this one on Eli but that INT was all on him. It was tipped, but tipped because he tried to throw it through defensive lineman... There was no window, he might've tried to go over them but he didn't. It was as puzzling a pass as it was poor.

Looked like a low pass that hit the lineman in front of him

True but it was on a tip. I can't fault him too much for it.

I blame Cruz for the three drops much more than Eli.

If I recall correctly there were quite a few cardinals around the intended receiver anyway... those gambles always bit us in the ass.... and as I stated Cruz dropped the first.. the 2nd pass could've gone either way and the 3rd was way out of his reach.. I don't be the "if you touch it, you should catch it" line...