SportsWrath

Eli Manning Sucks!

jranieli

In a dysfunctional offense, the guy holding the ball, trying to make plays, will always look the worst. Things would not have looked much, if any, differently with another QB. Give him an OL that can block, receivers who can get open (and catch the ball) and you'd be amazed how much better Eli suddenly gets.

agreed. every single one of our offensive problems dating back to week 1 of last year can be traced back to the o-line. if you aren't a mobile qb then even the great ones suck under a ton of durress. it's why wilson and luck still played well with crap o-lines and it's why we saw peyton get demolished in the supebowl last year and why we did what we did to brady in the superbowl.

Yeah, I'm not giving up on him yet. He's done too many great things in mediocre situations... if the pass protection can just be average, I think we'll see him play the way we expect.

I'm more concerned that they're asking a guy who is special on the intermediate to deep throws to play a long hand off game; the touch on the short throws is the one area that he's never been good at.

Eli doesnt suck .....yet......but he is in decline for sure .

Some of his accuracy appears to have gone ....and some of his decision making is down right embarassing.

Im fed up with his bloody excuses in press conferences too .....same old drivel.

Time to draft our next franchise QB perhaps .....Nassib is not the answer

Some of his accuracy appears to have gone ....and some of his decision making is down right embarassing.

Im fed up with his bloody excuses in press conferences too .....same old drivel.

We certainly don't know that for sure.

three or four weeks ago ....most of us on this board were not even sure that Nassib would make the 53 man roster .............let alone be the next Messiah

Pre-Preseason I may have been his biggest or only supporter, and now it feels like I'm one of the only Eli supporters. (I know I'm not, but it can feel that way with all the elibashing.)

three or four weeks ago ....most of us on this board were not even sure that Nassib would make the 53 man roster .............let alone be the next Messiah

Did you watch any of preseason, dude? Nassib played leaps and bounds above Eli in this offense and led 2 or 3 game winning drives.

I think his accuracy is the same. He lacks the playmakers who used to bail him out. I'd say he's pretty lost at this point.

We've seen him throw high and behind crossing receivers for years; to Nicks (He's lazy!), to Randle (He's out of position!) and last week to Donnell (He's...a fucking massive target.) The shitty OLine doesn't help any but a lot of those throws were pressure-free. Of most concern to me are the uncatchable corner endzone passes that used to be his bread and butter.

I think his accuracy is the same. He lacks the playmakers who used to bail him out. I'd say he's pretty lost at this point.

Exactly. It was never there, he had Burress(6'5) Toomer(6'3) and both could out muscle defenders for the ball. This hit a receiver in stride on a short slant is never going to work with Eli

We've seen him throw high and behind crossing receivers for years; to Nicks (He's lazy!), to Randle (He's out of position!) and last week to Donnell (He's...a fucking massive target.) The shitty OLine doesn't help any but a lot of those throws were pressure-free. Of most concern to me are the uncatchable corner endzone passes that used to be his bread and butter.

This is why the I agree with Gilbride's assessment that was posted on here a few weeks ago. This whole McAdoo experiment seems like a square peg with round hole. I hope Eli gets better because as a Giants fan I want the team to succeed but this is one of the few seasons where I agree with the gloom crowd. This is not looking good.

Well he's no Jesse Palmer but he's at least shown he's not the flaming wreck we once thought.

Wonder if that fat guy is still available....Lorenzen, he was tearing it up in AFL2 before his leg exploded under his massive fatness.

Is it OK if I hang around here and say mean things about the gints?