SportsWrath

Eli Manning Sucks!

jranieli

Eli already earned his stripes... and one or two throws that leaves fans scratching their heads almost on every game is to be expected... and what is it about our INTs... we always have a freak pass that would have no business being intercepted but it does...

New system... Shaky OL... no true #1 WR (I don't know but I'm even more mad at Nicks' situation)... Too early to wish a good draft position?

right, that's who we're talking about. the people with short memories

But it's important not to label all Eli critics as having short memories. Eli's play has many becoming more critical with each game to the point where it brings into question whether it was Eli's play or the play of those around him that took us to the playoffs/won the two SBs.

So while many remember the throws Eli made, the play changes he's made, the escapes from sacks...they should be questioning whether it was the players around Eli that allowed much of that to happen, or whether it was Eli himself. Further, they should question, if it was Eli that made those plays successful, whether he still has that ability.

Eli already earned his stripes... and one or two throws that leaves fans scratching their heads almost on every game is to be expected... and what is it about our INTs... we always have a freak pass that would have no business being intercepted but it does...

New system... Shaky OL... no true #1 WR (I don't know but I'm even more mad at Nicks' situation)... Too early to wish a good draft position?

Again, Eli has pulled off some impressive plays...but like I just said, you have to wonder how much that was dependent on those around him and how much of it fell on Eli's shoulders. Regarding the two interceptions from the Detroit game, Eli's admitted they were poor decisions. I wouldn't call either of those freak passes. Sure, the defenders made good plays to keep the ball from hitting the ground and such, but the interceptions were on Eli.

As for Nicks...I have no interest in a player who seemingly half-asses it. I'd rather have a less talented guy who gives 100%. There were plays where it seemed Nicks wasn't going full speed. There were plays where it didn't look like Nicks was giving a full effort to come back for a ball. I'd say the same things about Cruz in the Detroit game. He had at least two drops in situations where he was going to get hit. Alligator arms, I think they call it. So yeah, I'm not all that sad that Nicks is gone. I will admit, that I thought Randle would have stepped more into that role than what he has...but I've mentioned in another thread that Randle doesn't seem to fit this new offense. Randle doesn't appear to be the guy who is going to get off the line quick, into a space, to make something happen in the open field. Nicks really didn't seem to fit either. Both, to me anyhow, seemed to be guys who ran a route and went up to fight for the ball, using their bodies to shield off defenders. Making catches in traffic or getting open on longer routes given they are longer-stride runners. With OBJ being a quicker guy, I think he'll fit much better than Randle ever will.

I'm not going to write off the season yet, but it certainly does seem like a long road at this point. I'm hopeful, and I'll watch every game regardless, but they best get their stuff together awfully soon.

Again, Eli has pulled off some impressive plays...but like I just said, you have to wonder how much that was dependent on those around him and how much of it fell on Eli's shoulders. Regarding the two interceptions from the Detroit game, Eli's admitted they were poor decisions. I wouldn't call either of those freak passes. Sure, the defenders made good plays to keep the ball from hitting the ground and such, but the interceptions were on Eli.

As for Nicks...I have no interest in a player who seemingly half-asses it. I'd rather have a less talented guy who gives 100%. There were plays where it seemed Nicks wasn't going full speed. There were plays where it didn't look like Nicks was giving a full effort to come back for a ball. I'd say the same things about Cruz in the Detroit game. He had at least two drops in situations where he was going to get hit. Alligator arms, I think they call it. So yeah, I'm not all that sad that Nicks is gone. I will admit, that I thought Randle would have stepped more into that role than what he has...but I've mentioned in another thread that Randle doesn't seem to fit this new offense. Randle doesn't appear to be the guy who is going to get off the line quick, into a space, to make something happen in the open field. Nicks really didn't seem to fit either. Both, to me anyhow, seemed to be guys who ran a route and went up to fight for the ball, using their bodies to shield off defenders. Making catches in traffic or getting open on longer routes given they are longer-stride runners. With OBJ being a quicker guy, I think he'll fit much better than Randle ever will.

I'm not going to write off the season yet, but it certainly does seem like a long road at this point. I'm hopeful, and I'll watch every game regardless, but they best get their stuff together awfully soon.

These are all great points.

If the offensive line can gel and play a little better, I think it'll fix a lot of the offense's problems.

These are all great points.

If the offensive line can gel and play a little better, I think it'll fix a lot of the offense's problems.

Absolutely. A little more success in the running game and a little more time for JJ and RR to get open would go a long, long way.

I wanted to mention too, that Detroit has arguably the best defensive line in football going up against our...well...not-the-best-offensive-line-in-football. So that's even more of a reason not to write things off just yet. But, Arizona and Houston, the next two games on the schedule, have boast-worthy defensive lines of their own that we'll have to deal with.

Absolutely. A little more success in the running game and a little more time for JJ and RR to get open would go a long, long way.

I wanted to mention too, that Detroit has arguably the best defensive line in football going up against our...well...not-the-best-offensive-line-in-football. So that's even more of a reason not to write things off just yet. But, Arizona and Houston, the next two games on the schedule, have boast-worthy defensive lines of their own that we'll have to deal with.

I'm honestly afraid that Watt is going to kill Eli, honestly the guy is 6ft7ft12ft10 and looks like he could step into an MMA ring with the best of them.

The guy's a fucking monster and I'm afraid he's going to fuck Beatty then give Eli the sloppy seconds.

People bringing up new system, but Eli wasn't good the last two years in Gilbride's system he was familar with. The Daily news brought up which needs to go or does go...The west coast offense or Eli and the some of the other personnel from the old offense. We touched on it another thread too...has Reese been bad at drafting or have the coaches not gotten the most out of those draft picks. Really I think it's both, I mean what are you supposed to do with a Randle, Robinson, Brewer?

Fact is, eli has done a lot for us, but it doesnt prevent the fact that he may suck now. New offense or not, some of decisions the last 2 years have been very poor. Hes the leader, he is the guy who has to stand up in tough times and he hasnt done a good job recently with that.

I'm honestly afraid that Watt is going to kill Eli, honestly the guy is 6ft7ft12ft10 and looks like he could step into an MMA ring with the best of them.

The guy's a fucking monster and I'm afraid he's going to fuck Beatty then give Eli the sloppy seconds.

Fortunately, what's-his-nuts-number-one-pick-Clowney got hurt and likely won't be there to bookend Watt....not that it matters, because Beatty has sucked hardcore for a while now. I keep seeing networks flashing the consecutive start streak that Eli is on and immediately think of our shitty offensive line and how quickly that start streak may get snapped.

Fortunately, what's-his-nuts-number-one-pick-Clowney got hurt and likely won't be there to bookend Watt....not that it matters, because Beatty has sucked hardcore for a while now. I keep seeing networks flashing the consecutive start streak that Eli is on and immediately think of our shitty offensive line and how quickly that start streak may get snapped.

Watt had 10.5 sacks last year, a huge drop from 2012. Not sure why that happened but we have more pressing things to worry about. He's a white DE who gets to be in commercials. I am not impressed.

What was that guy's name again...Hick...Hickory...Dicks... Hicks...Hickson...can't quite remember...it gets dim going back 12 months... :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:

i only remember manningham from that year even though his catch came on 1st and 10 with 3 minutes left in the game. forget about the fact that nixon did everything else the rest of the drive including putting us at the 4 yard line. that manningham though, wow what a giants legend, so glad we brought him back

i only remember manningham from that year even though his catch came on 1st and 10 with 3 minutes left in the game. forget about the fact that nixon did everything else the rest of the drive including putting us at the 4 yard line. that manningham though, wow what a giants legend, so glad we brought him back

Also... and I don't give a fuck what anyone says... he was NOT a crook.

Thanks Brah...the memory it be fading... Miraculous Manningham...that's the man... :) That other guy...well if he were ever worth anything he would still be on the time...right? :confused:

Watt had 10.5 sacks last year, a huge drop from 2012. Not sure why that happened but we have more pressing things to worry about. He's a white DE who gets to be in commercials. I am not impressed.

He's the best defensive player in the league. I have no doubt that Eli will be introducted to Mr. Watt rather frequently.