SportsWrath

Will Beatty

Sephiroth

on a few occasions I saw a pulling offensive lineman miss the Lions player and block another Giants offensive lineman. It was like an episode of the Three Stooges out there.

I saw a some reason for hope elsewhere... (the D looks like it might be okay as long as they don't have to cover Calvin Johnson).. but the offensive line was so bad, even worse than I expected.

on a few occasions I saw a pulling offensive lineman miss the Lions player and block another Giants offensive lineman. It was like an episode of the Three Stooges out there.

I saw a some reason for hope elsewhere... (the D looks like it might be okay as long as they don't have to cover Calvin Johnson).. but the offensive line was so bad, even worse than I expected.

Unfortunately, when Robert Ayers is your best pass rusher, you're pretty much fucked, though. They did well against Bush and Bell, but then again, not really when it actually counted and they had a chance to come back.

With all due respect, that's fucking Suh, Fairley and Insah on that d-line. It's not puff pastry coming at you.

Problem is, you have no running backs or tight ends chipping in at all. The offensive line seemed confused by the offense as well.

To be fair the whole offense was confused. Clearly need to go back to basics.

That's one thing I didnt understand as the game went on, the offense started to click after putting up 14 points then all of a sudden Eli is waving his arms around and trying to make shadow puppets on the field.

If this is a new offensive scheme and everyone is still learning it, why let Eli (designed or not) be able to change the play so drastically that players have no idea if it's even a run or pass, like when Eli rolled out and the WRs went up field blocking expecting a run.

With all due respect, that's fucking Suh, Fairley and Insah on that d-line. It's not puff pastry coming at you.

Problem is, you have no running backs or tight ends chipping in at all. The offensive line seemed confused by the offense as well.

True....the pastry was our left fucking tackle

That's one thing I didnt understand as the game went on, the offense started to click after putting up 14 points then all of a sudden Eli is waving his arms around and trying to make shadow puppets on the field.

If this is a new offensive scheme and everyone is still learning it, why let Eli (designed or not) be able to change the play so drastically that players have no idea if it's even a run or pass, like when Eli rolled out and the WRs went up field blocking expecting a run.

Fair point....I really don't want Eli changing anything at this stage....run the fucking play

All top 15 picks. All productive. Wouldn't that be nice?

The line sucks and it's 100% Reese's fault

Sad thing is if David Diehl was still on the roster he would have started tonight.....what does that tell you ?

Yep.

This guy has given us 5 starters in the past 5 drafts. Its pretty obvious who needs to go.

They did get those guys for a reason, the Lions have sucked ass more than we have the last few years.

It's still hard to nail pretty much all of your first round draft picks, even high draft picks, though, Boo. When you do that, it's really only a matter of time until your team gels and catches up to itself experience-wise. I just think the Giants haven't had that in probably the last 5+ years. We've been relying far too heavily on additions from other teams and when you do that, it's like your starting over each and every year.

It's still hard to nail pretty much all of your first round draft picks, even high draft picks, though, Boo. When you do that, it's really only a matter of time until your team gels and catches up to itself experience-wise. I just think the Giants haven't had that in probably the last 5+ years. We've been relying far too heavily on additions from other teams and when you do that, it's like your starting over each and every year.

Honestly, Reese hasn't had a good draft since 2008... unless you count two good players as a "good" draft.

Honestly, Reese hasn't had a good draft since 2008... unless you count two good players as a "good" draft.

Agree the guy been trying to secretly build a future o line from 2009 with shit drafts in the late rounds. Trying to struck gold but Nothing from those picks did any good and it's been two seasons of BS blocking already.

This... its obvious that he is still channeling Saint Gilbride's system...its almost akin to learning a foreign language at first all you are doing is translating internally...and that takes time...but when you have finally mastered the language it just flows...

It was a rough first outing and it's entirely at the feet of the offensive line.

Defensively, we essentially stopped the run. We didn't do shit on Calvin Johnson, but who does?

Offensively, the extra preseason game didn't do much apparently. The line is terrible at this point. Pugh can hold his own, we've seen that. Richburg, well, it was his first outing...so I can't bitch too much on him. But the other 3 guys...wow was that pretty poor.

Now, I'm not about to cash in the season after 1 game mainly due to the fact that it WAS the first game and it WAS against arguably the best defensive line in football. We've got Arizona up next and it'll be another opportunity to work on the things that clearly, still need a ton of work.

The line sucks and it's 100% Reese's fault

Sad thing is if David Diehl was still on the roster he would have started tonight.....what does that tell you ?

I've had it with Reese. Drives me nuts that he takes a wr in the first round when our ol is in complete shambles. What good does a wr do if Eli has no time at all to pass? This is the worst giants team I've seen in a decade. There are maybe 6-10 players I'd keep and the rest can go

I've had it with Reese. Drives me nuts that he takes a wr in the first round when our ol is in complete shambles. What good does a wr do if Eli has no time at all to pass? This is the worst giants team I've seen in a decade. There are maybe 6-10 players I'd keep and the rest can go

We just had a fairly large overhaul this past offseason, but the guys we brought in haven't lived up to expectations. I think that's the biggest issue.

I agree wholeheartedly that OBJ was a luxury pick when Zack Martin was available. It's water under the bridge at this point and I try not to relive it, but if we're talking about what's wrong with this team, drafting and talent evaluation, are paramount.

And as done as your are with Reese, I'm getting awfully close to that same place with Eli. Certainly, he has the ability to lead and be successful, but he also has to be smarter with the football. A few of the throws that were NOT intercepted last night, very well could have been had they been against a defense whose secondary WASN'T depleted by injury. A game like last night against a quality defense would've been a 4 pick night. I will not be surprised to see another 20+ interception season and it won't be long before I accept the fact that INTs will outnumber TDs. Eli hangs on because he's the franchise QB and we should see what he can do behind a competant offensive line, but I would not want to see any sort of extension at this point.