SportsWrath

Davis Webb wavied.

BlueInCanada

Sorry Nas.

NFL teams had until noon Sunday to place waiver claims on eligible players who were cut by their teams on Saturday. The New York Giants have the No. 2 priority on the waiver list, behind only the Cleveland Browns. GM Dave Gettleman had promised that the Giants would work the waiver wire to try and improve. Apparently, he meant what he said.

Per Albert Breer, the Giants were VERY busy, claiming six players.

And we have our first corresponding move: The Giants have waived quarterback Davis Webb.

Quarterback Davis Webb is being waived, per source. Stunning move. Third round pick last year. Played well throughout summer.

Giants' 6 waiver claims (I read it wrong as 7 the first time): WR Kaelin Clay, DE Mario Edwards, DB Antonio Hamilton, DB Michael Jordan, DB Kamrin Moore, C Spencer Pulley. Guess Gettleman wasn't wild about Reese's roster.

Let’s see what we know about each of these players. These are unofficial and the corresponding moves are not yet known, as six players who made the initial roster will now be losing jobs.

DE Mario Edwards

Mario Edwards was a 2015 second-round pick by the Raiders. He played in 30 games with 24 starts over four seasons, accumulating 5.5 sacks and 53 tackles.

usa_today_10378896.jpgKaelin Clay with the Carolina Panthers. Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

WR/KR Kaelin Clay

A sixth-round pick by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2015, Clay has played in regular-season games for the Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills and Carolina Panthers. He has only 6 career receptions.

Clay is primarily a return man. He has averaged 9.4 yards on 42 career punt returns, and 23.2 yards on 17 kickoff returns. This could be bad news for Hunter Sharp.

DB Antonio Hamilton

A 6-foot, 190-pound cornerback who played in 12 games the past two seasons for the Oakland Raiders. He initially made the Oakland roster an an undrafted free agent after playing at South Carolina State.

CB Michael Jordan

A 6-foot-1, 200-pound cornerback, he played in five games for the Rams in 2016 and 15 games for the Cleveland Browns last season. He has made a total of three NFL starts.

DB Kamrin Moore

A 5-11, 200-pound rookie, Moore was a sixth-round pick by the New Orleans Saints.

C Spencer Pulley

This is likely bad news for either veteran John Greco or rookie Evan Brown. Pulley, 25, started all 16 games for the Los Angeles Chargers a season ago. Perhaps he will eventually challenge Jon Halapio for the starting role.

Forgot link https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/9/2/17811998/new-york-giants-roster-moves-6-players-claimed-on-waivers-mario-edwards-kaelin-clay-more

Glad to see Sharp should get the boot.

Surprised they couldnt offload Webb to some team even for like a fourth round pick.

Tanney and Lulu backing up Manning, let's hope he doesnt die.

The reactions are like if we cut Strahan in his prime

Yeah the media is having fun with it too.

"They didnt draft Darnold and wavied their next franchise QB in Webb, if they dont win the SB this year they are gonna suck for the next 30"

Muh fucker Getty and Shurmur are building the team they want.

Some twitter post had an info graphic, since 2008 not a single third round pick of JRs made it longer than three years or something on the team.

Its amazing we didnt finish bottom five more often with the amount of busts he picked. But I guess the picks he did hit on were big time home runs plus we had a franchise qb that whole time

I don't get it either. Webb clearly looked better than Lauletta or Tanney, and had virtually no cap hit. He also had a strong arm and supreme work ethic from all reports.

This is my first real head-scratching move of the Gettleman era.

I don't get it either. Webb clearly looked better than Lauletta or Tanney, and had virtually no cap hit. He also had a strong arm and supreme work ethic from all reports.

This is my first real head-scratching move of the Gettleman era.

I've said it before, Webb was a MacAdoodoo guy, Shurmur and Getty both wanted someone different backing up Eli since they drafted Lulu.

I mean in all reality neither Webb or Lalaluluette are going to start in the NFL at any point outside of catastrophic injuries to whatever team they are on.