SportsWrath

Beckham "could" be out for three weeks.

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386626/article/odell-beckham-could-be-out-three-more-weeks

Odell Beckham could be out three more weeks
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  • print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Sept. 1, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 1, 2014 at 06:06 p.m.

Jon Beason is back on the field with the New York Giants.

One week ahead of the team's regular-season opener, the veteran linebacker returned to practiceMonday after missing all of training camp with a foot injury.

0ap3000000386637.jpg

New York on Monday listed Jameel McClain at starting middle linebacker on the team's first official depth chart, but he's simply a placeholder for Beason, who started 11 games for the Giantslast year after spending his first seven seasons with the Carolina Panthers.

Rookie Odell Beckham's recovery is less hopeful, with the wide receiver limited to stretching with the team and side work with a trainer during the session. With just three more practices before next Monday night's tilt with the Detroit Lions, Beckham likely would need to practice Thursday, Friday and Saturday to be cleared in time for Week 1. Coach Tom Coughlin doesn't sound hopeful:

"I doubt that very much," Coughlin said Monday, per Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. "He may be a couple, three weeks away."

In a draft class littered with intriguing talent at the wideout spot, Beckham has failed to make an impact this summer. At this point, the Giants are wise to take their time and get the first-rounder healthy before putting him into games that count.

So what the fuck happened to this guy? I know I read that he got kicked in his leg during one practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386626/article/odell-beckham-could-be-out-three-more-weeks

So what the fuck happened to this guy? I know I read that he got kicked in his leg during one practice.

More like the Giants don't know how NOT TO FUCK with hamstring injuries... How many times you heard the guy is back practicing lightly or some sort of dumb shit like that...

We got a guard in Richburg though.

I just don't understand why every WR the Giants draft end up missing time, what the fuck does the conditioning staff even do?

It's actually not that hard at all.. I expect college kids to be hot heads... many of us (at least I know I did) never bothered to really stretch.. if I did it was like for 20 seconds... till that one fucking time when my hamstring buckled on me and it was some of the worst pain... now I know better (shit I stopped playing football altoghether as of 2012)... but we see this shit on the Giants time and again... it's not just conditionining to avoid the injury in the first place, it's also the fact that when someone is injured, they need to fucking heal fully first before being asked to practice or get on the fucking treadmill.

Honestly, why the fuck we didn't pick Zack Martin is beyond me.

Yep yep...I would've easily gone Zack Martin AND Westburg in the draft. And sure, I'd have expected growing pains this season...starting those two guys along a 2nd year guy in Pugh. I'd essentially go into this season getting those 3 experience, training, and everything they could possibly need to come out in 2015 as a cohesive group.

Yep yep...I would've easily gone Zack Martin AND Westburg in the draft. And sure, I'd have expected growing pains this season...starting those two guys along a 2nd year guy in Pugh. I'd essentially go into this season getting those 3 experience, training, and everything they could possibly need to come out in 2015 as a cohesive group.

I don't think the Giants could have gone wrong either way... they figured with the loss of Nicks, and Randle's uneven play, they got a guy who's really good at plucking the ball from the air and is very agile... injuries are a bitch especially hammies.. For all we know Martin might've been injured at this time too.

let's see if zack martin pans out first. and being rich seubert 2.0 is not considered panning out at his price

I'd take Rich Seubert 2.0 in a heartbeat. 10 years of near Pro Bowl play on three spots on the line would be fine with me.

Exactly.

You presumably have Beatty, but if he plays like Will Beatty you'd expect someone of the Martin, Pugh, and Brown trio to pan out.

In the meantime, you put the loser out at RT and possibly G.

Then you have Walton and Richburg battle it out in the middle with Schwarz. Solid players on the line, and good depth along with some friendly competition to keep everyone feisty.

For the record... Beckham might turn out to be awesome. But its just frustrating.

Exactly.

You presumably have Beatty, but if he plays like Will Beatty you'd expect someone of the Martin, Pugh, and Brown trio to pan out.

In the meantime, you put the loser out at RT and possibly G.

Then you have Walton and Richburg battle it out in the middle with Schwarz. Solid players on the line, and good depth along with some friendly competition to keep everyone feisty.

For the record... Beckham might turn out to be awesome. But its just frustrating.

It is very frustrating.