SportsWrath

Eagles trade LeSean McCoy to Buffalo

Treehugger

Yeah but Alonso is a damn good linebacker. I think Philly won this trade.

Yeah, the Bills letting another good young player go is the reason why they won't return to the playoffs for the foreseeable future. This time for a running back...a special running back, but still, an aging player coming off a down year...granted, is was down because they brought in Sproles and actively took goalline carries away from him and reduced his role throughout the course of the season.

Alonso is coming off a major ACL injury, though, and it will be interesting to see how he does one year removed from surgery. The jury's out on this one, to me, it comes out pretty even as the BIlls will have a solid running back for a couple years and the Eagles get a stud linebacker who may or may not return to form. Still, the Bills eat the cost of McCoy's contract when they could have kept a similar player (Spiller) for a fraction of the cost. If they actually had featured Spiller, he had the potential to produce similar numbers to McCoy.

Watch the Eagles pick up Murray.

What's their cap situation... and why would they let go with their very good RB who already knows the system just to acquire another very good running back who may cost the same amount and will have to learn a new system?

It's a move to clear some cap room and if I'm a bills' fan I'd be very upset....

What's their cap situation... and why would they let go with their very good RB who already knows the system just to acquire another very good running back who may cost the same amount and will have to learn a new system?

It's a move to clear some cap room and if I'm a bills' fan I'd be very upset....

Eagles are close to 40 million under the cap. Doubt very much that McCoy was a cap casualty...rather it was trade an aging, but not done, star for a rising star, who had an injury year. I still can't believe the Eagles didn't have to give up a 5th rounder or something in addition to McCoy.

They will look to pick up Spiller, write that down.

Speaking of Spiller, the guy is a class act. Love how he handled being on live tv when he found out he was going to be released.

They will look to pick up Spiller, write that down.

Speaking of Spiller, the guy is a class act. Love how he handled being on live tv when he found out he was going to be released.

I've liked Spiller since that draft, I'd love him on the giants.

I though David Wilson was similar to Spiller when we drafted him.

I've liked Spiller since that draft, I'd love him on the giants.

I though David Wilson was similar to Spiller when we drafted him.

Agreed! Spiller was misused and all but buried in Buffalo but make no mistake - the guy is GOOD! Love to see him in Blue!