SportsWrath

Ray Rice - cut by Ravens

gmenroc

The more I think about it, doesn't this now go against the new rules the league put in.

If anything they should have given him the 6 games for the first offense like the rules say.

But it's because they are embarrassed.

the way this has been handled since monday is bogus

The mishandling goes back to when the incident was first reported and the video OUTSIDE the elevator was released.

The initial 2-game suspension...a joke...too leniant.

The interview of both Ray and Janay in the same room...a joke...it would seem that you'd separate the victim from the attacker when investigating (if you can even use that term).

The press conference with both Ray and Janay together...a joke...again, it'd seem you'd want Janay to be separate from Ray given the circumstance.

The increased penalty for these types of cases as a result of this case...a joke...typical reactive measure as opposed to being proactive. Further, comparing to other offenses the NFL punishes shows that NFL cared more about PEDs than domestic violence.

The indefinite suspension and cutting of Ray Rice upon release of the INSIDE elevator video...a joke...considering the NFL knew what happened in the elevator, despite not seeing the video, the indefinite suspension/cut is a reaction to the reaction, making it a saving face move.

NFL/Ravens have screwed the pooch on this to levels no one thought possible. The NFL/Ravens have had absolutely no interest other than to save face throughout this whole process with complete disregard to any involved party other than themselves.

good points. im particularly disgusted at the ravens here. they really went out of their way to support the guy after his press conference but now the video somehow changes that?

I think there's plenty of blame to go around here, but yeah, the change from support to condemnation, another reaction to the reaction, is just as ludicrous. It's all wishy-washy, CYA bullshit. Not one person in all of it gave, or gives, a flying fuck about the situation or those directly involved, with the sole exception being for how it affects themselves.

And ultimately, that may be what sickens me more than anything...the fact that our society has become so self-focused (including myself here) that they direct their focus to themselves in such a messed up situation

They didn't cut him because he hit his wife, they cut him because the video came out.

Not exactly the honorable move.

Agreed....same with the NFL.....and worse....it appears they never asked to see the video....which they could have requested from Rice's Lawyers at any time...so much for the thorough investigation.

I had to stop watching it.....he spit on her.....dude is a monster.

C. Wgaon

Agreed....same with the NFL.....and worse....it appears they never asked to see the video....which they could have requested from Rice's Lawyers at any time...so much for the thorough investigation.

I had to stop watching it.....he spit on her.....dude is a monster.

C. Wgaon

All the Ravens going back to the Head Raven Ray Lewis are fucking half human barbarians if you ask me...

If "some NFL executive" had it, they'll be the scapegoat. NFL needs to stop talking until an internal investigation as to what the hell actually happened is complete.

This is what you get when you are reactive as opposed to proactive.

maybe so, but the cover up is what's going to bring them down. I've been telling whomever would listen that I love the giants but the NFL, and the way it treats players as disposable is not an organization that I want to see prosper. In its current state, anyway.

maybe so, but the cover up is what's going to bring them down. I've been telling whomever would listen that I love the giants but the NFL, and the way it treats players as disposable is not an organization that I want to see prosper. In its current state, anyway.

Agree... baseball and basketball are light years ahead of the NFL in terms of taking care of its product/contract laborers...e.g. players. I down right laugh my guts out these days when I hear casual fans join with an ownership or team management when a player has been injured and can barely walk much less play...and the mantra starts..."well so and so needs to get back in the swing of things as soon as possible..." WHY? So when they are so beaten down the team can discard the guy with barely a "he played good for us...a shame he got hurt..." The NFL has worse work practices than Standard Oil did back in its heyday... :P

I'm coming around to this point of view.

This story has a lot more legs than I would have thought. Now Rice has used the NFLPA to rightly file a claim. He never lied to the team or league and they handed him a 2 game suspension (3 really). I get the feeling Rice is about get a nice cheque to go away forever. This has become a cluster for the NFL and I think Goodell is going to fall on the sword. Amazing how a small crack can turn into a geyser.

All the major sports have come around to this way of treating and running the sport.

When endorsements and deals with clothing vendors, TV networks and all that jazz started to make the leagues and owners, millions, then 100s of millions, then billions, why go back to anything else?

This will blow over, the NFL will paint some lackey with holding the tape from the league office, they will pay some fines and make up to some organizations and groups, launch some campaigns with Eli Manning saying "Don't hit women....OHAMA!"

Sports players have killed people, beat their wives and kids, got caught doing and selling drugs, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It will all blow over because at the end of the day much like Fox News, sports leagues have gotten really good at distracting people away from what's really happening.