SportsWrath

Daniel Jones named Starting QB

NeMesiS

I think he couldnt do what he wanted to do with Manning so the offense ran through what Manning could handle...

I would assume so as well.... Seen a few folks (not here) suggest that Shurmur was deliberately running plays that he knew Eli couldn't run, in order to force the QB change. That.... would be bad. And not just on Shurmur, because what would that say about the organization if he felt that was necessary.

But he changes players just as fast this whole "a good coach fits his scheme to his players" is insane lol

Billy has no problem with the revolving door of players at any position because he doesn't care who's there as long as they fit what he's trying to do.

Is it that hard to understand?

How many WRs have come and gone under his team or defensive players he's let go just to fit the next guy into the starting rotation.

Lol yeah he really cares about his scheme fitting who's there.

You aren't wrong about how he treats players, totally true. But he treats plays and playbooks the same way. The only constant to his system is that he zigs when the league zags. Whatever the exploitable weakness is in the trendy NFL systems, he's building his team and scheming for that.

But there are no absolutes. He uses elite players and schemes around them so long as they are elite.

So telling MacAttack to bench Eli two seasons ago was him doing what?

Getty so far has done nothing but void this team of any talent while telling Mara and Co "We'll still win and Eli will lead the way!" as he turns around and guts any scraps on the team from the JR era.

This roster is Gettys fault and Shurur has been given the task to try and coax wins out of a team that looks as bad as the Miami Dolphins who are trying to tank this year.

John Mara did not tell Ben McAdoo to bench Eli Manning. John Mara went along with Ben McAdoo benching Eli Manning. It is not the same thing.

Premature to look at this roster and decide it is void of talent. It is up to Shurmur to win games, it is the job he was hired to do.

John Mara did not tell Ben McAdoo to bench Eli Manning. John Mara went along with Ben McAdoo benching Eli Manning. It is not the same thing.

Premature to look at this roster and decide it is void of talent. It is up to Shurmur to win games, it is the job he was hired to do.

So you're saying that if Mara said not to bench Eli, McAdoo would of done it anyways?

Lol

Shirley you can't be serious.

Mara told him that it was fine to bench Eli after halftime.

McAdoo has to ask his permission for it.

I'm sorry but is that not having control over benching Eli?

I for one would have waited till we were mathematically eliminated before throwing Daniel in there. Atleast the defense gets a few more weeks to kinda gel in and might give DJ some help on the field. Right now, DJ inheriting a dumpster fire - one that Eli got thrown out of and one that was created around him due to fuckload of mismanagement.

Phil Simms was just commenting that putting Jones in will put the stretch play back in the playbook.... I don't really understand that comment because they've been running naked bootlegs the last two years... if he can't run the stretch play, why the fuck would they have him rolling out?

I for one would have waited till we were mathematically eliminated before throwing Daniel in there. Atleast the defense gets a few more weeks to kinda gel in and might give DJ some help on the field. Right now, DJ inheriting a dumpster fire - one that Eli got thrown out of and one that was created around him due to fuckload of mismanagement.

Its 2004 all over again.... not mathematically eliminated, but obviously going nowhere.

Although to be honest, Eli looks shell shocked out there... he looks a lot older than his age would suggest... it's just a fact of life...