SportsWrath

Bears Vs Giants game thread...

NeMesiS

Took the words right outta my mouth!

The Giants have got to find a way to stop falling short of the mark.

I don't know whose to blame besides, something happened to the whole aura of that team once the defense allowed them to convert on 3rd and 22. I don't know why they can't keep pounding and sustaining after they come out swinging. Just like last season Eli is fizzling out and our offense is flat. We are getting crushed by injuries and we're back to playing badly.

That team needed fire. Shockey wasn't involved.. Shockey brings that fire. But make no mistake about it, Eli sucked last night and Coughlin screwed up... big fucking time.. oh and Tim Lewis for not bringing the heat as he did earlier in the game.

What's most disturbing about this game is that the Giants seem to be unable to beat "good" teams. That bodes badly for the playoffs... assuming they make them.

Additionally, with the front protection Eli got last night, it's inexcusable that this man couldnt get the ball better to people. The whole offense is starting to smack of a contrived, stunted tightness and we are returning to that Fassell era where it's like pulling teeth to score a touch down.

I think that 108 yard run back was indicative of how Coughlin is a good drill sargeant but not a commander.

What's most disturbing about this game is that the Giants seem to be unable to beat "good" teams. That bodes badly for the playoffs... assuming they make them.

Additionally, with the front protection Eli got last night, it's inexcusable that this man couldnt get the ball better to people. The whole offense is starting to smack of a contrived, stunted tightness and we are returning to that Fassell era where it's like pulling teeth to score a touch down.

I think that 108 yard run back was indicative of how Coughlin is a good drill sargeant but not a commander.

I agree with most of this pappa, only fassel never had the players this team has. I mean on goaline situations this team never had a Jacobs to barrel it in.

But the 108 yard return I agree whole heartedly on. For a guy who proclaims his teams will be focused and discliplined, that play showed neither and watching our offensive linemen get bounced on set up blocking was embarrassing, not in the fact that they got pushed around as in more that Chicago clearly moved their players to that side and set up the blocks, leaving our guys sitting ducks.

I agree with most of this pappa, only fassel never had the players this team has. I mean on goaline situations this team never had a Jacobs to barrel it in.

I want to see 2 back offense.... Jacobs and Barber. Run Tiki 3/4 and Jacobs 1/4 and not just running Jacobs on the short yardage plays. I think after a half of pounding from him, the defense would soften up for the passing attack.

1st half, Run 65% and pass 35%.

2nd half, run 50% and pass 50%.

I think this would change things.

Because basically he is on the tail end of his career and is a possession receiver at this point. When somebody like him goes down and it has this level of impact, then we are definitely in trouble. :o

A possession receiver is what we need. Who is our possession guy now? Toomer has the best hands on the team, in my opinion, and is very good at staying in bounds while still making the catch. He also was the only receiver who it seemed had formed some kind of chemistry with Eli. Losing him is big. As I said, he's our most dependable receiver.

If Eli has any chemistry with anybody it's Burress, and anybody can see that. In the 2 games before Amani got hurt, he caught 3 passes from Eli. That's not chemistry!.

He led the team in receptions before going down, and as someone pointed out, Eli's throws do look better when he's throwing to Toomer. Everyone talks about Burress' "spectactular catches", and sometimes they are. Toomer always seems to be in the right place, getting a good pass from Eli to haul in. <--CHEMISTRY.

In all of our three losses Tiki had less than 20 rushes. Even when he gained few yards but had the ball 20+ times we won. In 2 of our three losses Jacobs had 2 rushes (Sunday nights) and 1 rush against Seattle. In all of our wins Brandon Jacobs has had at least 5 rushes.

Our brilliant coaches can't see that the constant in the football universe (Running the ball and stopping the run) works?

In all of our three losses Tiki had less than 20 rushes. Even when he gained few yards but had the ball 20+ times we won. In 2 of our three losses Jacobs had 2 rushes (Sunday nights) and 1 rush against Seattle. In all of our wins Brandon Jacobs has had at least 5 rushes.

Our brilliant coaches can't see that the constant in the football universe (Running the ball and stopping the run) works?

I guess running the ball is too old school for them. I would love to go back to the days of Joe Morris and the Suburbanites. Nothing fancy, just cram it down their throats until they are the reincarnations of Linda Lovelace (AKA DeepThroat). But remember all of the analysts hated them because they were too "boring". I say fuck-em, I'll take boring anyday because a running game and defense wins championships. Just ask Manning the Elder whether he would trade his spasmodic gyrations at the line of scrimmage and 7-10 points of offense a game for a good championship caliber defense. He would do it in a heartbeep. Just ask Elway what got him a couple of Super Bowl rings; it was the addition of an outstanding running game to a) keep the defense off the field and rested, b) take the pressure off of him to rescue the game all of the time c) turn opposing defenses into gravy by the constant pounding of 300lb and up lineman with a 250lb RB hitting them about 35-40 times a game. Like you say in your sig....Run the FUCKING BALL! :furious:

I want to see 2 back offense.... Jacobs and Barber. Run Tiki 3/4 and Jacobs 1/4 and not just running Jacobs on the short yardage plays. I think after a half of pounding from him, the defense would soften up for the passing attack.

1st half, Run 65% and pass 35%.

2nd half, run 50% and pass 50%.

I think this would change things.

I think you're on to something. Can you coach the Gmen for the rest of the season?