SportsWrath

Good article on RG3 (and how Fewell should have defensed him)

JMFP

Full link here....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/la-sp-farmer-nfl-20121207,0,6299566.column

This is the part I found most interesting....and this is what I mentioned that Fewell should have done....

.......As for the read-option offense he's running in Washington? Enjoy it while it lasts.

Three quarterbacks who have busts in Canton, each of whom has been duly impressed by Griffin this season, say that read-option offense — as effective as it has been — isn't sustainable over the long haul. The Washington star needs to start sliding and running out of bounds more to protect his body.

"Yeah, it's the element of surprise right now, but you're going to get teams that say, 'Who cares about the dive back, go directly at RG. Even if he doesn't have the football, and he's riding the guy? Hit him anyway,'" said Jim Kelly, Hall of Famer for the Buffalo Bills. "I would do that if I was the defensive coach. I would say, 'If he's going to run the option, make him pay for it.'

"This is not a league for a quarterback to want to run the football. Look at Michael Vick. The guy is one of the greatest athletes to ever play that position. Sooner or later, you're going to get hit a couple times too many, and all of a sudden you're going to start getting gun-shy."

Kelly and Griffin spent time together at the Davey O'Brien Awards last year, when Griffin won the National Quarterback Award, and Kelly received the Legends Award.

"He's just a great character kid," Kelly said. "His background, I got to meet his parents, and just knowing what type of work ethic he has … Right now that offense is a big asset for them. But I don't think that's an offense that you're going to see a lot in the future, because it puts a lot of pressure on the quarterback in the running game. I'd be a little more worried than anything."

"Defensed" isn't a fucking word. "Defended". ENGLISH, motherfuckers!

If I used defended, it would imply protecting RG3.

Screw you, bitch!!!

http://www.thefreedi...ry.com/defensed

de·fense (dibreve.gif-febreve.gifnsprime.gif)

n.

1. The act of defending against attack, danger, or injury.

2. A means or method of defending or protecting.

3. Sports The act or an instance of defending a championship against a challenger: will box in his third defense of his title.

4. An argument in support or justification of something. See Synonyms at apology.

5. Law

a. The action of the defendant in opposition to complaints against him or her.

b. The defendant and his or her legal counsel.

6. The science or art of defending oneself; self-defense.

7. often (demacr.gifprime.giffebreve.gifnslprime.gif) Sports

a. Means or tactics used in trying to stop the opposition from scoring.

b. The team or those players on the team attempting to stop the opposition from scoring.

8. The military, governmental, and industrial complex, especially as it authorizes and manages weaponry production.

tr.v. de·fensed, de·fens·ing, de·fens·es Sports

1. To attempt to stop (the opposition) from scoring.

2. To play defense against (an opponent); guard.

No exact results found for defensed in the dictionaries.

British & World English

Did you mean defense?

Did you mean defended?

Did you mean defenses?

http://oxforddiction...ish/?q=defensed

Don't give me your "American English" online dictionary bullshit. The Queen says to go jam it up your arse too.

"Transitive verb, Sports". Are you fucking kidding me? Troy Aikman is now your authority for the language?

Yeah, it is definitely the most obvious choice and it makes total sense, you hit him and hit him hard every time. Make them not want to risk hurting RGIII to run that shit anymore. Make them turn to a pro style offense.

If I used defended, it would imply protecting RG3.

Screw you, bitch!!!

http://www.thefreedi...ry.com/defensed

de·fense (dibreve.gif-febreve.gifnsprime.gif)

n.

1. The act of defending against attack, danger, or injury.

2. A means or method of defending or protecting.

3. Sports The act or an instance of defending a championship against a challenger: will box in his third defense of his title.

4. An argument in support or justification of something. See Synonyms at apology.

5. Law

a. The action of the defendant in opposition to complaints against him or her.

b. The defendant and his or her legal counsel.

6. The science or art of defending oneself; self-defense.

7. often (demacr.gifprime.giffebreve.gifnslprime.gif) Sports

a. Means or tactics used in trying to stop the opposition from scoring.

b. The team or those players on the team attempting to stop the opposition from scoring.

8. The military, governmental, and industrial complex, especially as it authorizes and manages weaponry production.

tr.v. de·fensed, de·fens·ing, de·fens·es Sports

1. To attempt to stop (the opposition) from scoring.

2. To play defense against (an opponent); guard.

It still sounds dirty, Joe.

British & World English

Did you mean defense?

Did you mean defended?

Did you mean defenses?

Don't give me your "American English" online dictionary bullshit. The Queen says to go jam it up your arse too.

"Transitive verb, Sports". Are you fucking kidding me? Troy Aikman is now your authority for the language?

America and Britain... a common cultural heritage with two different "languages"...isn't that how the joke goes... :P Now go kiss up to those Poms you Pom Loving Canucki Aussie... :)

British & World English

Did you mean defense?

Did you mean defended?

Did you mean defenses?

One more link.....from Merriam-Webster

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defensed

2defense

transitive verb

de·fensed de·fens·ing

Definition of DEFENSE

: to take specific defensive action against (an opposing team or player or an offensive play)

Saw this a couple times out of the Ravens today.

Looks like RGIII just blew up his knee on a run. Which is why a pocket QB is and always will be the ideal.

Exactly.....the option offense is great if you:

a) A playing college ball.

b) Your QB has the healing power of Wolverine.

Yeah, it is definitely the most obvious choice and it makes total sense, you hit him and hit him hard every time. Make them not want to risk hurting RGIII to run that shit anymore. Make them turn to a pro style offense.

That is how Carl banks said to defend the option hit the qb so hard every time until he does not want to run it anymore.

That is how Carl banks said to defend the option hit the qb so hard every time until he does not want to run it anymore.

Yup....ironic thing is, it was Haloti Ngata that was talking this week about pounding RG3, and he's the dude that knocked him out of the game.

I'm telling you, I'd love to get some wild fucking Samoan in the draft next year......those Pacific Islanders are insane when it comes to bringing it on gameday.

Yup....ironic thing is, it was Haloti Ngata that was talking this week about pounding RG3, and he's the dude that knocked him out of the game.

I'm telling you, I'd love to get some wild fucking Samoan in the draft next year......those Pacific Islanders are insane when it comes to bringing it on gameday.

Told you guys we need a big hunking Samoan (or Tongan) who doesn't nothing but eat pig grease all fucking day...bulks up to looking like the Hulk's little brown cousin...that is what we need in a DT...grab the running back like he is piglet running away from the barbeque.. :flex:

Agreed. We need a nasty Samoan to hold down the middle of the line.