SportsWrath

Saints may be in some shit

Lughead

I wouldn't be upset if we quicker-picker-uppered our first round pick. :D

We would still be technically picking 32 in the draft, it's just the Saints would forfeit their pick in the first round so to speak.

It's like what happened with the Pats and the whole camera thing.

I am not sure yet as to what disiplin will be placed on the Saints if any. My bad on the bounty bowl I was thinking about the body bag game .I think the bounty game was the year after when the Skins and Eagles played the body bag game.

I am not sure yet as to what disiplin will be placed on the Saints if any. My bad on the bounty bowl I was thinking about the body bag game .I think the bounty game was the year after when the Skins and Eagles played the body bag game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInU3PgwFVc

There was a Bounty Bowl Lug

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_Bowl

C. Wagon

We would still be technically picking 32 in the draft, it's just the Saints would forfeit their pick in the first round so to speak.

It's like what happened with the Pats and the whole camera thing.

Yeah, I get it, but if they forfeit their pick then we'd be selecting the 31st player... at pick #32... if they lose their first rounder, of course.

Think I just heard on NFL network that the Redskins, WIlliams former DC job, had a bounty system in place as well.

Who knows is this blows open we may be "moving up" two spots in the draft.

yes. saw that this morning. hopefully the skins will be punished as well.

Oh, the Saints have most definitely fucked themselves. Granted, they have no 1st rounder this year due to Ingram trade, but I've heard that they should lose next year's 1st, this year's 2nd and/or 3rd. Added to that would be fines and suspensions.

I think that any fines levied against teams should also count against their salary cap.

Also, you have to think about how this affects Carl Nicks, Drew Brees, Marques Colston, and Robert Meachum...all free agents they'd like to resign. Knowing the sanctions and penalties coming to NO, do these guys opt to leave rather than resign?

To whomever brought up the Redskins...it's a valid point that I've not yet seen discussed by any talking heads. If they lose their 1st rounder this year and end up losing out on a franchise QB...I will laugh my silly ass off for a good solid week at the least.

Yeah, they will lose free agents regardless. Brees they will franchise if they have to, and if they agree to terms, they will franchise Carl Nicks, probably (presumably lower cap number). I think they will try to get something done with Colston or Meachem, but one of those guys are gone. If they have to franchise Brees, I think they are going to lose Nicks AND one of the receivers, possibly both.

It doesn`t sound like a big deal the way Sharper described it. He said it was the defensive players putting $100 into a pool and the guy with the best play, like an INT or a TD, would win the money. Of course he could be lying his ass off.