SportsWrath

Texas Rangers News

Virginia Giant

Hey VG, I'm really interested in Mark Teixera for fantasy. Where do you think he deserves to be drafted?

I think he's a top 4 guy easily.

Last year he hit .301. 43 HR's and 144 RBI's and I believe he won a gold glove and silver slugger award.

My projections are a 310 BA, 47-50 HR's and 140 RBI's, and thats modest copmpared to some experts opinions.

I think he's a top 4 guy easily.

Last year he hit .301. 43 HR's and 144 RBI's and I believe he won a gold glove and silver slugger award.

My projections are a 310 BA, 47-50 HR's and 140 RBI's, and thats modest copmpared to some experts opinions.

Seeing those stats at a position like first, I'll definitely take a look at him. Michael Young was a fine pick for me last year too.

Seeing those stats at a position like first, I'll definitely take a look at him. Michael Young was a fine pick for me last year too.

Yep, he's gotten 200 hits for the past 3 years and his BA has climbed every year. I don't know much about Fantasy baseball, but Brad Wilkerson might be worth looking at for a CF option, he's got some pop and will be battting left handed in The Ballpark, a great lefty ballpark.

Laird prepared to wait his turn.

IMHO, Laird should be starting, Barajas is a decent catcher and has done well for us, but Laird has the bigger upside, he needs experience to learn how to call games, even though the Rangers are still young, we ain't getting younger and Laird could be an impact type player.

Nix Flexes Power

Hey VG, I'm really interested in Mark Teixera for fantasy. Where do you think he deserves to be drafted?

It is hard to place Mark Teixeira. The first two are an inarguable A-rod and Pujols followed by Vladimir Guerrero in all four major ranking sites. Fourth and fifth are between Manny, Teixeira, and Santana pretty much. Teixeira definitely deserves consideration between 3rd and 6th in anybody's draft. Personally, I'm not a big Vlad fan and I'd much rather take the 10-15 extra HRs from Teixeira and get the 10-15 steals elsewhere. Vlad will help in average though. In my mind, Teixeira's third...but eh. To each his own.

It is hard to place Mark Teixeira. The first two are an inarguable A-rod and Pujols followed by Vladimir Guerrero in all four major ranking sites. Fourth and fifth are between Manny, Teixeira, and Santana pretty much. Teixeira definitely deserves consideration between 3rd and 6th in anybody's draft. Personally, I'm not a big Vlad fan and I'd much rather take the 10-15 extra HRs from Teixeira and get the 10-15 steals elsewhere. Vlad will help in average though. In my mind, Teixeira's third...but eh. To each his own.

Not taking anything away from Pujols, but Teixeira had more hr's and rbi's than AP last season, although Albert had a much better average.

I had Vlad this year and he was frustrating. His shoulder injury, at times ice cold, and he also is getting older. Teixera on the other hand, his stats are getting better and better and he is so talented with a great lineup playing in a great ballpark. I'm having a problem deciding between Pujols and A-rod. Part of it is my bias and hatred against A-rod which brings him down. If he does struggle, I want to enjoy it completely, not realize that while he is sucking, my fantasy team is going down the tube. Same case for Manny and Papi except it's a double whammy. That's where the fantasy and baseball worlds intersect.

Anyone know if the new Cards stadium is going to be a hitters ballpark or not? That may affect my drafting if I do have the first overall pick.

(VG< pardon the off Ranger topic for a sec.)

New Busch Stadium III is almost exactly the same as old Busch II

DIMENSIONS

From Home Plate:

Left-field line - 330 feet

Left-center field - 372 feet

Center field - 402 feet

Right-center field - 372 feet

Right-field line - 330 feet

Outfield walls are 8 feet high

(VG< pardon the off Ranger topic for a sec.)

New Busch Stadium III is almost exactly the same as old Busch II

DIMENSIONS

From Home Plate:

Left-field line - 330 feet

Left-center field - 372 feet

Center field - 402 feet

Right-center field - 372 feet

Right-field line - 330 feet

Outfield walls are 8 feet high

Imagine if Albert was in say the Phillies stadium 81 times a year?

For the sake of fantasy, I'm glad he's not. It wouldn't be fair.

Dellucci passes on WBC

Dominguez finds focus

Arias makes big impression.

This is a tough situation. Young is making a serious bid to become the best complete SS in baseball and Kinsler is a very talented 2b who should be the starter opening day. Unless this guy wants to spend the next 8 or 9 years as a minor leaguer or back up, he's gonna have to learn a new position or he's gonna be traded.

Hicks optomistic about season.

Cordero fighting twinge