SportsWrath

Logan Mankins - trade option?

BigPete

Logan Mankins has asked to be traded and is going to be a hold out.

This is largely hypothetical, but if the Patriots are willing to deal Mankins, should Jerry Reese consider making a trade offer?

Left Guard is a position we are looking to upgrade from last year. (Guy Whimper has been taking reps with the 1st team at the OTAs). Mankins would be a huge upgrade

On the flip side, Makins wants a top shelf deal (and deserves it)

The Giants do have players that could be included in a potential trade at positions the Pats need (such as WR) and plenty of good young talent at these positions.

For example, if Reese could work a deal something like: Logan Makins for Hixon/Moss and a 2011 2nd round pick, should we consider the deal?

I don't know nothing about the dude but we're ready to win now.. we're not in rebuilding mode. the only obstacle I see is the finances of all of this.. but if that can be worked out, the go get him.. if he's as good as advertised.

Honestly, I know they had a bit of a down year, but I think our O-line is fine. Seubert and/or Diehl will be ok at that position.

I agree.

Our running game had issues, but I blame injuries more than anything for that. Bradshaw had two injured ankles, and Jacobs was running on an injured knee.

With respect to pass protection, Eli had his best season ever.

And as Blue mentioned, Mitch Petrus is a promising long term option

I agree.

Our running game had issues, but I blame injuries more than anything for that. Bradshaw had two injured ankles, and Jacobs was running on an injured knee.

With respect to pass protection, Eli had his best season ever.

And as Blue mentioned, Mitch Petrus is a promising long term option

Personally I think our Oline will be fine, but that doesn't mean it can't improve.

Petrus can also reportedly play center, but he does have ability.

Seubert looks to be a versatile backup at this point in his career. He is certainly an average starter at best.

Don't overlook Whimper as an option at LG, he could really surprise after moving inside from LT.

Having said that, probowl guards are not often available, if we could get Mankins for a decent price (a big if), it is at least worth looking at (albeit unlikely).