.Here is mine

1. Phil Simms

2. Eli Manning

3. YA Tittle (Tie)

3A. Fran Tarkenton (Tie)

5. Charley Connerly

6. Jesse Palmer

7. Jeff Hosteler

8. Norm Snead (had a good couple of years)

9. Danny Kannel

10. Craig Morton or Earl Morrell (again...on God Awful teams)

Sorry lurch does not make the top ten...........too many Pick Six

.Here is mine

1. Phil Simms

2. Eli Manning

3. YA Tittle (Tie)

3A. Fran Tarkenton (Tie)

5. Charley Connerly

6. Jesse Palmer

7. Jeff Hosteler

9. Danny Kannel

Jesse Palmer and Danny Kannel? You're awesome Jack.

-Z

I covered my forehead reading that as well... might as well add Dave Brown.

It was a joke.....Jesse was a favorite of mine who was only allowed to start in the games Fassel was told to lose on purpose to get a shot at Manning

Johnny Lynn was photocopying the D game plans and just changing the opponent names......you do not remember that?

Jesse was let go for appearing as the Bachelor (Tom was still a Nazi at this point), and almost winning one of those poison games single handed

It was a joke.....Jesse was a favorite of mine who was only allowed to start in the games Fassel was told to lose on purpose to get a shot at Manning

Johnny Lynn was photocopying the D game plans and just changing the opponent names......you do not remember that?

Jesse was let go for appearing as the Bachelor (Tom was still a Nazi at this point), and almost winning one of those poison games single handed

Am I to imply from this that Danny Kannell at #9 is actually not a joke?

-Z

it is not.......take a look at Danny's records

Had Ernie not had a brain fahrdt and brought in Lurch, Danny's early Giants career was actually better than Eli's

Wait what am I supposed to be looking at the anemic completion percentage, the anemic yards per attempt or the anemic QB rating?

And PS Kerry Collins was the best thing to happen to the Giants in that era.

-Z

Kerry Collins was a long trip down a blind alley...........the worst clutch QB in NFL history..........Kerry had nerves of glass

Ok, so let's say he wasn't clutch, that's a flaw. I didn't say Collins was flawless, nor that he was awesome or outstanding or anything like that, but he was MILES ahead of Brown, Kannell, and Graham. And his addition completely changed the landscape of that team.

-Z

Chuck, Frank has said the years he played in NY were some of the greatest times in his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeIYdifUf3M

His famous scramble segment...lol...loved me some Fran...in a non-manly or man-love...errr kind of way...well you ummm understand...right? :mellow: :thumbs: :unsure:

Fran Tarkenton...he put the original scramble in scrambling QB's went to Minnesota and took them to 3 Super Bowls or was it 4 to which they lost all four. :P

The game where he led a Giants comeback from 21 points down to the Skins remains one of the best sporting events I've seen.

Bob Tucker was his go to guy.

.Here is mine

1. Phil Simms

2. Eli Manning

3. YA Tittle (Tie)

3A. Fran Tarkenton (Tie)

5. Charley Connerly

6. Jesse Palmer

7. Jeff Hosteler

9. Danny Kannel

Jack....you complete me.

C. Wagon

Phil Simms might have been the best "Pocket Quarterback" in the history of the NFL. Never saw a guy stand in the pocket knowing full well he was about to get his head taken off, but never losing concentration on his target, getting the pass off just before he was annihilated. Always amazed me how nothing shook him out of the pocket.

But I have to say that Eli is a better player overall. Eli is not only very athletic, but he's a cerebral QB that diagnoses the defense and adjusts accordingly. And when the game is on the line, there's not a better QB in the game in the 2-minute drill. Eli reminds me a lot of Staubach in the day. Roger was cerebral the same way and it was as if Landry was running his brain while he supplied the motions. And Roger was also (frustratingly so to a Giants fan) a master of the 2-minute drill marching those nasty cowgirls down the field along the sideline as if it was easy.

Eli over Phil.......but that's no knock on Simms.

Ok, so let's say he wasn't clutch, that's a flaw. I didn't say Collins was flawless, nor that he was awesome or outstanding or anything like that, but he was MILES ahead of Brown, Kannell, and Graham. And his addition completely changed the landscape of that team.

-Z

Kerry Collins was the best arm between the 20's in NFL history........once he got inside the 20 he was a human catastrophe

Phil Simms might have been the best "Pocket Quarterback" in the history of the NFL. Never saw a guy stand in the pocket knowing full well he was about to get his head taken off, but never losing concentration on his target, getting the pass off just before he was annihilated. Always amazed me how nothing shook him out of the pocket.

But I have to say that Eli is a better player overall. Eli is not only very athletic, but he's a cerebral QB that diagnoses the defense and adjusts accordingly. And when the game is on the line, there's not a better QB in the game in the 2-minute drill. Eli reminds me a lot of Staubach in the day. Roger was cerebral the same way and it was as if Landry was running his brain while he supplied the motions. And Roger was also (frustratingly so to a Giants fan) a master of the 2-minute drill marching those nasty cowgirls down the field along the sideline as if it was easy.

Tough as spike too BB....but that was part of the problem with keeping him on the field too.

C. Wagon

Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, YA Title, Dan Marino, etc, etc. etc.

Wait...Fassel was part of a conspiracy that cost him his job? Now THAT'S a Giant for life...

you mean best Giants QB, yes?

Don't know for sure...a bit too young to have seen Benny Friedman. :freaked:

This is a tough one. I'm going with Eli, but only because of his better pocket mobility.

I think Eli is more clutch, too, but that's a hard one.......Simms was absolutely lights-out in his SB. He didn't have to come back like Eli did, because he was so lethal the game was out of hand by the middle of the 4th quarter.

As far as accuracy goes, Simms was among the most accurate passers that I've ever seen. When he was protected, the pass was going to be where it was supposed to be.....beautiful spirals, with touch or velocity depending on the coverage.

And Simms didn't have nearly the weapons that Eli had......most of his passing yards came on 3rd down, when the entire defense knew it was a pass.

I have no clue what sort of stats Simms would have finished with if Bill Walsh was able to draft him.

I'd have to go with Simms. That man took some SERIOUS hits and got up and threw the completions. Tough as nails that dude.

I'd have to go with Simms. That man took some SERIOUS hits and got up and threw the completions. Tough as nails that dude.

True.....I can't remember how many times he was absolutely levelled waiting for his slow as fuck receivers to get open.