SportsWrath

Report: Giants attempting to trade Flowers

mastershake

Well..he's not great at LT to say the least. Was replaced outright and given a shot to compete with late round picks to acquire the RT spot.

And to display how willing he is to fight for it, he chooses not to show up for voluntary OtAs.

Now I don't generally care who is there for OTAs...but for a player who just lost his position, it would seem a prudent move to be there.

It likely won't be said directly, but his no show has got to have a lot to do with his being on the trade block.

But with all that said, I can't see releasing him now and short of a 5th rounder at best...a trade doesn't appear likely. Let him ride out his rookie deal and don't offer to re-up

It's really strange how quickly he's fallen. Played decently on a bum ankle his rookie year... everybody loved him. Was fairly nondescript his second year, so he worked his ass off in the offseason... but it didn't pay dividends and had a pretty terrible third year.

The guy has definitely tried; not sure what's making him quit now.

And god help him if hes doing it cuz he thinks its extension time or he wants the fifth year option picked up lol

I think he sees the writing on the wall and probably doesn't think anyone in the building is there to help him.

He had improved enough that I wasn't ready to give up on him. I bet the Giants tell other teams that he was asked to stay away, and his play on the field and relatively low cost may yield as much as..... late 4th? At best. I've been surprised before though.

You cant teach big, mean and stupid.

When you're biggest strengths coming out of college are "OH HE HAS A MEAN STREAK IN HIM.......but doesnt have an ounce of technique in his body"

Hated this pick then, hate it still.

Stupid fucking pick.

I'm just not sure how many teams are going to be interested in a guy who has at least 4-5 plays per game where he literally doesn't touch the defender he's assigned to, and instead runs around in a circle.

You never know there could be some coach out there thinking "I could take this kid and make him learn how to block for once in his life"

They trade a 7th or something for him and see what happens.

I mean it's really no different then taking an OT in the 7th round, atleast Flowers has seen game time, and had some very few and far between decent games.