SportsWrath

Eli Manning Salary Details (Does Not Include Bonus); Now Have $14,127,537 in Cap Space

Mr. P

copied from BBI:

Eli Manning new salary figures: $5.5M (2015 - down from $17M), $17.5M (2016), $13M (2017), $10.5M (2018), $11.5M (2019)

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 26m26 minutes ago

According to the NFLPA, Giants now have $14,097,242 in salary cap space (up from $8,812,537 before Manning's extension).

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 24m24 minutes ago

Manning was due $17.5 million this season. His 2015 salary was reduced to $5.5M ... (but oh, by the way, there's that $31M signing bonus).

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 24m24 minutes ago

Eli Manning's salaries, per NFLPA: $5.5M in '15, $17.5M in '16, $13M in '17, $10.5M in '18, $11.5M in '19.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 20m20 minutes ago

Ralph Vacchiano retweeted Big Blue Interactive

Ooops. Cut/paste the wrong line. Giants' actual cap # is $14,127,537, up from $8,812,537.

Joel Corry @corryjoel 41m41 minutes ago

Eli Manning's 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 salary cap numbers are $14.45M, $24.2M, $19.7M, $22.2M & $23.2M.

Well the Giants can sign Harris for punt returns while Parker drops balls. :cheah:

17 million to take a knee on kickoffs and catch the ball and get tackled immediately because of shitty blocking on punts. So god damn ridiculous. What are they thinking?!

17 million to take a knee on kickoffs and catch the ball and get tackled immediately because of shitty blocking on punts. So god damn ridiculous. What are they thinking?!

:laugh: Not much proper thinking going on in any part of that game, maybe shit will get better this week.

:laugh: Not much proper thinking going on in any part of that game, maybe shit will get better this week.

Their policy of spending on free agents to return kickoffs and punts is EVERY YEAR is asinine. Just use a receiver already on the roster like every other team. Preston Parker might actually be better at it than Harris, anyway.

Here's the main issue I have with this... we have countless holes in the defense and a below average right side of our OL. Part of the problem was injuries, but the larger part was not attacking these areas in free agency. The biggest excuse we're expected to believe that we just didn't have the cap space... well here's the cap space. Why wasn't this done prior to free agency? We free up this much money and maybe we have an NFL Caliber OL, or a DL that can actually get pressure on the QB. Instead we're left with nonsense, bs explanations and excuses.

Their policy of spending on free agents to return kickoffs and punts is EVERY YEAR is asinine. Just use a receiver already on the roster like every other team. Preston Parker might actually be better at it than Harris, anyway.

I've bitched about our special teams for years. they have put us in such bad spots. I brought up the same thing about using a WR or anyone to change things. I guess it's not that important to them as long as it's been bad, they never seem to fix it.

I've bitched about our special teams for years. they have put us in such bad spots. I brought up the same thing about using a WR or anyone to change things. I guess it's not that important to them as long as it's been bad, they never seem to fix it.

Yep, it's the same every year. Luckily, the punter and coverage team seem competent so far. Dwayne Harris was a complete waste of money, though. And we didn't keep an accomplished and proven wide receiver in James Jones because of guys like Parker and Harris who are perceived to be better able to contribute on special teams. Special teams has been made such a small portion of the game it's insane that they focus so much money and attention to it. There is literally no need to put anyone out there return or even to cover kickoffs! There goes like 40% of the need for special teams players.

Here's the main issue I have with this... we have countless holes in the defense and a below average right side of our OL. Part of the problem was injuries, but the larger part was not attacking these areas in free agency. The biggest excuse we're expected to believe that we just didn't have the cap space... well here's the cap space. Why wasn't this done prior to free agency? We free up this much money and maybe we have an NFL Caliber OL, or a DL that can actually get pressure on the QB. Instead we're left with nonsense, bs explanations and excuses.

My guess.. Teams don't let good OLs walk... we tried our luck with Schwartz.. how has that worked out for us? Shit aside from McKenzie, I can't think of an OL signing that was worth a damn... I mean shit.. we let Booth walk and he was adequate, certainly better than Schwartz... but what do I know...

My guess.. Teams don't let good OLs walk... we tried our luck with Schwartz.. how has that worked out for us? Shit aside from McKenzie, I can't think of an OL signing that was worth a damn... I mean shit.. we let Booth walk and he was adequate, certainly better than Schwartz... but what do I know...

O'Hara was pretty good.

Kevin Boothe was terrible his last year here.

Yep, it's the same every year. Luckily, the punter and coverage team seem competent so far. Dwayne Harris was a complete waste of money, though. And we didn't keep an accomplished and proven wide receiver in James Jones because of guys like Parker and Harris who are perceived to be better able to contribute on special teams. Special teams has been made such a small portion of the game it's insane that they focus so much money and attention to it. There is literally no need to put anyone out there return or even to cover kickoffs! There goes like 40% of the need for special teams players.

That's what I said about this signing. There's really no such thing has a returner in today's NFL. Every kickoff goes into the endzone and punters try to punt every punt out of bounds. Yet they gave a returner guaranteed money, they also give Jonathan Casillas guaranteed money because he can tackle on special teams. It's like once McCourty was off the market they had no other plan and bid against themselves for average players

Dwayne Harris 1) isn't making an enormous amount of money, and 2) is so much more than a returner. He's a plus coverage guy and he is an offensive weapon that is going to be very apparent to some of you sooner or later. He's going to have big games and I'm going to be here to say I told you so. He's a big asset.