SportsWrath

Great Win!

Sephiroth

I mean seriously, who doesn't feel awesome about this team going into the offseason? Eli totally played a great game... SO glad we didn't see what we had in Nassib. You don't sit an elite qb like that.

Will Beatty is clearly the left tackle of the future, and now we all know that Hakeem Nicks needs to be back at any cost. Best of all, we escaped the game with no significant injuries.

How about that Kevin Gilbride offense, huh? Did you know that guy has two Super Bowl rings? TWO. I bet the Maras go to bed every night and thank God that he's still with the team.

It's victories like this that propel us into the offseason. I for one am glad we just plummeted seven draft spots... when you see a team perform like ours did today, it makes it all worth it. GO GIANTS!

Yeah, these guys always manage a win or two to close out the season and maintain the status quo. It's getting frustrating.

Still, I hope the two shut-outs and rest of the horrible losses and inexcusable amount of turnovers are as telling to the Maras as they are to every Giants fan ever....

This was one of the wins that I can't get excited about. I can't jump on the boat with people who think our problems are fixed now because we pulled off a squeaker against a team that has a reputation for folding at the end.

The first half, the Giants looked above average, but the second half, they were tromped. If not for the volleyball tip of a Stafford pass and Will Hill getting a gift and running it all the way back, we were handed our asses after half time.

It also cemented our draft position around 12/13th instead of 8/9th, which will come back to haunt us in April when the guy we really, really want and need will get picked just ahead of us. Lucky for us, both Tennessee and Buffalo also won, so we didn't lose draft position with those two teams.

Regardless - it probably saved the jobs of a few players and coaches whose jobs shouldn't be saved. The best thing I took away from the game was that Eli "can" still perform at times and Jernigan looks like he's arriving to be the player we hoped he'd become. Other than that, I didn't go out and celebrate after the game.

I'm more concerned about finding out which of our current players can still get the job done than moving up a few spots in the draft. I didn't see a lot of the game as we had family in to see the baby, but the stats suggest the D looked pretty good. Only 3 catches for the best receiver in football, most of the completions to the RB, 2 Ints and a FF.

I think Fewell deserves to stay.

Seriously....you guys sound pissed they won. The had the cast of the Replacements for a o-Line.....come on now....The core of this team will be back next year...and the core of this team didn't quit...that ain't a bad thing.

C. Wagon

I think the 0-6 start told me everything I need to know about this team.. the team that never quits.

I'm more concerned about finding out which of our current players can still get the job done than moving up a few spots in the draft. I didn't see a lot of the game as we had family in to see the baby, but the stats suggest the D looked pretty good. Only 3 catches for the best receiver in football, most of the completions to the RB, 2 Ints and a FF.

Agreed on seeing how well the o-line replacements played...and the defense has actually been pretty good all year. But if you didn't see the game, then this is all you need to know. They took a comfortable 10 point lead into the half. In the second half, they laid down as if they were playing dead (3 and out, every time the offense was on the field) and the Lions ran off 17 unanswered points with relative ease. The only reason they won the game was because of a throw from Stafford that the receiver didn't hold onto and he tipped it softly into the air right into the hands of Hill like a gift - like manna from heaven...and Hill had pretty much a wide open field in front of him and of course, it was on Detroit's end of the field and he easily ran it back for a TD. So a pick six gift is the ONLY reason the Giants won.

Agreed on seeing how well the o-line replacements played...and the defense has actually been pretty good all year. But if you didn't see the game, then this is all you need to know. They took a comfortable 10 point lead into the half. In the second half, they laid down as if they were playing dead (3 and out, every time the offense was on the field) and the Lions ran off 17 unanswered points with relative ease. The only reason they won the game was because of a throw from Stafford that the receiver didn't hold onto and he tipped it softly into the air right into the hands of Hill like a gift - like manna from heaven...and Hill had pretty much a wide open field in front of him and of course, it was on Detroit's end of the field and he easily ran it back for a TD. So a pick six gift is the ONLY reason the Giants won.

Did we get to see what Moore can do? What about our alleged trade in Nassib? How bad is in the injury Brown suffered? Why win when there's nothing to gain? Couldn't Josh Brown have shanked it at least?

Did we get to see what Moore can do? What about our alleged trade in Nassib? How bad is in the injury Brown suffered? Why win when there's nothing to gain? Couldn't Josh Brown have shanked it at least?

He's adept at jumping offsides during punts.

Would you stfu about Nassib, HE IS NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!

? Anthony... I'm not seeing the reason for you or anyone to tell other posters to stfu. Secondly, the reason I asked is because I and a few posters here feel he should have been playing for 2 reasons:

1. Keep Eli from getting injured in a meaningless game.

2. The kid needs to have hands-on experience. Who knows... we may have a Nick Foles or a Kirk Cousins on our hands.

Seriously....you guys sound pissed they won. The had the cast of the Replacements for a o-Line.....come on now....The core of this team will be back next year...and the core of this team didn't quit...that ain't a bad thing.

C. Wagon

Honestly, I am pissed they won in that fashion. We got absolutely NOTHING out of this game. What we discovered was that our O-line sucks, our QB is below-average when he doesn't have protection, and Kevin Gilbride loves to get away from what works for us... in other words, "we are who we thought we were." As if we didn't already have 14 games to figure that out. Oh also, Andre Brown? Turns out he gets hurt a lot.

If we had won by two scores, I'd be happy. If we had lost big, but gotten to see what Nassib, Moore, Hankins, et. al. could do as starters, I'd be happy. If we had lost, I'd at least be HAPPIER. But to limp to the finish against a team as pathetic as the Lions, yet somehow look just as pathetic... that gives me nothing to be elated about.

I agree. Why not start with the guys we haven't seen yet? Maybe one of them shows us something. At this point, is anyone really clamoring to see if Hakeem Nicks can get his groove back or if Eli Manning will finally get better than a 60% completion percentage on his throws? I understand playing the Justin Tucks of the team... guys fighting for contracts... but really, what did those other two guys give you yesterday?

I totally get "playing for pride." These fucking assholes had 14 games to "play for pride," why don't we give the youngsters a shot at that?

we were 10th in the NFL in defense entering yesterday's games. people still think it's the 1980's and that it's inexcusable to ever get beat deep

Actually this win did not cost them any draft positioning... perhaps one spot... they are in a 3 way tie with 6 wins with Titans and Bills. There are six 4-win teams behind them. So really best case if they lost both of these games, and half of the 4 win teams had split the final two.. we are talking what... 3 draft spots depending on tie breakers?

As far as draft positioning is conserned.. a loss to the Skins would not be the worst thing... Move the skins up into that 4 win group and keep the Gmen in the top 10 picks of the draft. Hopefully to score a stud O-lineman

Looking at the games from a drafting position standard sucks though... I was watching it with my son who is as big a Giants fan as any of us and he was cheering on our team. It made Pride stand out for me...

Actually this win did not cost them any draft positioning... perhaps one spot... they are in a 3 way tie with 6 wins with Titans and Bills. There are six 4-win teams behind them. So really best case if they lost both of these games, and half of the 4 win teams had split the final two.. we are talking what... 3 draft spots depending on tie breakers?

As far as draft positioning is conserned.. a loss to the Skins would not be the worst thing... Move the skins up into that 4 win group and keep the Gmen in the top 10 picks of the draft. Hopefully to score a stud O-lineman

Looking at the games from a drafting position standard sucks though... I was watching it with my son who is as big a Giants fan as any of us and he was cheering on our team. It made Pride stand out for me...

Actually, the Rams own the Skins pick. So it really doesn't matter one way or the other what we do against the Skins, regarding where they pick in the first round.

Most of us are pretty happy with the way the defense has performed overall this year. They are getting zero help from the offense yet they are still fighting and doing their jobs, playing at a high level. This win feels like a loss, though. Our offense stinks, as we all knew, the only thing we "won" in this game is later draft picks than what where we should be picking based on how dismal this team is. I don't think this win saves Gilbride's job, either. But winning this game really wasn't the best outcome. Nobody cares about a week 16 win when you are a non-playoff team. What they care about is being able to rebuild a winner through the draft... and the Giants are managing to screw that up, too. Why don't you guys go out and win next week against the Redskins, while you're at it? That way we can draft around 16-20 yet again.