SportsWrath

T2 down with another knee injury.

Dragon

From ProFootballTalk:

An MRI confirmed that Thomas has an injury to the same ACL that he tore last season, the second time that he tore the ligament. The extent of the injury isn’t known yet and Giants vice president of medical services Ronnie Barnes said that an arthroscopic procedure will likely be needed to find out just how bad things are for Thomas.

“At this point, he will most likely undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the extent of the injury to the ACL,” Barnes said. “However, no decision has been made at this point. Terrell is going to consult with (Arthur) Ting, who performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL in September.”

The Giants will keep their fingers crossed, but it is probably time for Prince Amukamara start preparing himself for the starting job opposite Corey Webster. General Manager Jerry Reese will likely also be sifting through options to bolster the secondary. He could turn to safety Deon Grant, who played for the Giants the last two seasons, and the Giants could go back to the three safety look they played quite often in 2011. That would mean a lot of slot work for Antrel Rolle, which wasn’t a great use of his skills but might again be the best option for the Giants.

As for Thomas, another tear would be devastating for his career. He’d miss two straight seasons, almost certainly lose his job with the Giants (he has a $6 million roster bonus for next season) and be left trying to make the rare recovery from a third tear of the same ACL.

Doesn't sound good

This I do agree with, very much.

And, we GIVE players more money just to shut them up so they possibly play to their potential for a season they are under contract in, anyway (Osi)....

:confused:

And, we GIVE players more money just to shut them up so they possibly play to their potential for a season they are under contract in, anyway (Osi)....

:confused:

Osi is worth it, Rolle.....eh you could make a case, but not a very strong one.

Osi is worth it, Rolle.....eh you could make a case, but not a very strong one.

He'd be worth it if they were extending him, maybe. They buckled and gave him more money for no reason other than to keep him freaking focused because he's a man-child....

But heaven forbid we go into a season with more than 3 cornerbacks who have some real-game experience.

Or, in this case, 1 that apparently wasn't even anywhere near healthy, it seems and 1 that's in his second year and really struggled as a rookie.

I feel for Corey Webster.

But heaven forbid we go into a season with more than 3 cornerbacks who have some real-game experience.

I'm telling you, sometimes Reese is fucking penny wise and pound foolish.

I'm a fan of Reese, but let's face it.....he's had Marc Ross to scout players, and Coughlin to coach them up.....sometimes I think he thinks guys like Aaron Ross just fucking grow on trees or something.

I'm telling you, sometimes Reese is fucking penny wise and pound foolish.

I'm a fan of Reese, but let's face it.....he's had Marc Ross to scout players, and Coughlin to coach them up.....sometimes I think he thinks guys like Aaron Ross just fucking grow on trees or something.

He isn't the best CB in the league, but he was better than anyone else we currently had on the roster other than Webster. Let's face it, as someone mentioned in a thread a few days ago, Thomas wasn't going to be 100%. How do you not resign Ross and instead consider the position covered just by drafting a rookie 3rd rounder and letting your 2nd year player who had no training camp as a rookie and was pretty below average when he did finally get on the field? I didn't get it then and now it's weakened our secondary pretty drastically.

CB is a tough position to find someone who can come in during training camp and do well for your team, too. Let's pray Amukamara can do something, but we still have no proven nickel.

He isn't the best CB in the league, but he was better than anyone else we currently had on the roster other than Webster. Let's face it, as someone mentioned in a thread a few days ago, Thomas wasn't going to be 100%. How do you not resign Ross and instead consider the position covered just by drafting a rookie 3rd rounder and letting your 2nd year player who had no training camp as a rookie and was pretty below average when he did finally get on the field? I didn't get it then and now it's weakened our secondary pretty drastically.

CB is a tough position to find someone who can come in during training camp and do well for your team, too. Let's pray Amukamara can do something, but we still have no proven nickel.

Because Reese leans too much on Marc Ross and Tom Coughlin....that's how.

I hate to say I told you so, but letting Aaron Ross go in free agency was bone-headed.

I know some people like Ross but I'm not one of them. I always thought of him as a liability. And maybe letting him go was a mistake but you know what... hindsight is 20/20.. and who's to say keeping him would have kept Prince off the field... when in fact Prince's potential is astronomical.

Additionally, I didn't think T2 would be ready.. I'm with (I think BK mentioned) that it takes at least two years to recover from that knee injury.

I know some people like Ross but I'm not one of them. I always thought of him as a liability. And maybe letting him go was a mistake but you know what... hindsight is 20/20.. and who's to say keeping him would have kept Prince off the field... when in fact Prince's potential is astronomical.

Additionally, I didn't think T2 would be ready.. I'm with (I think BK mentioned) that it takes at least two years to recover from that knee injury.

But how do you not have the foresight as a GM, to keep one of the only cornerbacks you have on the team who has managed to stay healthy, at least, in recent years? The man started two Super Bowls for us. He may have been a liability at times, especially early last season, but I always thought Ross's shortcomings were far more mental than physical, which is why I think you saw him start to come on for us at the end of the season. He was out of position during the times when he did screw up, but he wasn't getting beat by his man, is what I mean.

You don't let a proven veteran cornerback who is coming on in your defense go off into the sunset without adequately replacing him with a veteran cornerback...not two unproven commodities...one of who is now injured, also.

Like I said, it's beyond me why we carry 3 or less proven commodities at that specific position every year, fully knowing at least two of them will be on IR by week 1. And plus, you had knowledge of injury history with Thomas going into free agency...

Time to bid fond farewell to Mr Thomas

Its a tough game and he's not tough enough to handle it

He's plenty tough.

Just doesn't have the knee to handle it.

Show some class Jack. T2 is a great guy and his career is now done. He was bout to become a pro bowl cb on his way to riches, now he's fried.