SportsWrath

Having a tough time finding the silver lining in this draft.

Sephiroth

Not for nothing Nas, but this line can't hold the O'hara line's jock straps. That had five solid-to-Pro-Bowl-caliber players. This line has maybe one.

Diehl, O'hara, and Snee all made multiple Pro Bowls.

They made each other better... Richburgh and Pugh resemble O'Hara and Snee... not saying they're at the same level but they can be with more experience. Diehl was good for a short period of time... I think Flowers improves a LOT from last year and our like will be decent if not good. I think our OL coaching desperately needs an upgrade.

I don't think the problem is the position (OL) coach. Both this guy and the guy before him are highly regarded throughout the league. At least that's what I read - but what do I - or any of us - really know? .I think Flowers, Jerry and Hart have been fair to poor at executing their assignments. However, I think this is at least partly due to the predictability of our plays. Our scheme has been limited. Opponents are able to read formation, personnel (almost always in 11), down & distance and field position tendencies and have a pretty good idea what's coming......and this is particularly true on the running plays. And when the guy you're trying to block knows what you're going to do before the snap, you can be made to look pretty bad. So I think it's mediocre players (at least so far. I harbor hope for Flowers), not being put in position to succeed but rather, being put in very difficult positions.

They made each other better... Richburgh and Pugh resemble O'Hara and Snee... not saying they're at the same level but they can be with more experience. Diehl was good for a short period of time... I think Flowers improves a LOT from last year and our like will be decent if not good. I think our OL coaching desperately needs an upgrade.

You just bring up David Diehl so I can remind you how great he was for this team.

David Diehl held down left tackle for a respectable five years. Longer than his replacement and his predecessor. He continued to play on our offensive line when every single player from that 2007 line was long gone. Not fucking bad at all for fifth rounder to have a ten year career.

• 2 weeks later...

Ereck Flowers is working hard this offseason to Improve himself. .... although some of the replies in this link are pretty funny.

LINK

Ereck Flowers is working hard this offseason to Improve himself. .... although some of the replies in this link are pretty funny.

LINK

"Every time he tried to leave the facility he found himself holding on to something"

lol

The kid has everything he needs to be a legendary tackle, just cant get the techinique down to save his life. Hopefully there was a coach there beating him over the head with a hammer every time he wanted to overreach.

"Every time he tried to leave the facility he found himself holding on to something"

lol

The kid has everything he needs to be a legendary tackle, just cant get the techinique down to save his life. Hopefully there was a coach there beating him over the head with a hammer every time he wanted to overreach.

It is not about getting technique down for Eric. He knows what he is supposed to do but he has to trust it. So in Canadian terms: Even though your snowblower runs out of gas, it doesn't always mean grab a shovel.

It is not about getting technique down for Eric. He knows what he is supposed to do but he has to trust it. So in Canadian terms: Even though your snowblower runs out of gas, it doesn't always mean grab a shovel.

Right, like I said technique.

lol