SportsWrath

Davis Webb

Sephiroth

I like the pick. There are several tweets and comments from scouts and such that a lot of the experts and such saw him as a late first round guy.

But I like the fact that Webb knows he isn't ready, knows he is 3 years away from significant playing time, knows he has the opportunity of a lifetime to sit behind a potential HOF quarterback and learn from one of the true professionals in the game at the position, and he is excited about all of that.

There is a knock on his deep accuracy, but this isn't Coughlin's and Gillbrides offense anymore, the offense is built around getting the ball out quick and and letting playmakers do their job. The offense is built around the skills Davis has and a few years of learning how to prepare, we could end up transitioning from a franchise QB to a frachise QB right away.

This is just a dumb pick

He has measurables? How is drafting a guy with measurables any different from drafting the combine warrior? Only way I see this working out is if Webb starts the year after Manning retires and we go 2-14 and draft a better QB the following year.

I would love to think this is a diamond in the rough pick, we could have used that kind of player at a position that will play in the next three years.

Easy to be a Debbie Downer and of course not all picks are gonna pan out.... I saw enough in this kid to want us to draft him.... and our FO agreed

Easy to be a Debbie Downer and of course not all picks are gonna pan out.... I saw enough in this kid to want us to draft him.... and our FO agreed

Hey I work hard at it! Have to watch weaknesses on the roster overlooked through free agency, marginalized during the draft and go into training camp with fingers crossed. Then watch a season of those weaknesses being exposed.

Hey I'm sure Webb will be at least as good and possibly as useful as Nassib was. He was drafted with high praise too. :D

Hey I work hard at it! Have to watch weaknesses on the roster overlooked through free agency, marginalized during the draft and go into training camp with fingers crossed. Then watch a season of those weaknesses being exposed.

Hey I'm sure Webb will be at least as good and possibly as useful as Nassib was. He was drafted with high praise too. :D

How long have you been a Giants fan?

This kid isn't getting a fair share....

I liked Jerry's third round pick last year. Would've preferred Justin Simmons, but thought Darian Thompson was a good pick. I don't think there's some 3rd round curse with Reese, and I think that just because Reese has missed in the third in the past, doesn't mean he can't hit a homerun in the third in his next at-bat. Just thought that if you have Samaje Perine on the board there, D'onta Foreman, Dorian Johnson, Ike Asiata, or a corner in Jourdan Lewis. These are guys that can help you early. The Giants are built right now to make a run at the Super Bowl. Next year's QB class blows this one out of the water. Eli has 3 years left on his deal, so assuming he completes that deal and Webb takes over, assuming Eli is still an iron man, you now have 1 year with which to evaluate Webb before he's a free agent. I suppose you could franchise him like the Skins are doing with Cousins, but it seems to me that with the team built the way it is right now, go get a player that can help you this year put another Lombardi in the trophy case. Who here thinks that Ike Asiata wouldn't help do that? Or Jourdan Lewis as a 4th corner, can play the nickel? I don't get this pick, I just really feel next year was the year to go get Eli's heir.

Sorry Jim, I should of said it wasnt directed at anyone here.

Just on the old GMB there was a thread that had a lot of talk about using our third and fourh along with the first to trade up into the top 15 type of deal to get a guy, and nearly everyone in there was saying the same thing about JR and his lack of success in the later rounds.

But after picking Webb now everyone over there suddenly thinks we just passed on a hall of fame player in the third round.

I'm not a fan of the pick like most here, I feel like the Gints are all in this year and next to try and get another playoff run, could of been spent on someone who can contribute on special teams atleast.

However like I said I don't feel like it was a waste, more of an investment down the road that we dont have to spend later.

I thinki this is why bleeding doesn't show up anymore. Really took it to the heart that is Syracuse crush didn't workout.

Sorry Jim, I should of said it wasnt directed at anyone here.

Just on the old GMB there was a thread that had a lot of talk about using our third and fourh along with the first to trade up into the top 15 type of deal to get a guy, and nearly everyone in there was saying the same thing about JR and his lack of success in the later rounds.

But after picking Webb now everyone over there suddenly thinks we just passed on a hall of fame player in the third round.

I'm not a fan of the pick like most here, I feel like the Gints are all in this year and next to try and get another playoff run, could of been spent on someone who can contribute on special teams atleast.

However like I said I don't feel like it was a waste, more of an investment down the road that we dont have to spend later.

It's all good. I hope he's what the Giants think of him. If the Giants took him in next year's draft, I'm cool with it. I just felt the opportunity cost was a little high with this one. I hope he lights it up for us.

I like it a lot they have an opt out on Eli that will save them $22 million in 2019 which also coincides with the time they have to pay OBJ.

Eli was not good last year....I'm sorry he wasn't. Did we all forget the Eagles game?

The Giants want their Favre to Rodgers situation not Peyton to Painter situation, this is much different than Nassib who was never NFL ready. Webb I think is good his deep ball accuracy does suffer, but understand CAL runs a lot of four verts. Davis had 4300 yards, 37 td's and only 12 picks on 620 attempts. There was talk Giants wanted Mahomes in the first and Webb is very similar from the same scheme. In fact Webb originally beat out Mahomes for the starting job at Texas Tech and then lost it to injury

There was no offensive lineman worth it in this class. I didn't even love the top guys so I don't who everybody wanted there. The Pats took Garcia two picks before Webb...then the next offensive lineman didn't go until pick 115 next OT didn't go until pick 130 which was J'ulien Davenport who's a developmental guy from Bucknell. They weren't going to upgrade Flowers in this draft.

Now as far as LB's they play mainly a 4-2-5 and simply don't utilize LB's enough to warrant a high pick. Yes we get killed by TE's but I think Thompson coming back and Collins being able to play more "man free" will help more than any LB

Where are people getting that his deep ball accuracy is poor? Do we have figures on this?

He has the best arm in the draft I don't see poor deep ball accuracy either, but they run four verts so he has a lot of attempts deep which means the accuracy suffers

"You're going to draft a quarterback that's not going to play for at least 3-4 years? Eli hasn't missed a game in his entire career - not one game," O'Hara said during the NFL Network's broadcast of the draft. "They still have some holes on the offensive line."

O'Hara's comments were made before the Giants packaged their sixth- and seven-round picks in a trade with the Titans to move up seven spots to pick Bisnowaty. It's unlikely that pick would have changed O'Hara's opinion after the Giants bypassed offensive linemen earlier to draft Webb.

"I look at this draft and I can't believe that they're again not going to help out on the offensive line, create some more competition," O'Hara said. "To me, that third-round pick was a waste. I think that quarterback Webb, as good as his arm is, he's not going to see the field. So now any other position, you would not draft a guy in the third round and say, 'Hey, maybe we'll see you in three or four years down the road.' No. This is Eli Manning's prime. You just went out and got Brandon Marshall. You added D.J. Fluker to the offensive line. You have a great opportunity now to make a huge statement, protect Eli and help him out. I think they're missing out on it."

Doesn't Anticipate throws, Plays in the wide open offense.

Doesn't play under center. Yes he has a strong arm.

I don't like him the same reason I think Patrick Mahomes(sP) will be a bust. Graham Harrel and BJ Symons Jr.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2 SOURCES TELL US "He obviously is going to need coaching after being in those offenses at Texas Tech and Cal. I think he has enough between the ears to unlearn some of his bad habits and start to get things right. I see another Nick Foles if you give him time to develop." -- AFC area scout NFL COMPARISON Brock Osweiler BOTTOM LINE System quarterback with more than 65 percent of his attempts coming inside of 10 yards. Webb has enough raw talent to be considered a developmental prospect, but his decision-making and accuracy issues beyond 10 yards is a big red flag that might be tough to overcome in the NFL.

-Lance Zierlein

If he has a stronger arm than mahome then he's got a strong fucking arm

They're about the same. Mahomes had the stronger arm at the combine, Webb was 2nd and not far behind. Looks to me like Webb has the more compact motion, so that's a plus.

So damn hard to find good splits for college stats.