SportsWrath

Official NFL Draft 2017 thread

Bigblue25

I know we're all focused on our new guy, but I'm surprised nobody brought up the Bears/49ers trade. We should take a collection to buy the Bears GM a rape kit.

Ha that must've been the dumbest trade in draft history.... rivals the Ricky Williams debacle

I know we're all focused on our new guy, but I'm surprised nobody brought up the Bears/49ers trade. We should take a collection to buy the Bears GM a rape kit.

Outside of the whole "Lynch bluffed his way to an extra third and fourth round pick" I really don't think there's much to go on.

Bears got their QB, SF got a bunch of picks most people here say are useless if it was JR with those picks.

I hope this was a situation where they loved the player and couldn't pass up the value. If they just felt it was time to take a shot on someone bc Eli is 36 then I'd rather we focus on our window to win now

I hope this was a situation where they loved the player and couldn't pass up the value. If they just felt it was time to take a shot on someone bc Eli is 36 then I'd rather we focus on our window to win now

GM's can't draft like that tho, but I understand where youre coming from

I think it's the former... the kid can be something special... The Giants are in no rush to find Eli's replacement.

GM's can't draft like that tho, but I understand where youre coming from

I agree that generally you can't but I also think a 36 year old qb capable of taking you all the way with a top defense can allow you to focus a little more on the now. I just hope they really believe in Davis

ah there goes that offensive line help we've been waiting for and moved up to grab

Adam Bisonwaty

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/adam-bisnowaty?id=2557834

STRENGTHS Well-built with proportional frame. Length is average, but his attention to arm extension helps make the most of it. Possesses good upper-body strength and his pass punch has some snap to it. Aggressively passes off twisting defensive ends to his guard. Does a good job of thumping at initial contact as run blocker. Rolls hips up under him after contact as a base blocker. Controlled climber to second level with a wide base. Wrestler in high school. Brawler with a mean streak. Able to exchange power for power if defender challenges him in a phone booth. Gets into his kick slide with good weight distribution.

WEAKNESSES

Has missed time in each of his first three seasons with injuries to his ankle twice and back once. Limited bender with stiffness in his lower half. Unable to unlock hips and gain necessary ground in his pass sets. Lack of slide depth against speedy edge rushers forces him to open gate early and lunge. Appeared much more plodding in 2016 compared to his junior season. Struggles to change direction and unable to redirect weight back inside consistently enough to cut off inside moves. Able to get out into space but has a low connection percentage beyond line of scrimmage. Pad level way too high. Rarely able to get across the face of his opponent when zone blocking.