SportsWrath

Rebuilding year

Sephiroth

Yes, I know that the Giants are supposed to be built to "win now' and maybe they can rack some up over the second half of the season, but don't forget that most of us had them pegged to have a losing season this year when the schedule was announced. I don't think any of us thought they were a "win now" team, Eli or not.

You can't fix everything in a year. At least 2/5 of the line still sucks (I think Greco will end up better than Halapio though) and we pretty much don't have any pass rush.

6 wins sounds good this year. Next year is where we'll shine with more spending cash and a more cohesive team.

If they are only getting 6 wins, Id just assume they just go 3-13 again. 6 wins we probably wont even pick in the top 10.

It took a big blow last night, but I still believe the season can be salvaged. The clock is running out fast though.

“I don’t know why people have these really high expectations,” Banks said. “This is a team with a lot of turnover. You had a quarterback yesterday who was uncomfortable from the word go. He missed a few plays. He had a few that he coulda hit, but as a whole they’re still trying to find themselves. Its five all new offensive linemen, this is their second game together, this is their second game with their coach. This is not excuses because what we saw yesterday is what we saw. Every team in the NFL I give them one month before we know exactly where they are and what direction they’re headed in.”

Carl Banks

“I don’t know why people have these really high expectations,” Banks said. “This is a team with a lot of turnover. You had a quarterback yesterday who was uncomfortable from the word go. He missed a few plays. He had a few that he coulda hit, but as a whole they’re still trying to find themselves. Its five all new offensive linemen, this is their second game together, this is their second game with their coach. This is not excuses because what we saw yesterday is what we saw. Every team in the NFL I give them one month before we know exactly where they are and what direction they’re headed in.”

Carl Banks

Yep I think we all seen it that same way.

The team was probably never going to the playoffs, but we all just want to see it headed in the right direction.

This is a roster $6 million under the cap that dropped 8 players that made their final cut and picked up 8 players from waivers who were cut by other teams. 8 depth and special teams players werent even on the team over the summer. Thats how poor the roster was and is. Thats what Jerry Reese got them into. And Gettleman is wasting time on the Jonathan Stewarts of the world.

This looks like macdoos team. Shurmar wasn't the guy to fix it. We need to get rid of him. OBJ is overrated and now overpaid. Maybe it's Eli's fault but Eli made some average receivers look good ( Cruz and manning ham)

This looks like macdoos team. Shurmar wasn't the guy to fix it. We need to get rid of him. OBJ is overrated and now overpaid. Maybe it's Eli's fault but Eli made some average receivers look good ( Cruz and manning ham)

Eli isnt Eli anymore

This is a roster $6 million under the cap that dropped 8 players that made their final cut and picked up 8 players from waivers who were cut by other teams. 8 depth and special teams players werent even on the team over the summer. Thats how poor the roster was and is. Thats what Jerry Reese got them into. And Gettleman is wasting time on the Jonathan Stewarts of the world.

Stewart has looked decent in his regular season snaps. 4 ypc, woo!

Important to note: This is correctable and not a fatal flaw.

Oh I know it's correctable and coach able but holy fuck this is high school level stuff.

Think they would be further at this point.

Not to take anything away from the Cowboys but a lot of those sacks were just plan fuck ups by the oline.

Oh I know it's correctable and coach able but holy fuck this is high school level stuff.

Think they would be further at this point.

Not to take anything away from the Cowboys but a lot of those sacks were just plan fuck ups by the oline.

It is about knowing the guy next to you is going to do what he is supposed to be doing so you can focus on what you have to do. It is the second game of the season, it is the second time this offense has been on the field together. We talk about the offensive line gelling... these mistakes are just a sign of them not being there yet. This is where I think running the ball going to help get the offensive line working together a bit faster.

It is about knowing the guy next to you is going to do what he is supposed to be doing so you can focus on what you have to do. It is the second game of the season, it is the second time this offense has been on the field together. We talk about the offensive line gelling... these mistakes are just a sign of them not being there yet. This is where I think running the ball going to help get the offensive line working together a bit faster.

This aggravated me more than anything else Sunday night. Barkley touched the ball 25 times but only 11 of those were carries. In fact out of our 60+ offensive plays we only rushed 17 times... and 2 of those were QB Sneaks. Why in God's name are we having an aging QB drop back 40+ times when the OL CLEARLY can't handle the rush being thrown at them?

I do agree with you you can't just slam free agents and back ups into a starting role and expect them to suddenly be a top unit in the NFL at the Oline.

I'm just saying you spent all off season together most of these assignments are really basic things.

CB on the outside of the line? The guard kicks over to take the DE and the tackle takes the blitzing guy ir you motion the RB to pick up the blitzing guy and the blocking remains the same on the lone.

I dunno we used to call this shit out all the time in high school football and even in college then again neither as the same beasts as the NFL.

Just more disappointed to see that our Oline isn't farther along just in understanding of basic blocking schemes or adjustments then what they are. Think that's why I'm so frustrated by it.

I do agree with you you can't just slam free agents and back ups into a starting role and expect them to suddenly be a top unit in the NFL at the Oline.

I'm just saying you spent all off season together most of these assignments are really basic things.

CB on the outside of the line? The guard kicks over to take the DE and the tackle takes the blitzing guy ir you motion the RB to pick up the blitzing guy and the blocking remains the same on the lone.

I dunno we used to call this shit out all the time in high school football and even in college then again neither as the same beasts as the NFL.

Just more disappointed to see that our Oline isn't farther along just in understanding of basic blocking schemes or adjustments then what they are. Think that's why I'm so frustrated by it.

I also would have to question film study on the opponent... everyone knows Dallas like to run the read option... shit I don't mind getting fooled once... but getting fooled every time was fucking embarrassing...

It's true the O-line is shit, but as someone pointed out, that's because nobody knows what to do on stunts.

These guys played together for five quarters before the first game. That's it. They look confused and out of place much more than they look overmatched (though they sometimes look that way too). They have a chance to be adequate, maybe even decent-to-good, but if they're missing assignments because they're not very smart as opposed to just all being new this is gonna be a long season.

People are shitting on the offense (and rightfully so) but as Tom Baby will tell you, nobody throws the ball very well on their ass.