SportsWrath

First game down

RandolphScott

4. Barkley is gonna be a player. After the pick 6, that game would have been over last year. Barkley at least made it interesting.

Dude should have tackled for a lost twice on that 68 yarder. Great play by this kid. Imagine if we actually get him a line

I think its a LOT of over-reaction here.

This offense will find a lot more success against all teams from here on. The Jags were the litmus test.

How this defense plays against better offenses is what Id like to see. Eli and Jenkins played well and the LB core looks like a vast improvement. Maybe they should start playing more tosses and trap runs instead of between the tackles since obviously we arent giving Barkley any room.

Engram needs to fucking haul those in. if not for those drops, this game could have been very very different.

Flowers can maybe be in rotation against lesser DL guys but isnt starter worthy material.

If they kick Dallas's but next week Im a happy man.

I can see before week 8 Getty trading for a Oline stater

Man I want your optometrist!!!

This is just not going to happen which is why average players like Solder get paid so well when they are available.

The guys we have are just going to have to continue to work hard and learn to play together / in synch with more regularity.

Flowers alone was the difference.

In his defense, Campbell did that to everyone he lined up against.

Shepard on the balance had a good day. I saw a lot of good routes and very good run blocking from him too.

Engram did not block well at all. And why, WHY was he ever in a position to block Calais Campbell one on one?

Eli overthrowing that td didnt help either

Yes, I know he was pressured but just not accurate at all. Even most of the receptions were not in stride with the receiver.

As far as the D goes, I can't believe how liucky we were that the Jags went away from the roll right option because we never stopped it.

I can see before week 8 Getty trading for a Oline stater and then drafting Oline next year.

Really just acouple competent starting tackles and the Giants are probably laughing on their way to a playoff run.

The troubles are deeper than that. They might be the worst run blocking OLine I've ever seen. I'll give them a few more weeks to 'gel' before I go full retard on them but Barkley couldn't find a hole in a whorehouse if those guys were with him.

Flowers alone was the difference.

In his defense, Campbell did that to everyone he lined up against.

Shepard on the balance had a good day. I saw a lot of good routes and very good run blocking from him too.

Engram did not block well at all. And why, WHY was he ever in a position to block Calais Campbell one on one?

These are some of the clear flaws evident in Schurmer and Schula's gameplan for yesterday.

And again, not to belabor the point, but more Barkely on the flanks and the passing game, also more Gallman mixed in as well in general, on traditional runs. Gallman is currently a tougher back than Barkely.

Gotta agree with everything here. Also:

1. Engram led all TEs in drops last year and had three today on five targets. Considering that the guy I wanted (George Kittle) is looking pretty fantastic AND actually blocks too, I'm going to be really pissed if this asshole doesn't pull it together.

I won't defend the drops but the chip Engram put on the DE was killer. Perfectly timed to catch him off balance. He's in there blocking well for his size too, I don't think you can fault that aspect of his game.

Also, true to form. Flowers had at least two pass plays where he retreated, failed to touch the defender, and ran around in a circle after the defender blew by him.

I'll say again, I'm not an offensive line expert...but one thing I know is that in order to pass block, you need to actually make contact with the defender and/or you need to at least get between the QB and the defender lol. The fact that this concept is so hard for Flowers demonstrates that he's not cut out for this league.

I didnt understand some of the play calling around Barkley. Barkley is best on the flanks and in space (and his best plays were from those areas), and with our garbage o line didnt get the insistence on so many interior runs. Plus 2 catches for Barkley is unacceptable.

The 2 point attempt was the biggest headscratcher for me. The OLine couldn't open holes for Barkely all day, so let's try it again on the goal line against a stacked box AFTER a 68 yard sprint.

I don't think you should give up on Barkley having success up the middle just because of one game against arguably the best D in the NFL.

That's what slows down the rush so it would be good to establish going forward.

Yeah, it is way to early to give up running behind Will Hernandez this season. The Cowboys front 7 will be really tough to run between the tackles too

Yes, I know he was pressured but just not accurate at all. Even most of the receptions were not in stride with the receiver.

As far as the D goes, I can't believe how liucky we were that the Jags went away from the roll right option because we never stopped it.

Nobody does. Bortles is unstoppable on those plays and its a big reason they blew the lead against the pats.

Other than the fact that Myles jack wasnt down. Awesome job by him having tds two games in a row

Nobody does. Bortles is unstoppable on those plays and its a big reason they blew the lead against the pats.

Other than the fact that Myles jack wasnt down. Awesome job by him having tds two games in a row

Have you mentioned that before? I was thinking that perhaps without Fournette they lacked the decoy to make that play work. But they never even tried again.

If they tweak a few things, I feel like this offense can be explosive.

1 - As I said, get Barkley more touches in space, particularly in the passing game. Less interior touches (Im not saying do away with them, just shift the mix)

2 - Gallman needs to have 5-8 touches per game as the grinder, interior back, since he is much tougher and can change the pace, keeping offenses off balance. In fact, Id be interested in sets where we split out Saquon, and put Gallman in the backfield to really mess with defenses.

3 - Engram needs to be used less on long 15 + routes, more on intermediate routes. Clearly his tracking/hands arent consistent enough for the long ball, yet.

The above should open up more opportunities for Odell and Shep as well.

The 2 point attempt was the biggest headscratcher for me. The OLine couldn't open holes for Barkely all day, so let's try it again on the goal line against a stacked box AFTER a 68 yard sprint.

I forgot about that but youre absolutely right. I definitely made note of that head scratcher during the game

If they tweak a few things, I feel like this offense can be explosive.

1 - As I said, get Barkley more touches in space, particularly in the passing game. Less interior touches (Im not saying do away with them, just shift the mix)

2 - Gallman needs to have 5-8 touches per game as the grinder, interior back, since he is much tougher and can change the pace, keeping offenses off balance. In fact, Id be interested in sets where we split out Saquon, and put Gallman in the backfield to really mess with defenses.

3 - Engram needs to be used less on long 15 + routes, more on intermediate routes. Clearly his tracking/hands arent consistent enough for the long ball, yet.

The above should open up more opportunities for Odell and Shep as well.

Worth mentioning, Gallman was injured second half at some point.

That was a long run to not give him a break after, but he is there for that sort of situation. He only missed getting the 2 points by inches... maybe if he was running behind big Rhett instead of Engram he gets there.