SportsWrath

Soo Alex Smith to the Skins.

BlueInCanada

They dodged a bullet though and Cousins own greed cost him his place in Washington.

Cousins was exposed and cost himself a few million guaranteed this year.

Atleast with Smith they get a guy who is coming off a career year, and they didnt give up anything besides a third and a corner they didnt need.

And they can still get a franchise QB in the draft.

Instead of the Redskins having to throw the same money at Cousins who has been losing them games, they got Smith and didnt even have to get into a bidding war with some team.

Maybe I'm overvaluing Smith and undervaluing Cousins but the Reskins just got a vastly better at the QB position.

Hard to know when the majority of information isn't reliable. I doubt though that the Redskins would have had to go balls deep if they had tried to sign Cousins on his first franchise. The problem is they didn't try any real negotiations and then re-franchised him and still weren't trying to get him into a long term deal. Cousins has every right to feel slighted because the Redskins disrespected him at every turn. Smith "looks" good because the Chiefs have a great running game he can dump to. When those guys are held in check the O sinks.

As for Cousins if I were the Browns I'd go at him hard. If they lock up a QB and with those draft picks the Browns could turn around quick (assuming Jackson finds a way to coach).

Cousins doesn't impress me. I heard somebody say onetime, "he's just good enough to lose" and I think that's accurate. If you look at Smith and Cousins side-by-side over the past four years, Cousins probably has all the stats but Smith has all the wins. I'll take the second guy over the first guy any day.

Theyre thinking about franchising cousins to try to get some compensation when he leaves. I cant imagine this would work. Teams would just wait it out until the deadline and the skins would rescind it. Meanwhile the skins would have a cap hold of 30+ mil during free agency

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always thought Alex Smith is an underrated QB. Yeah, he's a "game manager," but he wins everywhere he goes... maybe not Super Bowl wins, but he wins.

San Francisco wanted to be really smart by benching Smith for Colin Kaepernick. How did that work out for them? Have they even sniffed the playoffs since he left?

Meanwhile, Kansas City's gone 53-27 with Smith at QB. That's pretty darn good.

The Skins won't be sexy with Smith at QB, but they'll be solid, reliable, and yeah, probably pretty good.

Skins have no wr's no Kelsey no hunt. Smith will crash .

You cant pencil people in to miss more than half a season.

Crowder is pretty good too and doctson started to come on last year as well. I thought Washington supposedly losing their weapons last year was an overblown story. Garcon is a declining possession receiver and Jackson has been living off his rep for like 5 years now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fringe to go back to our conversation in January, I would have rather Bortles at 26 mil guaranteed than cousins at 84 mil guaranteed. Its even sweeter now after adding a guard who gave up 0 qb hits last year

Fringe to go back to our conversation in January, I would have rather Bortles at 26 mil guaranteed than cousins at 84 mil guaranteed. Its even sweeter now after adding a guard who gave up 0 qb hits last year

yup youre right. Who wouldve thought that Jacksonville becomes a better destination than NYG. Coughlin must be chuckling.

Minny went all in. I think Cousins can do well in their offense.

Cousins is just Cutler with a better attitude.

The guy is just an awful qb and even worse with the game on his shoulders.

Oh well they gotta fill those seats in Minnesota to pay for that stadium, gotta look like they are doing something.

• 1 month later...

Cousins is just Cutler with a better attitude.

The guy is just an awful qb and even worse with the game on his shoulders.

Oh well they gotta fill those seats in Minnesota to pay for that stadium, gotta look like they are doing something.

The stats don't back that up.