SportsWrath

1st round predictions:

JMFP

I bet the could get #45 (Titan's lowest 2nd round pick of three).

I agree that Tennessee would trade the 45th pick to get their guy (presumably Ronnie Stanley). Now, is Stanley going to be at 10? Tennessee probably would rather trade with the Niners or Browns to make sure they get him. Possibly even to #6 with the Ravens. Paxton Lynch is the big wild card here... because if the Saints, Jets, or Bills trade up to 6 with the Ravens, then that could push Stanley to us at 10, and make it more likely that Tennessee would be a good trade partner with us. Of course, that would mean that Lynch is off the board for the Niners and Browns, so then Stanley is in play for both of those teams as well.

Chris Collinsworth has us picking WR Corey Coleman even at #10. He makes a good point. In so many words, opposing defenses already have to key in on ODB, which would leave Corey Coleman in a lot of 1:1 situations with opposing DBs; with Corey Coleman's release speed and his plant agility, which looks similar to ODB (minus the long arms and same hands as ODB), this is a nightmare scenario for opposing defenses. Try bumping him, and he may burn you long. Try playing off, and he may in-cut or hitch you all day for 7-10 yards per punch.

I think if you have a top-ten pick, you pick a guy who's going to be the best on the team at his relative position. If you're talking about OBJ as your 1A and Coleman as a 2A I could buy this, but I don't think you take him unless he has a similar talent ceiling as a #1 WR... you just don't take the best #2 guy with a top ten pick.

I think if you have a top-ten pick, you pick a guy who's going to be the best on the team at his relative position. If you're talking about OBJ as your 1A and Coleman as a 2A I could buy this, but I don't think you take him unless he has a similar talent ceiling as a #1 WR... you just don't take the best #2 guy with a top ten pick.

That's a fair argument. I think it's a key factor. It's also one of the reason's I'd prefer to trade down.

For me, the factor I'm looking at is: overall influence this player will have on the team (perhaps the next 2-5 years). In my view, him paired with ODB, he immediately enhances the entire offense by throwing opposing defenses off balance.

Coleman certainly could develop into a #1 on a lot of teams. But him paired with ODB could prove decisive and devastating.

Another way of looking at it is, if we didn't have ODB or another 'A' grade WR, I wouldn't be so high on Coleman at #10 - 15. It's about the mix and incremental effect he'd add.

Trading up for Stanley when Conklin will likely be available...don't see that happening for Tennessee.

As for WRs, my point is that there are greater needs on this team to address at #10...AND that the WR class as a whole is underwhelming this year comparatively. I'd much rather go LB or DE, preparing in advance should JPP not be back after his 1-year prove it deal...which is a distinct possibility given what we're paying Harrison and Olivier.

Trading up for Stanley when Conklin will likely be available...don't see that happening for Tennessee.

As for WRs, my point is that there are greater needs on this team to address at #10...AND that the WR class as a whole is underwhelming this year comparatively. I'd much rather go LB or DE, preparing in advance should JPP not be back after his 1-year prove it deal...which is a distinct possibility given what we're paying Harrison and Olivier.

I can easily see it happening. Conventional thinking is Conklin is a RT now and plus run blocker, that may develop into a LT talent, but Stanley already has LT feet and NFL pass protection skills right now. They might value Conklin because they have Taylor Lewan on the left side and he had a big year last season, but if the idea is the best pass protector you can get, then it's probably Stanley, or Decker... the other side of this is that they may have their eye on Tunsil, if he falls to 7 or 8, that might be the guy the trade up for.

That's a fair argument. I think it's a key factor. It's also one of the reason's I'd prefer to trade down.

For me, the factor I'm looking at is: overall influence this player will have on the team (perhaps the next 2-5 years). In my view, him paired with ODB, he immediately enhances the entire offense by throwing opposing defenses off balance.

Coleman certainly could develop into a #1 on a lot of teams. But him paired with ODB could prove decisive and devastating.

Another way of looking at it is, if we didn't have ODB or another 'A' grade WR, I wouldn't be so high on Coleman at #10 - 15. It's about the mix and incremental effect he'd add.

I'm sure arguments can be made for any position... I think this is the year we finally address the LB situation... what good is having a good offense if your defense keeps giving up points or can't stop the clock.... Although I'm afraid of Jack's knee issue, I don't see how else he's been projected top 10 in every mock even top 5 if that fear is unfounded.

Let's just say I'll be very upset if we go anything other than LB or DE in the first.

I've read/heard that jack's knee stuff is just bullshit rumors leaked by teams that want him. I have no idea what to believe thiugh and tomorrow night can't get here fast enough. The last week or two before the draft is always nausiating

Def not :/ and that was my only reservation.... I doubt Buckner is there at 10 and Im not sure Lee is worth it at 10...

Im not too crazy about Floyd because I want a pure LB... The Kiwi experiment didn't work so well.

He will be a bust.

Def not :/ and that was my only reservation.... I doubt Buckner is there at 10 and Im not sure Lee is worth it at 10...

Im not too crazy about Floyd because I want a pure LB... The Kiwi experiment didn't work so well.

I don't think you can judge Floyd based on how Kiwanuka or Sintim turned out. Floyd is a great risk/reward player and we'll find out tomorrow what the Giants think of him at 10.

Last year NFL draft boards had a healthy safety named Landon Collins in the top ten and he dropped straight on down into the second round where we moved up to get him. Now if Myles Jack drops he might very well be there in the second round and I think a team might take that risk, maybe this one.

Titans might be willing to trade up for Tunsil.....there is a chance he might fall to 10 considering the needs of the other teams above

In my official mock, I have Tunsil at 10. We'll see!

You guys are nuts... No way Tunsil makes it past #5...

There are rumors about Tunsil's off the field stuff, but who knows. Could just be pre draft fodder by the media, to make a story where there is none

He's being sued by his stepfather over a past assault, but it's a civil case. The criminal charges were dropped, so I don't think he'd be subject to NFL discipline.

You guys are nuts... No way Tunsil makes it past #5...

Wut? He can easily make it past 5. Teams want defense... Ramsey, Buckner, Leonard Floyd/Bosa... and he's past 5. I think if he gets by the Chargers, he could make it to us, and he's not a sure bet to be the first tackle taken off the board. We just don't know how these other teams have their draft board... they could prefer Stanley. Not saying you're right, Nas... but it's not all that far-fetched. He's not even a good fit with a lot of these teams. I still may change it, because I think the Chargers would prefer him to Ramsey, but I mocked Ramsey there because I think someone will trade up to get him, and at least I'll get points for the pick in the right spot, if not to the right team.