SportsWrath

1st round predictions:

JMFP

Mine: Ezekiel Elliott RB.

Elliott will fall to #10, Reese will jump on him.

Bonus predictions:

2nd round, Giants will take top graded offensive lineman, or top graded cornerback, depending on their chart at the time. My guess is Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

3rd round Rashard Robinson CB

Giants hold off on linebacker until 5th round, take Antonio Morrison ILB Florida.

:blink: Elliot?? If Elliot drops to us, I still think Hargreaves or Floyd will be on the board at the time. I for one don't see the Giants taking Elliot.

Even Elliot might not be that good behind the OL that we have right now. But I do admit - Eli, OBJ, Elliot and Cruz back healthy - does look pretty darn good

:blink: Elliot?? If Elliot drops to us, I still think Hargreaves or Floyd will be on the board at the time. I for one don't see the Giants taking Elliot.

Even Elliot might not be that good behind the OL that we have right now. But I do admit - Eli, OBJ, Elliot and Cruz back healthy - does look pretty darn good

I agree. I'm not saying it's a good choice.

I'm predicting what Reese will do, not giving you my choices.

I said it before, it's an interesting draft, mainly because JR is in a save face mode this year.

Many people have us going with the safe pick in Lee, Stanley or the risky pick in Floyd.

I wouldnt be surprised to see JR go Elliot or Tredwell simply because he wants to make a splash.

Who knows what's gonna happen, JR could pick a fucking QB for all I know at 10.

If Hargreaves, Bruckner, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack or Tunsil don't magically fall to #10, my prediction is Reese will go after OL, likely with Stanley or Conklin.

Overall, I'd be happy or at least satisfied with any of the above or:

LB Leonard Floyd

DE Shaq Lawson

*WR Corey Coleman (This is my preferred #1 pick. I'd like to trade down to the teens and take him. Perhaps we can trade with Tennessee for #15 and their 3rd rounder?).

WR Josh Doctson (another trade down scenario)

Unsure at #10 about:

LB Reggie Ragland

DL Sheldon Rankins

DE Emmanual Ogbah

DL Robert Nkemdiche (he's probably overrated, and turns into one of these DEs that gets 30 tackles 2 sacks per season, and that's it)

LB Darron Lee (maybe if we trade down)

DE Kevin Dodd (maybe if we trade down)

Don't really want at #10:

Any QB in the first round (or any early rounds, for that matter)

The Alabama DTs. As much as I think they'll be good in the NFL, right now our DT position seems fine, plus I foresee Reese resigning Hankins, so how much money between Hankins, Harrison, and Bromley do we really want at this position?

WR Will Fuller. Can run verticals, but what else?

DL Robert Nkemdiche (he's probably overrated, and turns into one of these DEs that gets 30 tackles 2 sacks per season, and that's it)

I've heard that guy definitely has some weird shit going on. He wants to get a pet panther with his signing bonus first thing (who does that), and lived with his football coaches in High School for a while. Definite red flags.

I'd love a trade-down with Tennessee but I'd want a lot more than a 3rd. They're holding 3 x 2nd right now.

Using the draft value chart, a 1st and 3rd from Tennessee (and maybe a late round pick) seems appropriate. But the buyer has to be willing to buy, seller willing to sell etc, and it doesn't always conform to the chart values.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Chris Collinsworth has us picking WR Corey Coleman even at #10. He makes a good point. In so many words, opposing defenses already have to key in on ODB, which would leave Corey Coleman in a lot of 1:1 situations with opposing DBs; with Corey Coleman's release speed and his plant agility, which looks similar to ODB (minus the long arms and same hands as ODB), this is a nightmare scenario for opposing defenses. Try bumping him, and he may burn you long. Try playing off, and he may in-cut or hitch you all day for 7-10 yards per punch.

A compliment to OBJ is a definite goal for this draft...not sure about the first round though. Still need to think about that RT/RG spot. LB, DE, S are all definite needs still unaddressed. A WR...sure, but only in the 3rd or 4th as far as I'm concerned.

Further, the talent at WR just doesn't seem to be there. The clear #1 WR for months, Treadwell, has dropped outside the top 10. And you hear these other names, Doctson, Coleman, etc....but none seem to be cracking the top 10 overall. I guess if nobody is willing or able to make themselves stand out, I'm not making them a top 10 overall pick.

Of the players expected to be taken in the near vicinity of #10, I'd take Floyd, Lawson, Hargreaves, Stanley, Jack, Conklin, Elliott all before any of the WRs in the draft.

A compliment to OBJ is a definite goal for this draft...not sure about the first round though. Still need to think about that RT/RG spot. LB, DE, S are all definite needs still unaddressed. A WR...sure, but only in the 3rd or 4th as far as I'm concerned.

Further, the talent at WR just doesn't seem to be there. The clear #1 WR for months, Treadwell, has dropped outside the top 10. And you hear these other names, Doctson, Coleman, etc....but none seem to be cracking the top 10 overall. I guess if nobody is willing or able to make themselves stand out, I'm not making them a top 10 overall pick.

Of the players expected to be taken in the near vicinity of #10, I'd take Floyd, Lawson, Hargreaves, Stanley, Jack, Conklin, Elliott all before any of the WRs in the draft.

Checkout video on youtube (game tape, not the highlights) of Corey Coleman. You'll see why I think he can have the biggest impact for us, greater (in my view) than anyone else who likely will be available #10 or thereafter. Corey Coleman opposite ODB could really throw opposing defenses completely off balance, and open up everything else.

Using the draft value chart, a 1st and 3rd from Tennessee (and maybe a late round pick) seems appropriate. But the buyer has to be willing to buy, seller willing to sell etc, and it doesn't always conform to the chart values.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

I bet the could get #45 (Titan's lowest 2nd round pick of three).

Chris Collinsworth has us picking WR Corey Coleman even at #10. He makes a good point. In so many words, opposing defenses already have to key in on ODB, which would leave Corey Coleman in a lot of 1:1 situations with opposing DBs; with Corey Coleman's release speed and his plant agility, which looks similar to ODB (minus the long arms and same hands as ODB), this is a nightmare scenario for opposing defenses. Try bumping him, and he may burn you long. Try playing off, and he may in-cut or hitch you all day for 7-10 yards per punch.

It is a nightmare scenario for other teams. Between the 20's. Once the space gets crunched up in the redzone, you need a big receiver who is physical and can get up and go get it, high point the ball... That's not Coleman, although he is a really good leaper.

In that sense, take Doctson, who has the big frame and terrific ball skills. Doctson one on one is still a mismatch.... if we were to go receiver in the first that is, and I don't see that without a trade down and maybe not even then.

It is a nightmare scenario for other teams. Between the 20's. Once the space gets crunched up in the redzone, you need a big receiver who is physical and can get up and go get it, high point the ball... That's not Coleman, although he is a really good leaper.

In that sense, take Doctson, who has the big frame and terrific ball skills. Doctson one on one is still a mismatch.... if we were to go receiver in the first that is, and I don't see that without a trade down and maybe not even then.

Yeah I'm a Doctson fan, if the Giants can land him in round two I'd be ecstatic.