SportsWrath

Lights, Camera, Action

Bigblue25

OBJ vs. Norman twice a year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655390/article/josh-norman-signs-deal-with-redskins

Redskins sign Josh Norman to 5-year, $75M deal

Marc Sessler

Around the NFL Writer

+Follow on Twitter

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.

WATCH MORE VIDEOS

REPLAYJosh Norman officially signs with Redskins

Josh Norman's brief voyage into free-agency is over.

Just two days after the Carolina Panthers rescinded their non-exclusive franchise tag on the All-Pro cornerback, Norman signed a five-year, $75 million deal with the Washington Redskins on Friday, a source informed of the situation told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. The contract, which makes him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL, includes $50 million in guarantees.

How the hell can you remove a franchise tag 2 months into free agency? In this case, it worked out for player but come on, how is that fair?

I franchise tag can be rescinded at any time until the players signs his name on the dotted line.

If Norman didnt want to be playing for another team instead of being a greedy he should of signed the deal.

If anything I would think it works out better for the player typically since they are usually worth the money if they are getting the tag in the first place.

Ahh ok I thought he had signed already.

Gettleman didn't believe he was going to and they were so far apart on a long term deal, plus Panthers don't put emphasis on DB's. Giants went through this with JPP last year and almost rescinded the tag

I just hope Odell can act like an adult for those two games. That was flat-out embarrassing last year.

I'm pretty sure he will... lessons learned from all sides.. including Norman. And there are rumors that ODB is gay (well at least from things we saw on videos) so Norman better not come off like the idiot homophobe he pretended to be last year.

He's a fucking kid and a superstar and quite possibly the best WR in the league right now and a phenomenal athlete. He gets called homo and shit and baseball bats and crap on the field and suddenly the mind shuts off - he is back in the alley and thinks no one is watching him and he only has his eyes set on Norman. He's learnt his lesson. Now he only wants to burn him.

If ODB had caught that first TD where he just blew past Norman - Norman would have STFU and the game would have been a whole lot different. It was stupid yes, and Im not saying we should give him a pass for it. But I can understand.....he better not repeat that shit.

He's a fucking kid and a superstar and quite possibly the best WR in the league right now and a phenomenal athlete. He gets called homo and shit and baseball bats and crap on the field and suddenly the mind shuts off - he is back in the alley and thinks no one is watching him and he only has his eyes set on Norman. He's learnt his lesson. Now he only wants to burn him.

If ODB had caught that first TD where he just blew past Norman - Norman would have STFU and the game would have been a whole lot different. It was stupid yes, and Im not saying we should give him a pass for it. But I can understand.....he better not repeat that shit.

+1

He's an adult.

I wouldn't be surprised if his actions and general lack of discipline were factors in Coughlin's dismissal either.

We all like to think he's an adult.. much like I'd like to think I was an adult when I was his age too... there's something to be said about maturing as we grow older.

He's an adult.

I wouldn't be surprised if his actions and general lack of discipline were factors in Coughlin's dismissal either.

Coughlin's bs response to OBJ's behavior in the post game was DEFINITELY a factor.

Not giving him a pass, but who's not a hot head at 23? Completely agree on losing respect however. Not only for him but for the whole sideline thay saw him out of control and did nothing about it.

Coughlin's bs response to OBJ's behavior in the post game was DEFINITELY a factor.

Not giving him a pass, but who's not a hot head at 23? Completely agree on losing respect however. Not only for him but for the whole sideline thay saw him out of control and did nothing about it.

Spoke heavily to the team's leadership.