SportsWrath

Draft junkies... opinion on this scenario

Allstarjim

With the trade up by the Eagles, I don't believe that it really affects the draft as much in terms of how it affects the Giants, unless Paxton Lynch goes in the top 10 in terms of a trade up, or other unforeseen developments. I'm trying to imagine a realistic scenario where the Giants could land Myles Jack... what do you think about the possibility here:

1 - Rams take Goff

2 - Eagles take Wentz

3 - Chargers trade with Jacksonville - Jaguars take Ramsey

4 - Dallas takes Bosa

5 - Chargers take Tunsil (their real target)

6 - Ravens take Corey Coleman (perfect fit here, surprise pick)

7 - Niners take Buckner

8 - Browns take Paxton Lynch or Zeke Elliott

9 - Bucs take Ronnie Stanley (Bucs really don't have a use for Jack, and have a huge need at tackle)

10 - Giants take Myles Jack

We need Stanley, Lynch and/or Elliott, and a surprise pick to go ahead of us. I believe odds are decent a 2nd OT goes in the top 9 picks, and Elliott could go in there as well.

The Chargers pick is actually HUGE as to what happens with the Giants at 10. Should they trade down to Jax to get Ramsey or another team trades up to get Lynch, it's great for the Giants.

If they take Tunsil at #3, it's bad for the Giants, because the Cowboys take Ramsey in all likelihood, and the Jaguars likely take Myles Jack at #5. We need the Jaguars to have an option better than Jack at #5... I don't see one unless they somehow get Ramsey. If that happens, Jack could reach us.

With the trade up by the Eagles, I don't believe that it really affects the draft as much in terms of how it affects the Giants, unless Paxton Lynch goes in the top 10 in terms of a trade up, or other unforeseen developments. I'm trying to imagine a realistic scenario where the Giants could land Myles Jack... what do you think about the possibility here:

1 - Rams take Goff

2 - Eagles take Wentz

3 - Chargers trade with Jacksonville - Jaguars take Ramsey

4 - Dallas takes Bosa

5 - Chargers take Tunsil (their real target)

6 - Ravens take Corey Coleman (perfect fit here, surprise pick)

7 - Niners take Buckner

8 - Browns take Paxton Lynch or Zeke Elliott

9 - Bucs take Ronnie Stanley (Bucs really don't have a use for Jack, and have a huge need at tackle)

10 - Giants take Myles Jack

We need Stanley, Lynch and/or Elliott, and a surprise pick to go ahead of us. I believe odds are decent a 2nd OT goes in the top 9 picks, and Elliott could go in there as well.

The Chargers pick is actually HUGE as to what happens with the Giants at 10. Should they trade down to Jax to get Ramsey or another team trades up to get Lynch, it's great for the Giants.

If they take Tunsil at #3, it's bad for the Giants, because the Cowboys take Ramsey in all likelihood, and the Jaguars likely take Myles Jack at #5. We need the Jaguars to have an option better than Jack at #5... I don't see one unless they somehow get Ramsey. If that happens, Jack could reach us.

:wub:

Jack isn't going to make it past Jacksonville, Dallas or the Niners. He's simple the best LB/physical talent in the Draft after Ramsey is taken.

Heck the Browns would take him simply because he's there at 7.

The Ravens would take him cause Suggs I'd old as fuck and their recent LB has been a pretty big disappointment.

If anything Tunsil has a veteran chance at dropping is the Bucs don't take him.

I see what you guys are saying but one thing we all know is that teams' draft boards don't always coincide with conventional thinking. At least one WR has been drafted in the top 8 picks since 2010. Four in the last 2 years. In 2013, the Rams selected Tavon Austin number 8 overall, a player sort of similar to Coleman... and a team at the time that was very similar to the Ravens right now... a team bereft of offensive weapons. It may be a surprise and you are right that they value linebackers, but they do still have Mosley and Dumervil in addition to Suggs, and may feel they can add to the LB stable later in the draft. Just saying, Coleman getting picked up by some team would not shock me at all in part because he's such a physical freak, scored TDs in bunches last season, and the fact that Odell Beckham has had a major effect on the Giants, teams may want to try to get a player that can change the game like him.

Jack isn't going to make it past Jacksonville, Dallas or the Niners. He's simple the best LB/physical talent in the Draft after Ramsey is taken.

The Ravens would take him cause Suggs I'd old as fuck and their recent LB has been a pretty big disappointment.

+1

Guys, please, get this whole linebacker thing out of your heads. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

+1

Guys, please, get this whole linebacker thing out of your heads. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This.

Jack isnt going to fall and Floyd isnt a 4-3 LB.

Unless the Giants can leap frog into the top six or seven they really have no way of getting a first round talent LB.

And fuck if that happens for all we know JR goes and drafts Elliot.

Get out of my head :rules:

I could see Coleman going 8 to Browns. Have Baylor QB and Baylor WR already.

I think it's

1. Wentz

2. Goff

3. Ramsey

4. Zeke

5. Bosa

6. VH3

7. Jack

8. Tunsil

9. Lawson

10. Floyd

Floyd over Buckner? :confused:

I read yesterday or the day before about Jack's knee being a time bomb...him not having a lengthy NFL career. I don't know. I'm really torn on Jack. I know he's a hell of a player...I mean, if he's projected top 5 or 10 despite his injury history...he must be awesome. But I just don't want to take an injury risk top 10.

I kinda hope that he's not there when we pick so he's taken out of the equation. If he is there...and if he is the pick...it's going to take some on-field production before the uneasiness goes away...at least for me.

I read yesterday or the day before about Jack's knee being a time bomb...him not having a lengthy NFL career. I don't know. I'm really torn on Jack. I know he's a hell of a player...I mean, if he's projected top 5 or 10 despite his injury history...he must be awesome. But I just don't want to take an injury risk top 10.

I kinda hope that he's not there when we pick so he's taken out of the equation. If he is there...and if he is the pick...it's going to take some on-field production before the uneasiness goes away...at least for me.

Guys are already retiring before they are 30 and every player is an injury risk. Jack is more likely to get a concussion than to blow out the knee.

If Myles Jack gets drafted by the Giants and does enough to get the Giants to the superbowl and win, then retires... still worth the pick.

There was a time when players spent their entire career with one team, that has passed. Very few players last four years in the NFL, enjoy careers lasting ten, can choose to retire after fifteen or see their twentieth. The intensity of the game reaches new heights, risks and rewards every year and careers are shortened because of it.

Working through a full league, 3-round mock. I'm actually getting tired of this.

I did read a little about CJ Prosise, the Notre Dame RB. He's projected 3rd round and is available for our pick. I've read that he's a former safety that switched to RB and did really well. I'm curious if anyone knows whether he's said anything about switching back to safety...or if he's intent on staying at RB. I'd lean towards picking him regardless, but at his size/speed...having him play center field seemed more attractive than lining up behind Eli.

I like Prosise too but not in the third round... I've got them somewhere like this:

Elliott

Henry

Booker

Dixon

Jonathan Williams

Alex Collins

Paul Perkins

Prosise

Jordan Howard

And I'm not sure I shouldn't be flipping Prosise and Howard. For me, 5th round is the ideal spot for them to go RB. 4th if the pool is getting thin by the end of the third.

Working through a full league, 3-round mock. I'm actually getting tired of this.

I did read a little about CJ Prosise, the Notre Dame RB. He's projected 3rd round and is available for our pick. I've read that he's a former safety that switched to RB and did really well. I'm curious if anyone knows whether he's said anything about switching back to safety...or if he's intent on staying at RB. I'd lean towards picking him regardless, but at his size/speed...having him play center field seemed more attractive than lining up behind Eli.

And that's a crazy amount of work, man!